Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#801 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 9:30 PM
Yeah, the biggest reason why I was hesitating on restarting was that I grew very much attached to most of the characters, and even townies and dormies, to the point where I even have some headcannons of some (like how Vamsi Bear was never born and in fact just appeared one day).
The Brokes might be sorted out with something like Brandi's "husband" marrying because he doesn't believe in Woohoo before marriage, but does believe in cheating and thus they split. Or maybe it'll just be forgotten with time.
I'm still thinking about Darleen though, I just can't find any personality that would suit her in my opinion. I was thinking of doing something similar to Corpse Party Book of Shadows where she might have been resurrected, but her fate is inevitable and I'll kill her off somehow. Then for their second child I was thinking of having him disappear like Bella Goth into the adoption pool and make a grand re-appearance in true Maria la del Barrio fashion as a burglar breaking in a relative's home when he's older (can I even make someone like that a burglar NPC?)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#802 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
The only problem with this is that I now have oodles of N001's and I can't seem to remember what I was doin in them or why I wanted to change so I start another new one.. and on goes the cycle ... lol

Be more descriptive in your naming. First, come up with a general name, so you know which hood you're talking about, then give a short, more recent detail, so you know which version it is. Also, you can date it, too. So for me, my zip file is named N001.BrokeMafia, so I know that it's the version of the hood I'm currently playing now, with the Broke-Owens as a crime family. But then I also give a description of what just happened, like pre-whatever mod I just installed, or post-Dina zombie, because it's after I changed Dina into a zombie. Etc.

@sugoisama, I *think* you can make sims into NPCs, as I know other simmers make their own NPCs, but I'm not sure if you can just spawn custom ones, or if you can actually assign a sim to be an npc. I would imagine you could, but I would also just go the story route, and summoning him over and trying to steal something when you're ready to do that. I like the idea for Darleen, though; is the fate inevitable, or must she sacrifice something or do something horrible to keep her life? Maybe something magic related, since you originally wanted her to be a witch?

Like, for example, when I introduce magic into my hoods for the first time, instead of making it so that my sim inherited it, I have sims make a bargain with a head witch to either receive powers or to receive a great spell. And since sims almost always find the evil head witch first, the price is usually pretty steep. Usually my sims trade the ability for magic in exchange for moving the head witch in and making her a playable (since my headcannon is that all townies, after a while, tire of townie life and wish to be moved in and played, instead of waiting around in limbo all the time, constantly vying for the chance to spawn on a community lot). But I also toy with the idea of some spells/magic mods are controlled by powerful witches like the head witches, and to perform them, a witch can ask for favors/a price. So when Darren asked to be a witch in my hood, he also wanted to get Cassandra to break up with Don and marry him instead, so he made a bargain with the evil head witch Noelle. In exchange for powers and learning how to do magic that would break up Cassandra & Don and make Cassandra fall for him, Darren had to not only move in Noelle, but also help her get a voodoo doll so that she can establish a witch legacy--though at the time, he didn't truly realize what he was doing/what the voodoo doll was, anyway. Similarly, in exchange for youth, those two old ladies at the Viejo household (Catherine & Betty?) not only had to pledge 100,000 each, but a future child to be a member of Noelle's coven.

So I just wonder what the cost for bringing back Darleen was, you know? Or was it just 10,000?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#803 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=Phantomknight]Be more descriptive in your naming. First, come up with a general name, so you know which hood you're talking about, then give a short, more recent detail, so you know which version it is. Also, you can date it, too. So for me, my zip file is named N001.BrokeMafia, so I know that it's the version of the hood I'm currently playing now, with the Broke-Owens as a crime family. But then I also give a description of what just happened, like pre-whatever mod I just installed, or post-Dina zombie, because it's after I changed Dina into a zombie. Etc./QUOTE]

Yeah... I do that NOW ... lol, but like I said.. I've done this many a time. I've slowly been goin back through all my old hoods and seein if they still interest me and if so givin them descriptive names as you said. If I can't seem to be inspired to continue with whatever story I had goin or can't remember it well enough then off to the trashbin it goes.
Forum Resident
#804 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 4:44 PM
@PhantomKnight
Well, it was Dirk who became a witch to bring his mom back, since I wanted to play as a zombie and Cassandra already married Don (which only later turned out to be less dramatic and more wholesome than intended), and I didn't really think about it too much. However, you gave me an idea with this whole pact with the witches thing.
Dirk gave his powers in college to his roommate Kea, who's going to use it to become a cult leader, so I think the high witch might just get angry for Dirk's breaking of the pact, and he could thus set fire to a room and bring Darleen back into the world of the dead.
Now to figure out if I could turn Darren and Dirk's life positive again after that...
Top Secret Researcher
#805 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 1:38 AM
I decided to be kind of crazy and add shopping neighborhoods to my existing Ãœberhood, so in Garden Heights I have Thomas Jones and he is single. In the Story line he has romantic feelings for Alice Whitt, but he has not expressed them.

Thomas Jones is a Cancer, Family Aspiration.

Alice Whitt is an Aries, Popularity Aspiration.

