Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#801 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:46 PM
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#802 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:46 PM
Ok, so what does everyone see new. Is that a ticker tape machine. Like the ones used way back for wall street. The butler seems to be serving. New hair maybe. New clothes. What painting. More guesses?
Lab Assistant
#803 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
It's a stock ticker.

Thanks! Now I'd love to know if it's just decorative or if there's more behind that!
Mad Poster
#804 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:34 PM
The shot if from Fast Lane Stuff. How do I know?
The model of the couch is exactly the same as an earlier shot. And nothing about it Late-Night-ish, except for the butler, which is basically an elder Sim in a suit (which is also from Fast Lane) walking and holding food. And Nothing in the shot really reflects the theme of Late Night. So yeah, it's been debunked, The photo is just a shot of the Classic Luxury theme.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#805 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magic cookie
Thanks! Now I'd love to know if it's just decorative or if there's more behind that!

Yeah, I'm wondering if we'll be able to invest in the stock market.
Mad Poster
#806 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nicketti
Ok, so what does everyone see new. Is that a ticker tape machine. Like the ones used way back for wall street. The butler seems to be serving. New hair maybe. New clothes. What painting. More guesses?

There isn't much new, the ticket machine, the lamp, the pillar the ticket machine is on, some outfits,maybe the couch set, and the chair near the desk, and then that glassy thing behind the guy in the white suit. The painting is base game. How I wish desert in the sims would actually be desert, now it's a complete meal.
Mad Poster
#807 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:56 PM
Default its not Late Night

Notice anything similar in these 2 shots...?

please... anyone...

Top Secret Researcher
#808 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:56 PM
Same sofa

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#809 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:57 PM
thank you
What does that mean. what game is this not...?

Theorist
#810 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 7:06 PM
I reckon they took it down because HQ said to them "you're just gonna confuse people. Replace the pic with something which makes more sense"
The pic hints at both gamesa a bit, althought the exinct ticker machine (I remember those!!) goes with with FL's 'golden oldies' type of objects.
I doubt that ticker machine is decorative anyway. I hope not, although to be honest its a bit...strange. I mean, where can you put one of those. ?? :/

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#811 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 7:15 PM
The Sims 3 just posted this on their Facebook page. Link

Is it really coming out this early?

Instructor
#812 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ..::lilith::..
The Sims 3 just posted this on their Facebook page. Link

Is it really coming out this early?

YES.

Its not as if they did not announced the release date when they announced the expansion ... Oh, wait ...
Mad Poster
#813 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dayita992
and DJ's thats all I know right now.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no DJ booths in the game most likely means no DJs, period. We aren't getting them. But you almost had me for a moment. I wish you were correct, lol.
Forum Resident
#814 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
There isn't much new, the ticket machine, the lamp, the pillar the ticket machine is on, some outfits,maybe the couch set, and the chair near the desk, and then that glassy thing behind the guy in the white suit. The painting is base game. How I wish desert in the sims would actually be desert, now it's a complete meal.

That glassy thing behind the guy in the white suit actually looks like a decanter set, though, I'm sure it's just decorative.
Scholar
#815 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 12:30 AM
Is it just me, or is this thread attracting whiny bickering rather any actual contribution to the game's whereabouts? So what if the game's not perfect, nothing in this putrid world is, that doesn't give people any excuse to waste 33 pages...
Theorist
#816 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 1:00 AM
Well it does feel like they're coming sooner than you think! I can't believe FL is out in a week! Doubt I'll be getting it at though.....

How does time fly when school drags it down so much???

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#817 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 1:10 AM
Just like the game isn't perfect, no one is perfect. People are always going to argue about something, we can't all enjoy the same things.

On a better note, late night looks really good from what i saw so far. It seems better than the last two EPs but Ambitions was pretty good. Im sure the stock ticker and the decanter are all decorative though
Lab Assistant
#818 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 3:14 AM
Quote:
First you start with simple nice drinks, but later you can make drinks that have a function with different solutions. How about a love potion?

From sims planet, translated from dutch w/ google. ^
http://www.simsplanet2.com/site/sim...acht-preview-1/

Love Potions. Me likey. I like the fact that there will be drums better than I like the piano, honestly.

Quote:
A famous athlete because everyone will be interesting. There are several races where a Sim can participate where you can win awards.

Expansion of sports career to include races? Sounds cool. Although I suspect it'll be a rabbit hole race.

Quote:
For even more stars to get you better in your career. You have several careers in order to gain fame as the new movie career. The new careers are a bit like the crafts from the expansion pack Sims3 ambitions. Also, the music career that was already there, totally renewed.

The directing/acting career is like ambitions = not a rabbit hole! Yay!

