Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#201 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 8:01 PM
I discovered that my sim looks terribly ugly and cant fall in love :/

I am Jesse and im looking for mostly hairstyles and clothing for my sims, or mods/careers. Please let me know if there is anything AWESOME out there
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:09 AM
I discovered I've not played it in a week or more.
Test Subject
#203 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:11 AM
My Sim shooed away my toddler just to woohoo.

Who does that? :P
Instructor
#204 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:57 AM
There are a lot of posts in this thread that are just random whining and have nothing to do with the topic. ><

On to the actual topic, I discovered that some sims will trip and fall into the pool when they try to jump in. It is probably related to the clumsy trait, but I am not 100% sure on that.
Alchemist
#205 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 2wentyEight
My Sim shooed away my toddler just to woohoo.

Who does that? :P

LOL

I know i've already posted but oh well

I think i'm a bit slow but i only just discovered that smoke comes out the chimneys. I've been playing my house which has a fireplace for the last week and a half and i only just noticed :D

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Field Researcher
#206 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:13 AM

Dun-Dun-Dun.
Inventor
#207 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aree

Dun-Dun-Dun.

I have noticed that there is something weird with the Alto family. One of the sims I played went to the graveyard after 12am to catch a deathfish and all 3 of the Alto clan were just standing there in front of the pond and they were acting suspicious. Almost like they had dumped some body in the pond or something. They left as soon as my sim went up to the pond to fish.

Also, I noticed that Michael Bachelor visits the Goth House at night, alot. Almost like he might be cheating with Cornelia or something. I've seen that in many different games I've played with different sims.
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:26 AM
I discovered you could place a teddy bear in the cot (the expensive new one) dunno why but it made me smile ;D and I found out I could buy a goldfish from home, I named him Christian after Christian Bale. These were probably really obvious things but nevertheless they made me happy hahaha.
Inventor
#209 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:38 AM
You can place a teddy bear in any of the cribs, expensive and lesser cost one. I put the teddy bears in there all the time. Also, you can have the baby/toddler give a name to the teddy bear.
Scholar
#210 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 2:05 AM
That if a teenager is failing high school, with a huge honking F - that if they're then caught by the cops after curfew, they get taken away from the family.
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:22 AM
You can place stuff - such as the make-up set - on the bathroom sink.
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:34 AM
Saw something weird that hadn't happened yet. My Adult guy sim went to the bathroom and lifted the toilet seat and stood in front and emptied his bladder. Then he put the seat down and flushed. This is the first time I've seen this.
Scholar
#213 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZippyZX3
Saw something weird that hadn't happened yet. My Adult guy sim went to the bathroom and lifted the toilet seat and stood in front and emptied his bladder. Then he put the seat down and flushed. This is the first time I've seen this.

Did you expect him to sit down?

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Test Subject
#214 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gangreless

I think they meant that a guy actually put the seat back down.
Scholar
#215 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:09 AM
haha, good point. Someone should make a mod that if there are no female sims living in the household, the male sim won't put the toilet seat down, but if there are female sims, they will.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Mad Poster
#216 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:11 AM
Pauline Wan is impossible to marry.
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:26 AM
In CAST I can drag and drop the entire design of an object (by dragging the little tab) instead of just the individual patterns and this works about 10 times faster because I don't have to accept everything. Very handy since some of the kitchen counters have the annoying habit of reverting to their original colors whenever I move them. Is it just me or did they hide certain handy functions very well? Dragging and dropping stacks of objects was also not at all obvious.
Alchemist
#218 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
That if a teenager is failing high school, with a huge honking F - that if they're then caught by the cops after curfew, they get taken away from the family.

lol omg! really!? i didnt know that could happen :D

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Scholar
#219 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:42 PM
I don't know if this counts as "while playing" because it was more of a "as a result of playing", but I was at the mall yesterday and was kind of "people watching" while I was waiting for my daughter to finish eating, and I discovered that most "real people" have <gasp> pudding faces. To make sure I wasn't off my rocker, I consulted my sim-fanatic daughter. She did the "OMG, they do!" thing and came home and confirmed it by launching Sims 3. It was kind of a traumatic discovery actually. I'm going to blame it on where I live. :D

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Instructor
#220 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stygia2002
I don't know if this counts as "while playing" because it was more of a "as a result of playing", but I was at the mall yesterday and was kind of "people watching" while I was waiting for my daughter to finish eating, and I discovered that most "real people" have <gasp> pudding faces. To make sure I wasn't off my rocker, I consulted my sim-fanatic daughter. She did the "OMG, they do!" thing and came home and confirmed it by launching Sims 3. It was kind of a traumatic discovery actually. I'm going to blame it on where I live. :D

I'd say most real people's faces more closely resemble TS3 faces than TS2 ones. Even people that are considered attractive tend not to have the thin faces, small noses, and large eyes and lips that are often given to attractive TS2 sims. Just like the ugly faces in TS2, the attractive faces are over-exagerrated. So they look really pretty to our eyes, but real faces don't look that way. Real human faces tend to have the same shape as TS3 faces, which is why TS3 faces tend to look more like the person they are modeled after even without a ton of CC yet to really put the finishing touches on them.
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gangreless

The guy sims in my games have always sat down before. I've been tweaking a lot of things in my game and may have changed something to make the guys to stand up.
Instructor
#222 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZippyZX3
The guy sims in my games have always sat down before. I've been tweaking a lot of things in my game and may have changed something to make the guys to stand up.

Just like in the Sims2 a male sim will sit down on the toilet if his bladder need is below a certain point. If it is above that certain point he will stand up to pee. It could be that your simmie had less need to pee the time he stood up.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#223 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RiBlan
She still engaged to Hank?
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:12 PM
My Sim looked through the telescope (search galaxy) and found a celestial body. It asked her to give it a name, so I named it after her baby Anya. When Anya grew into a child, I had the option under 'friendly' to 'Tell about star Anya'. She can also tell other people about the star (she has the snob trait). So far, I have a star named after everyone in my family. (:
Lab Assistant
#225 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RiBlan
But she produces very pretty children!
Page 9 of 490