Thomas also had a want to be best friends with Alice and he yearned to be in Law Enforcement. I fullfilled the want to be best friends and I had Thomas express his feellings. Then I had Thomas get a job in Law Enforcement and change his LTW to suit, since he felt more confident in himself.

My issue is that Alice and Thomas just don't have great Chemistry. With their their current Aspirations they have one bolt, not even close to good enough. My Sims always have three bolts in a Romantic Relationship before I have them get married etc. or have babies.

So I decided to have Thomas focus on finding someone else and not mooning over Alice.

From Bitville {one of the other hoods I have added} Samantha Hayden (Adult, Romance, Scorpio, Unemployed) has met Thomas and so they have compatible Signs. If I change Samantha to Fortune and set her turn ons and turn off to suit it is likely that Thomas and Samantha would have the Required three bolts. Romance Sims and Family Sims don't have good chemistry. Samantha and Thomas are not that well acquainted and have not been Romantic yet, as I was not sure that Thomas was that interested in Samantha.

On the other hand I noticed that Thomas has three bolts with his Maid right now, no changes needed. So maybe he should go with getting to know his Maid better instead of trying to get Samantha to be a Fortune Sim.

I also think it is strange to have Samantha who is a Scorpio be a Romance Sim, just not something I do with Scorpios. I make Scorpios to be Popularity if they have a High Outgoing, if they have a High Neatness I make them Knowledge Sims, otherwise I make them Fortune. So I can easily change Samantha to Fortune now or I could let her try to find herself later and stay a Romance Sim for now.

I am thinking maybe have Thomas go with romancing the Maid.

So Romance the Maid or have Samantha change Aspirations and see how that goes, what do you all think?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#806 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 2:08 AM
Why do they need to have 3 bolts?

Romance the maid. While I do change some things to improve chemistry I don't make sims change aspiration as that feels like the whole (change myself so X will love me) which is how dysfunctional relations work.

My question.
My romance sim here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...stpost&t=514057 Just had triplets. Back story to her is she had one daughter who ran away as a teen since her mother never took care of her, had guys around she didn't like etc.
The mother attempted to get herself in a better place, got a trailer and stayed put to try andform a relationship with her once she was a young adult. Then she had twins and her daughter adopted them. They are on speaking terms now.
Then right before 5 days to elder (Just before she would have been infertile) she got pregnant again and had the triplets.
I saved and left lol.

So what I am sure of is that Sonya would not attempt to raise 3 kids and her daughter already has her twin siblings, her own toddler and another on the way. So 4 there and no more room. As it is she and her husband share a house with his parents. So no way would she take the triplets although she probably would want to.

1. Do I simply have Sonya dump all 3 of them at the orphanage and forget them. If I play the orphanage a couple of days the triplets already there will be kids (The orphanage parents have there own triplets...) and there will only be one younger toddler. They will be very full to overflowing with kids in total. There are 6 there now and Sonya's 3 would make 9. Plus the parents and the cat. I can play large families though it would be hectic. I am leaning away from this though.

2. Keep one triplet, probably the girl so she has someone around in her old age. She is 4 days to elder now. I don't know how good a mother she will be. Leave the 2 boys at the orphanage. Sonya's focus is her 20 whoohoos, not her kids.

3. See if another family could foster all 3 to keep them together then have her try to get the girl back once she turns into a child. I am leaning towards this. If I do this should she get her daughter back or not?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#807 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Why do they need to have 3 bolts?

Romance the maid. While I do change some things to improve chemistry I don't make sims change aspiration as that feels like the whole (change myself so X will love me) which is how dysfunctional relations work.

My question.
My romance sim here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...stpost&t=514057 Just had triplets. Back story to her is she had one daughter who ran away as a teen since her mother never took care of her, had guys around she didn't like etc.
The mother attempted to get herself in a better place, got a trailer and stayed put to try andform a relationship with her once she was a young adult. Then she had twins and her daughter adopted them. They are on speaking terms now.
Then right before 5 days to elder (Just before she would have been infertile) she got pregnant again and had the triplets.
I saved and left lol.

So what I am sure of is that Sonya would not attempt to raise 3 kids and her daughter already has her twin siblings, her own toddler and another on the way. So 4 there and no more room. As it is she and her husband share a house with his parents. So no way would she take the triplets although she probably would want to.

1. Do I simply have Sonya dump all 3 of them at the orphanage and forget them. If I play the orphanage a couple of days the triplets already there will be kids (The orphanage parents have there own triplets...) and there will only be one younger toddler. They will be very full to overflowing with kids in total. There are 6 there now and Sonya's 3 would make 9. Plus the parents and the cat. I can play large families though it would be hectic. I am leaning away from this though.

2. Keep one triplet, probably the girl so she has someone around in her old age. She is 4 days to elder now. I don't know how good a mother she will be. Leave the 2 boys at the orphanage. Sonya's focus is her 20 whoohoos, not her kids.

3. See if another family could foster all 3 to keep them together then have her try to get the girl back once she turns into a child. I am leaning towards this. If I do this should she get her daughter back or not?

I just like how the Sims act when they have 3 bolts and I decided to make it a rule in my game. It is just an Arbitrary rule that I like to play with.