Quote:
What I find really great is the impact machine. That you can place in a bar and creates different effects. What about lasers, fog, bubbles or fire? And multiple machines can impact weather combinations.

All in all it sounds pretty cool.

Quote:
You do not necessarily have to be famous to live there, but if you have enough money.

So they are keeping the sandbox attitude and letting us move where we want.

http://www.simsplanet2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9383
Mad Poster
#819 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 3:30 AM
I like the FX machine effecting weather. Could really into the ecting career. If I see a video camera object and a scene, I'll be sold. But, I really do wonder about the new Athlete and Rockstar expansion. What they'll be doing and such.

Theorist
#820 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 3:32 AM
Well music is pretty obvious, they'll probably have to go play some gigs, as for sports.... I have no clue

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
Original Poster
#821 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 4:56 AM

Look! the Butler!
Mad Poster
#822 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
Is it just me, or is this thread attracting whiny bickering rather any actual contribution to the game's whereabouts? So what if the game's not perfect, nothing in this putrid world is, that doesn't give people any excuse to waste 33 pages...

On the other hand, thirty-three pages full of ass-kissing isn't all that flattering either. In other words, people have just as much of the right to bitch and moan as they do to kiss up. Complaints have actually helped with the game in the past. What does kissing up do?

When I purchase a product from a store, I expect the best customer service as possible after shelling out the money for the item. This, in turn, allows the store to thrive and have returning customers. When you kiss up, the store will never know what is wrong with it, in the case of any flaws and what have you. I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone in this; though, it's perfectly fine for anyone to disagree since it's their money, not mine.

Unfortunately, we do not have another option when it comes to Sims. It's either as is or nothing. And let's face it, the game is still more fun as is then without its existence, despite the fact that I have been tempted to give up on Sims several times. EA knows this, so they can do whatever they like because they will win in the end. It's our own fault for buying the game.
Scholar
#823 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 6:28 AM Last edited by suzetter : 27th Aug 2010 at 7:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Obviously not in the way you expect it. No developer studio makes plans in such a way, though.

I don't know where you get your misinformation but the fact is they do plan in detail. There were corporate guidelines in place before TS3 development began. EA is a publically traded global gaming company and not a game theory student creating a game at home. Get real. They not only plan in detail while developing the game play but the information is distributed internally for non-play considerations such as marketing, legal issues, and costs--these factors are all analyzed while the product is being developed --not after the fact. And there's more thought given along planning lines when it is an update of an already established game. The bar has been set regarding sales and profit and they need to raise it to keep investors.

I think you're missing the point of what they gave us in the base game and WA. The effort it takes to make the eat interactions for the restaurants or the buy interactions for the food registers is just miniscule. That is in no way comparable to the effort it takes to make a fully-fledged restaurant like you want it.

So you feel it is too bothersome for EA to give us as much effort as they have in the past? Seems like the "point" ship sailed without you...

Because these things are by-products that can be easily implemented using general-purpose stuff.

Would those be meat by-products?

Err, you would have liked the base game better if it were without any careers?

You don't need a shell RH to have a career. You do know that, right?

You are asking for more content. Content is expensive; it is THE dominating factor in the delevopment costs of a modern game. You might not like the existing content, but TS3 and its expansions are not low on content. So, what would you relinquish e.g. for a full-fledged restaurant? Gardening?

No, I wasn't. I was commenting on how bloated the game was with repetition and useless content. Shoot, there goes that boat again…

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Theorist
#824 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 9:59 AM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 27th Aug 2010 at 10:15 AM.
Late Night sounds interesting to me for the apartments. But what does that mean? Will we get a new tool to zone the apartment areas, or are these apartments modules?

MTS should have a search this topic function.

Edit:
Nevermind, I clicked through the pages and did ctrl + f to find 'apartment.' They need to release more information on the subject. The thought of building our own apartment on a lot and moving in up to 8 sims ( like TS2 AL ) evokes joy. But this would need a landlord, a new tool, and new objects. The promo's for Late Night aren't hyping these things. Until more info spills out, it feels uncomfortably bleak for apartments.
Instructor
#825 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 11:51 AM
I can read Dutch, and Google translated the statement about the Director/Acting career being an Ambitions career wrong. The actual Dutch used in the article is very ambiguous there and while the Director/Acting career is mentioned, the "Ambitions" career type is mentioned totally separate from it. What I'm trying to say is that this article doesn't give conclusive evidence as to whether the Director/Acting career will be open or a rabbithole as the writer used some pretty ambiguous and confusing sentences there (Maybe we could just ask him or her?).

This space intentionally left blank...
Page 33 of 35