I was thinking that the Maid would be his first choice, partly because he is more attracted to her now and it makes more sense to me to have him pursue the one that catches his eye the most.

I do sometimes change a Sim's Aspiration if I have a reasonably good reason in my story line, also a Romance Sim who is a Scorpio does not make a lot of sense to me. So I very well might change Samantha's Aspiration later in the game when I am playing her, haven't made up my mind on this partly because I wanted to play her a bit before deciding.

As to your Story Line Question: I like Option Number 3 the most. Also I would wait until later in determining if Sonya will get her daughter back, don't know if you like to make random choices, but this choice could be random if that appeals to you.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Lab Assistant
#808 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

Well, most of my Sims have two parents (not all of course) can one Sim get a t-shirt with the text "I slept with a player and I got three children"? Biological father/second mother or not. And if the biological mother maintains a relationship with the triplets I would think that one of them would feel responsible for their mother, depending on aspirations and such. She could take them on outings even if they are staying with another family and a teen could choose to move back.
Instructor
#809 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 8:37 PM
I have a dilemma of sorts involving my sim characters Billie Edison, one of her lovers Henry Myers and my gay couple Daniel and Corbin Gates.

So some back story, Billie Edison was one of my sims Logan Prescott's lover back at University. They were both keeping thier relationship casual seeing as both of them are romance sims, anyways, Billie got pregnant with Logan's baby and they had a baby girl by the name of Anita Prescott (who is really pretty btw). Billie didn't see herself as a mother type and so Logan took custordy of her and raised her on his own until he met his current wife Daphne Prescott.

Anyways, Billie moved to Jacksonville to be closer to her daughter (i.e. she became playable, I had made her selectable when she got 'pregnant' with Anita), she rekinkled her romance with her lover Henry Myers (whom Billie cheated on Logan with, not before Logan had cheated on Billie with one of his other lovers in the form of Brenda Queen). So Billie got pregnant with Henry's baby, however the baby turned into babies as Billie ended up having triplets (the 2nd set of triplets in my hood) names Benedict, Brianna and Beatrice.

Billie gave the babies up for adoption as she didn't see herself or Henry raising these babies together.

Daniel and Corbin Gates are my gay couple, and after having two biological sons of their own, Daniel really wanted to adopt and so they ended up adopting Benedict.

Now the only people that know about Billie giving up her babies for adoption are the people in Billie's inner circle, which includes Marissa Andreas whom btw is Corbin Gates's cousin.

Now, I am conflicted in terms of what to do with Benedict when he is older, should I allow him to one day find out about Billie and this whole other family he has? (Logan btw got married, and he and Daphne welcomed twins last year sim time. They (unbeknown to them) will be expanding their family through risky woohoo it seems.)

Or should Billie, Marissa and everyone else that knows not tell Daniel and Corbin and let them continue in their family bliss? What would happen further down the line should Anita meet Benedict? (and OMG, what would happen if by any chance Anita and Benedict hooked up? - I mean I doubt it because Anita is significally older than her biological brother)
Mad Poster
#810 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 1:31 AM
I would wait and see if Benedict ever happens to meet Billie, or if any reason comes up in play which would both clue Marissa in that this might be Billie's child and motivate her to tell him. Anita might suspect she could have half-siblings out there, and if Benedict has a strong resemblance to her, and they happen to meet, he might want to ask about his bio parents. Presumably Anita knows about her mother.

Benedict or Anita might want very badly to know about other relatives and go hunting for information. (SimAncestry.com?) Marissa might be passing information to Billie on how her son is, and Benedict overhears her. There are all sorts of possibilities of how they might find out, if they find out. Probably they'll meet playing chess at the park when you're playing some other sim, but you know, by then you'll know them a lot better and know if Anita hides the fact that Daphne isn't really her mother or if she's looking for Billie and any other siblings she might have out there, and whether or not Benedict's parents have told him he's adopted or not.

What happened to Brianna and Beatrice? You could play out several different options with them, you know.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#811 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NewSimgirl2011
I have a dilemma of sorts involving my sim characters Billie Edison, one of her lovers Henry Myers and my gay couple Daniel and Corbin Gates.

So some back story, Billie Edison was one of my sims Logan Prescott's lover back at University. They were both keeping thier relationship casual seeing as both of them are romance sims, anyways, Billie got pregnant with Logan's baby and they had a baby girl by the name of Anita Prescott (who is really pretty btw). Billie didn't see herself as a mother type and so Logan took custordy of her and raised her on his own until he met his current wife Daphne Prescott.

Anyways, Billie moved to Jacksonville to be closer to her daughter (i.e. she became playable, I had made her selectable when she got 'pregnant' with Anita), she rekinkled her romance with her lover Henry Myers (whom Billie cheated on Logan with, not before Logan had cheated on Billie with one of his other lovers in the form of Brenda Queen). So Billie got pregnant with Henry's baby, however the baby turned into babies as Billie ended up having triplets (the 2nd set of triplets in my hood) names Benedict, Brianna and Beatrice.

Billie gave the babies up for adoption as she didn't see herself or Henry raising these babies together.

Daniel and Corbin Gates are my gay couple, and after having two biological sons of their own, Daniel really wanted to adopt and so they ended up adopting Benedict.

Now the only people that know about Billie giving up her babies for adoption are the people in Billie's inner circle, which includes Marissa Andreas whom btw is Corbin Gates's cousin.

Now, I am conflicted in terms of what to do with Benedict when he is older, should I allow him to one day find out about Billie and this whole other family he has? (Logan btw got married, and he and Daphne welcomed twins last year sim time. They (unbeknown to them) will be expanding their family through risky woohoo it seems.)

Or should Billie, Marissa and everyone else that knows not tell Daniel and Corbin and let them continue in their family bliss? What would happen further down the line should Anita meet Benedict? (and OMG, what would happen if by any chance Anita and Benedict hooked up? - I mean I doubt it because Anita is significally older than her biological brother)

@NewSimgirl2011

I would have Benedict find out one day about Billie etc. You might want to have him find out by accident or because he submitted a DNA Test or maybe someone else conected to him did a DNA search, there are quite a few possibilities. You could play it in several different ways, depending on what kind of Drama you desire.

Instructor
#812 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 10:53 AM
Anita knows that Daphne is her step-mother, in fact she has a great relatioship with her. Brianna and Beatrice are still techincally in the adoption pool. I don't think any of my families anytime soon will adopt again, but now I'm thinking how would I grow them up as well seeing as there are triplets.

Daniel and Corbin seem like the sort of couple that would tell thier son that he was adopted because there are the open talking types. Unless Logan, Daphne or Billie told Anita about any other siblings I don't think Anita would purposely want to find out I don't think, but then this might change so I don't know.

Looks like I will have to wait and see what plays out. But keep the suggestions coming guys, I appericate it.
Alchemist
#813 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 1:12 AM Last edited by Phantomknight : 26th May 2020 at 6:37 PM. Reason: typos
Meant to post yesterday but got distracted cleaning out the pantry. Sims, they don't know how good they have it. Anywho, @lordtyger9, I'm not a fan of changing a sim's aspiration (or astrological sign, for that matter), not for just relationship bolts and not to make a sim "fit" an aspiration, either. I know some simmers like to match signs with aspiration, but it just seems weird because I feel that sims can have the same aspiration but different personalities. I don't see why a Scorpio couldn't be a romance sim. They are outgoing but maybe their lack of nice points makes them a bit more cold-hearted, or less sappy, and more prone to the 'love 'em and leave 'em' mentality. Idk, it just seems strange to say that a personality doesn't fit an aspiration. The only times I can see that is when a super shy sim rolls Popularity or a super serious sim rolls Pleasure. But even then I can still see someone who is shy secretly wanting to by popular. What you want in life isn't always suited to your personality, so I usually find a way to reconcile those situations with story.

So I'd go with the maid because that means less personality and aspiration changes, but I kinda feel like maybe you should give Alice another chance. Remember that marriage boosts relationship chemistry, and you can change turn ons. Changing turn ons and turn offs is something I allow in my game--it makes more sense to change that in my head, as people are more likely to change what they are attracted to (or exhibit a range of attractions) than completely change their personality and/or life views & goals. With the right attractions, you can greatly boost chemistry. So have you tried changing turn ons, yet? I think you could get Alice and Thomas to two bolts at least. Then marriage could push them to three. Idk the exact numbers but I have several sims who only have a bolt of attraction because they are in a relationship.

@joandsarah77, Considering you said Sonya was trying to get her life in a better place and repair her relationship with her eldest, I don't think she'd just dump the kids nor only care for just one or two--that seems too much like repeating past mistakes. I'm leaning towards 3--is there someone who could care for the triplets while they are babies and toddlers? Then, as they become kids, are boarding schools and summer camps an option? Like maybe she doesn't break all ties with the kids, just becomes a very hands-off parent. I could see how someone who struggled to raise a kid and stay interested the first time around would change a little, by making sure all the kids are well cared for physically and in a good home, yet they would still struggle with full commitment to raising kids and being involved. And taking just the daughter back seems like a recipe for drama; idk if that's what you're going for, but it's a surefire way to build resentment between all the siblings. But then again, maybe hiring a caregiver to take care of the kids while Sonya goes off and parties is part of what ruined her relationship with her eldest, though it makes the most sense to me. So yeah, I vote for finding a home/place for all the triplets, but letting Sonya visit every now and then and stay relatively close. Maybe she pretends to be grandma or a great aunt or something; someone who is family and spends time with the kids occasionally, but not too much time. That way she can spend her golden years partying, jet-setting, and falling in love.

@NewSimgirl2011, Well, how does Billie feel about having a relationship with her kids? When she gave up the triplets, was it just about shedding the responsibility of child care? Did she want an open adoption or a completely closed adoption, with nothing to do with her kids? She does try to maintain a relationship with Anita, after all; does she try to have relationships with the triplets and keep everything honest and open? And then how does Billie's inner circle feel about the situation? Are they understanding/supportive? Do they think Billie is irresponsible for getting pregnant again? Are they upset with her because they have difficulties having kids while Billie has had kids easily, only to give them away? Would they be upset at the thought of siblings being split up? Would Marissa Andreas notice the resemblance between Benedict and Billie, and then feel obligated to tell him? Figuring all that out might help you decide who would tell what and to who. I like the idea of Daniel and Corbin telling Benedict he's adopted, but maybe he doesn't go looking for his birth parents. Sims, unlike us, can be a little more resilient and content with their lives; Benedict might not feel a need to go search for his birth parents. Maybe he, happy with his life, doesn't go searching--instead, his siblings, bitter about not being adopted into a loving home, come looking for him.

I would advocate making sure Brianna and Beatrice age along with Benedict, and, if they don't get adopted, I'd consider making an orphanage to play them in. The orphanage could be a great place, just hard to live in with fewer opportunities, or maybe it's a complete mess. Depends on what you're in the mood for. Anyway, maybe as the twins grow older, they're the ones that go looking for answers and put the family tree back together, only to have lots of drama ensue between those who grew up in cushy-loving households and the ones who grew up in foster care. It could be the start of a long family feud! Or, you know, if you don't like families fighting, just some good old fashioned mystery. Or you could do a parent trap scenario, where the kids meet up later in life and realize they're related. Then wacky high jinks ensue trying to get everyone together to be a family.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#814 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 2:42 AM
You make a good point. Yes, I was thinking just taking the daughter would cause drama, that was kind of the point. But as you said, I am trying to soften her as she approaches elderhood, looking back on past mistakes and all of that. Right now she lives in a one bedroomed trailer so she has no room for kids either. I thought she might have done better with date gifts but she is struggling financially since dating is her 'job', she doesn't work. I think maybe this farming family could foster them since they only have one child and oddly enough the mother for being a family sim has not rolled another have baby want. She did once and I must have not locked it, I assumed she would simply roll it again, but her daughter is child aged now and still no want rolled. They have plenty of room so they might be the ones.

I will still play by wants and see what happens when I bring Sonya over.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#815 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 7:05 PM
OK just to update anyone who might be curious. I had Alice get with Vincent Moore in Bitville and she moved to Bitville with her dog Sam and then married him and now she is pregant with her first child.

Also I played the Oglethorpe household and I had Maximillion marry a Professor that he met through the Match maker.

I will have Thomas see about marriage with his Maid when I return to his house.

BTW: I really like the Neighborhoods and the Sims and their Pets and I mostly like their Story Lines, even though I don't follow every Story Line exactly as that is how I play. However I really don't like the Buildings all that much that are used for the households that I have played so far which are the Oglethorpe household, the Moore Household, the Whitt Household and the Aires Household. I had to change the dimensions of the house on one of them to get a driveway in. I mean who builds a house such that the lot does not have room for a Driveway? Otherwise when I have the funds I have them add a second story at least. I just do not like the houses that I have played so far in these neighborhoods. I don't mean any insult to whoever made the houses, I am sure that lots of people like them as they are even if I think they have to be re-modeled, however I don't dislike them so much that I demolished them, I just re-model them.

Instructor
#816 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@NewSimgirl2011, Well, how does Billie feel about having a relationship with her kids? When she gave up the triplets, was it just about shedding the responsibility of child care? Did she want an open adoption or a completely closed adoption, with nothing to do with her kids? She does try to maintain a relationship with Anita, after all; does she try to have relationships with the triplets and keep everything honest and open? And then how does Billie's inner circle feel about the situation? Are they understanding/supportive? Do they think Billie is irresponsible for getting pregnant again? Are they upset with her because they have difficulties having kids while Billie has had kids easily, only to give them away? Would they be upset at the thought of siblings being split up? Would Marissa Andreas notice the resemblance between Benedict and Billie, and then feel obligated to tell him? Figuring all that out might help you decide who would tell what and to who. I like the idea of Daniel and Corbin telling Benedict he's adopted, but maybe he doesn't go looking for his birth parents. Sims, unlike us, can be a little more resilient and content with their lives; Benedict might not feel a need to go search for his birth parents. Maybe he, happy with his life, doesn't go searching--instead, his siblings, bitter about not being adopted into a loving home, come looking for him.

I would advocate making sure Brianna and Beatrice age along with Benedict, and, if they don't get adopted, I'd consider making an orphanage to play them in. The orphanage could be a great place, just hard to live in with fewer opportunities, or maybe it's a complete mess. Depends on what you're in the mood for. Anyway, maybe as the twins grow older, they're the ones that go looking for answers and put the family tree back together, only to have lots of drama ensue between those who grew up in cushy-loving households and the ones who grew up in foster care. It could be the start of a long family feud! Or, you know, if you don't like families fighting, just some good old fashioned mystery. Or you could do a parent trap scenario, where the kids meet up later in life and realize they're related. Then wacky high jinks ensue trying to get everyone together to be a family.

Oh boy! Don't get me started on what some of the Sims in Billie's inner circle think.

For example, Elieen whom is one of Billie's house mates and friend recently got engaged and she is a family sim and when the triplets were born she immedately took to them and was more than happy to help Billie (the one night she had with them) with feeding them, I think apart of her was sad when Billie decided to give the triplets away etc. (For Elieen she had always wanted a family, being a bit naive having lived in Newport Isle all her life she wasn't as experience to life as Billie was. So when Billie invited her to move to Jacksonville with her, she jumped at the chance to experience life a bit more...anyways I get distracted) Logan on the other hand, seemed to be disappointed with Billie, he hadn't liked how they had parted and how Billie left Logan to raise Anita on his own and how she would come and go as she pleased. Despite being a romance sim himself, Logan is a really great dad and loves his children and has always tried to do his best beside them.

Marissa and Ricki (Ricki was previously Matthew Picaso's mistress until he and Jessica got a divorce - only after having four children together) on the other aren't sure how to feel about the situation, they seem caught in two minds. Both being fortune sims, they understand that Billie may not have been even financial able to look after the triplets (Jessica Goodwin formely Picaso comes to mind - her and Matthew had single daughter Lilly and then ended up having triplet boys) even if Henry was helping, it is alot of work unless one of the parents has a high paying job. Marissa however, in particular couldn't imagine splitting up siblings and allowing them to grow up without each other, she is very close with her cousin Corbin and their sons too.

Bella whom is the 3rd housemate, agrees with Billie. Bella who is also a romance sim though she very focus on her career as well, didn't think the relationship and dynamics between Billie and Henry was enough for them to raise a family together. (Which is funny because Bella is the sim that was pushing Elieen to get engaged to Rob Landau rather than Leo Wilkie because Rob had more years on his side in order to give Elieen the family she wanted, rather than rush things with Leo when ultimately he just wanted some sort of legacy to leave behind. And plus, Bella didn't like how quickly Leo fell for thier nice, shy Elieen and she seems the most protective of the four ladies) Angelica who is the 4th housemate slept through everything!

Corbin and Daniel are such loving parents they really are, it is funny that in their household they ended up raising boys whereas for Corbin's cousin Marissa she has a house full of girls and even though Corbin had hope to adopt a girl, Daniel is more than happy with where their family is at the moment. I think Marissa would tell Corbin whom would tell Daniel about Benedict, but I don't think they would tell him fully unless he really wanted to know. And I know that Daniel and Corbin will raise their boys in a very loving home, so for me I feel that unless Benedict asked then they may not say anything.

I love your idea of Beatrice and Brianna one day looking for whom, I feel like girls may be more inclined to find out whom their real parents are than boys (that is just me being general though). I do want to keep their ages in sync and so may consider setting up an orphanage may be the way to go, I'll have to see.

I'm okay putting families against each other, the dynamics between Matthew and Jessica after their divorce was hard especially as Matthew married Ricki quite soon after they got divorced and Jessica was pretty much single for the remaining time that Lilly was a toddler and the boys were born.

Just typing all of this out has made me realise how many of my sims have interpersonal relationships with each other. I love it! :lovestruc

EDIT: And another thing, Billie to me seems like the sort of person whom abandons responsibility when the babies are younger and more needy and would rather come back a little later in their childhood after they have done needing to be potty trained and learnt skills etc. For example, with Anita, yes Billie left Logan to to raise her but she did come and go when Anita was a toddler. She just wasn't always there for the day to day, she would pop round one afternoon for the day and then leave. It wasn't until Anita had grown up into a child that Billie decided to actually get a place in Jacksonville and be there full time, and even then Anita lives with Logan and Daphne, but Billie is round the house a lot more frequent. So maybe Billie doesn't like the baby stuff, but is more interested in getting to know her children when there are older.
Scholar
#817 Old 3rd May 2019 at 12:16 PM
Been like a half year before I started played Sims 2 after spilling hot coffee on my previous laptop, but anyways. I put this dilemma on here since I already asked several threads similar to this. It's about a want dilemma where the sims wants "conflict" with their currently lifestyle.

A middle class family consist of a popularity DJ husband and family orientated housewife along with a rebellious pregnant teenager and their niece. The couple are in late stage of their adult age (realistic 50's) and I'm trying to fulfill their LTW. The wife want to marry off 6 children but only have a daughter. The husband doesn't really care and only want to succeed in his Slacker career.

They are in debts of 30K and live in a tiny apartment where the daughter and niece share bedroom. The hood is rather small so it would hard for them expand and move out (they are able to fit two more kids with bunk beds or renovate another room, but except for some debts, their social status is not the plain average and I'm not sure if the daughter will keep the kid) They are about 10 days left to becoming elders so the wife's biological clock is ticking, but then again, they can adopt the remaining kids or just hope their daughter marry six times (which seems to fulfill that LTW). SO, I wondering - what fate would you choose for this type of household? (don't have a list of suggestion except the thoughts above).

I feel like just ignoring their wishes and let them do whatever they §want, but I'm also trying to challenge myself.
Mad Poster
#818 Old 4th May 2019 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
Been like a half year before I started played Sims 2 after spilling hot coffee on my previous laptop, but anyways. I put this dilemma on here since I already asked several threads similar to this. It's about a want dilemma where the sims wants "conflict" with their currently lifestyle.

A middle class family consist of a popularity DJ husband and family orientated housewife along with a rebellious pregnant teenager and their niece. The couple are in late stage of their adult age (realistic 50's) and I'm trying to fulfill their LTW. The wife want to marry off 6 children but only have a daughter. The husband doesn't really care and only want to succeed in his Slacker career.

They are in debts of 30K and live in a tiny apartment where the daughter and niece share bedroom. The hood is rather small so it would hard for them expand and move out (they are able to fit two more kids with bunk beds or renovate another room, but except for some debts, their social status is not the plain average and I'm not sure if the daughter will keep the kid) They are about 10 days left to becoming elders so the wife's biological clock is ticking, but then again, they can adopt the remaining kids or just hope their daughter marry six times (which seems to fulfill that LTW). SO, I wondering - what fate would you choose for this type of household? (don't have a list of suggestion except the thoughts above).

I feel like just ignoring their wishes and let them do whatever they §want, but I'm also trying to challenge myself.

Well, can they adopt their niece and their grandchild? That would be three kids who might marry . . . unless their daughter has twins!

Top Secret Researcher
#819 Old 6th May 2019 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina

Glad that you are back.

Anyway I would do one or more of several things if I am planning on fulfilling her LTW: extend the Adult life of the mom, get her pregnant and make her have twins, adopt several kids. Otherwise I would change her LTW and make sure to choose something that she can still do. I think I would do a combination of the options to fullfill her LTW. I have no compunction about some cheating btw.

Instructor
#820 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 9:49 PM
So...an interesting story scenario has popped up in my game. For those that don't know, couple of months ago I posted on here stating that my dormie sim Billie Edison had a daughter with one of my playables soon after they both got out of University. Logan Prescott took Anita to live with him, since then he has married and welcomed twins with his new wife Daphne and there are currently expecting thier 3rd child much to theirs' (and mine) surprise.

Billie for the longest time wasn't too invloved in Anita's life until she became a child, and then she moved to Jacksonville to be closer. Billie had a relationship with one of her many lovers Henry Myers (whom funny enough Billie cheated on Logan with back in University and was one of the many reasons they broke up in the end), they unexpectingly got pregnant and welcomed triplets (2 daughters and a son), Billie and Henry decided to give thier kids up for adoption. Their son Benedict was adopted by Billie's friend Marissa's gay cousin Corbin and his husband Daniel.

Meanwhile, Benedict's sisters are still in foster care, which changed today when I created Alice Orphanage whom has adopted (or will adopt) the two little girls for her Orhanage.Here is where it gets a bit interesting, see while Alice was out and about exploring Newport Isle (Elsewhere for everyone else out in the community) she met Henry Myers and they really hit it off. Alice wants to go on a date, and I plan on her asking Henry to go on a date, but I want people's opinion here.

Should I let Alice and Henry presure thier relationship to see where it goes?

Henry is aware of what Alice does for work, but doesn't know that those babies are his because Billie never told him what she named the triplets only that the papers to put them up for adoption had been signed by her. Do you think he should have the right to know?

(How would I do it? Henry and Billie still keep somewhat in contact even if only as lovers, but there are not as close as they used to be since the pregnancy. Could Henry let slip that he is seeing this Alice girl? Knowing Billie, she would try and find a way to know who this person is...she is that sort of romance sim that likes to know everything her lovers are doing...even WHOM there are doing)

Just wondering if you guys could help me direct this potential story...

Thank you in advance.
Mad Poster
#821 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 10:44 PM
Well, Henry could simply meet the girls at Alice' home and realize that they look like his mom/dad/self/Aunt Evelyn and pursue the question. Would he care? Would he want his daughters (and son)?

Would he tell Alice that he has triplets who were given up for adoption? Would Alice know that the girls are triplets?

Might Henry be pursuing Alice because he knows the triplets were put up for adoption and he's trying to find them, making their relationship be about him getting his kids, and not at all about his relationship with her, from his perspective?

Theorist
#822 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 8:23 PM
I have a bit of a conundrum.

So my version of the Goth family is in the 5th generation living in the same Goth manor and they are the principal family of the Neighbourhood.

However by now after the family living for so long on that lot, and me making so many additions and changes or whatever on the lot, it has become kinda problematic. I can't throw parties anymore, because if too many Sims are on the lot the game crashes. If I play for more than two Sim days on that lot, the game crashes. If I windows-key out of the game because I need to look something up or reply to someone while playing the Goth Manor, the game crashes.
I don't have those problems on any other lot, the hood checker comes up empty, so I can only conclude the lot is borked or it's too freaking huge with too many objects (or both)

So I think I need to remove the family from their ancestral manor, permanently. In addition to that, with several thousand k in their account the Goths also have become kinda boring. I feel the family has nothing to work towards anymore. It's part of why I just kept adding to the house, to spend at least some of that cash. So if I already have to remove them from their manor, I'd like to include something that knocks them down economically, maybe even waaaaaay down.

Anybody have an idea for a storyline that would force the Goths to move and make them lose their wads of money? It's further complicated by the fact that there's a sideline to the family (two if I include Cassandra and her kids with Malcolm Landgraab) so I also need and idea why nobody will ever settle in the Goth Manor anymore...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#823 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 9:01 PM
Well, what are the current crop of Goths like? Anybody there likely to precipitate a crisis? Create a weather machine that causes fire to rain down upon the house? Suffuse the place with radioactivity? Disgruntled employees rise up to destroy them, leaving the house a smoking pit and all the children orphaned and adrift in a revolutionary landscape?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#824 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Well, what are the current crop of Goths like? Anybody there likely to precipitate a crisis? Create a weather machine that causes fire to rain down upon the house? Suffuse the place with radioactivity? Disgruntled employees rise up to destroy them, leaving the house a smoking pit and all the children orphaned and adrift in a revolutionary landscape?

The current Goths that live in the manor are on the more mundane side I'm afraid:

The head of the family is Magnus, Mortimer's and Bella's middle child (Cassandra, Magnus, Alexander) The concept for him was "male Bella" and that's pretty much what he is; an elegant, pleasure seeking Romance Sim who works as a Professional party guest.

His wife is Emanuelle (ne'e Jeffres) who is a snobbish Fashion Stylist (custom career) who's also a Romance Sim.

Their children are:

Helena (teen) a Popularity Sim, she was supposed to be the Juliet in a Romeo and Juliet scenario with Santino Alto of the Alto Crime Syndicate, but that crime syndicate imploded for unforseeable story reasons (they attacked a soldier on the grounds of the military base) and Santino is now living in a hovel in Downtown. They are still in love with each other though.
Phileas (teen) a Knowledge Sim and the current heir, named after the main character from Around the World in 80 days and I was planning on making him a traveling Sim. He's a more traditional member of the Goth family than his parents or sister, kinda odd, kinda weird, but friendly and welcoming.
and Morgana (child) who's supposed to grow up to be Morgana Wolff from Sims 3.

In addition, while none of them are witches, Bella's witch paraphernalia are still in the attic.

By now I had some ideas:

a)Santino Alto could try to convince Helena to use Bella's witch stuff resurrect his parents and their goons, it could go wrong (since Helena isn't a natural witch) and could result in Zombie Mobsters (Mobster Zombies) that destroy the Manor and eat Magnus and Emanuelle. Helena runs off with Santino, Phileas runs off to one of the more exotic Subhoods to find adventure and Morgana is given into the care of Cassandra. Plus I could have a little Zombie Outbreak that could shake up a couple stale storilines.

b)I have a "Demon" who I'm not really playing (he's there to eventually be Nervous Subjects Father) who could bring Magnus and Emanuelle under his influence in some sort of weird cult scenario, which would again leave the three children stranded. The demon could then take the Manor as his residence and make it "haunted"/"cursed" so that nobody will ever live there anymore. He'd just live there forever, since he doesn't age, I wouldn't really play him and eventually he'd father Nervous.

Which one sounds more fitting?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#825 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 4:32 AM
Do them both!

Honestly, option A sounds a bit like what I had planned for my Pleasantview, before I got squeamish about adding zombies. My Mortimer was supposed to be experimenting on Dina and accidentally create a zombie--which I did have him do, to be fair. But instead of Dina escaping her "observation chamber" during the Goth Winter's Day Party and starting a zombie outbreak, I just had Mortimer kill her and remarry Ivy Copur. ANYway, the whole zombie incident was supposed to start a major uproar, taking out some financial systems and creating a blow to the Goth family stocks, fortune, and reputation. So if you do have a zombie outbreak, not only could it shake up things in town, killing off some, perhaps spreading plague in others, but also, if things get severe enough, you could institute martial law and demand sims live in temporary shelters for a while. Everyone could live in barracks and hunt zombies for a bit or you could do mini asylum challenges or start an orphanage for displaced kids. Then, once things calm down, maybe some townspeople get together and file a class action lawsuit against the Goths, claiming that the family was the cause of all the havoc. The lawsuit could force the family to pay out reparations to other families, or force the Goths to renovate some community lots. Either way, it could end up ruining the Goth fortune and blacklisting the Goths from certain careers for a while.

You could easily integrate this with option B, too, as the Demon could get left behind when the zombies go to town and destroy the manor. You could even make over the lot with some grunge/demolition sets and have the building really look as if it was damaged.

Otherwise, on a more practical note, you could package the lot and clean it, removing all sims, hacks, & sim references, and then test it in a new game to see if the bugs are gone. Otherwise, I was going to suggest that you split the family fortune and have people go their separate ways. Maybe Phineas is too busy living the high life to properly manage his portion and wastes his money traveling, buying vacation homes, and renting an expensive apartment. Maybe Helena uses her share to set up herself and Santino with a new home and "business," but Santino ends up losing most of it after a series of get-rich-quick schemes. Maybe Magnus uses his portion to buy a nicely appointed downtown townhouse to live, showcase art, and throw lavish parties in. Perhaps he appears to be the only one upholding the Goth family name, but he is actually having an affair and supporting a mistress in the countryside.

So yeah, lots of ways the family could lose money and/or decide to move. How much money do they have anyway?

aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 33 of 48