Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#1851 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 5:59 AM

Presented without comment.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1852 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
I'll put this in spoilers, for those who keep up with my legacy blog and haven't read the latest chapter yet.

AH FUCK. I thought I'd read the last chapter and opened the spoiler.

Forum Resident
#1853 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
I'll put this in spoilers, for those who keep up with my legacy blog and haven't read the latest chapter yet.

"Out of respect for Gator's deceased wife, I did not take the tactless woman outside and drag her hunger bar all the way down. But I wanted to."

I would have... Several times.. Cause Amth was a classy sim. And for some random bimbo to disrespect her at her own funeral. That is when having Dexter the Bear comes in real handy.. Just saying..
Scholar
#1854 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
AH FUCK. I thought I'd read the last chapter and opened the spoiler.

Me too, but I knew it was coming, at some point...

It was stupid though, I went on my blogger before I came here, and saw that there was a new chapter and opened it in a tab to read after I'd been here and checked my email. So I knew I hadn't read it, but spoiled it for myself anyway...

I'm just so clever sometimes...

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Lab Assistant
#1855 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 2:25 AM
Only cool moms can palm their little bundles of joy...
Screenshots

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Scholar
#1856 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 10:56 AM
Okay, so I've been having some strange behaviour from my sims on Spooky Day, specifically that they stomp on all the nice jack-o-lanterns they carved and then constantly kick/stand up an aging Mysterious Mr Gnome. Literally, if I click-cancelled their action, they'd queue it again, without fail.

Whatever, I figured, I stuck the gnome into the family inventory with some others I hadn't placed yet, got the neat sim to clean up and bundled them off to the festival for the day. Then I put all the gnomes (about 6 all up) and some other jack-o-lanterns (around 5) down after they left and when the sims got back, I kept an eye on them. Everything appeared normal, they had something to eat and sat down to watch TV/read/computer, so I put it down to just one of those random weird things that happens and shifted my focus over to another part of town for a couple of minutes.

Lo and behold I switch back and the front yard looks like a bomb site, with squashed pumpkins and gnomes laid out flat all over the !@#$ing place. I can't see the culprits at first, so I go up a few levels and there everyone is in the hot tub, at which point one of them says something and the others all crack up laughing.

Sometimes I think the AI only *plays* dumb with us.
Lab Assistant
#1857 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Okay, so I've been having some strange behaviour from my sims on Spooky Day, specifically that they stomp on all the nice jack-o-lanterns they carved and then constantly kick/stand up an aging Mysterious Mr Gnome. Literally, if I click-cancelled their action, they'd queue it again, without fail.

Whatever, I figured, I stuck the gnome into the family inventory with some others I hadn't placed yet, got the neat sim to clean up and bundled them off to the festival for the day. Then I put all the gnomes (about 6 all up) and some other jack-o-lanterns (around 5) down after they left and when the sims got back, I kept an eye on them. Everything appeared normal, they had something to eat and sat down to watch TV/read/computer, so I put it down to just one of those random weird things that happens and shifted my focus over to another part of town for a couple of minutes.

Lo and behold I switch back and the front yard looks like a bomb site, with squashed pumpkins and gnomes laid out flat all over the !@#$ing place. I can't see the culprits at first, so I go up a few levels and there everyone is in the hot tub, at which point one of them says something and the others all crack up laughing.

Sometimes I think the AI only *plays* dumb with us.

Well,all of a sudden, I have more sims wailing & mourning at the tombstones by the Spooky Shack than actually going in.It was the other way around across several worlds,now the wailing is only happening in Sunset Valley.

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Forum Resident
#1858 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 7:30 PM
I started a free for all sim house. Basically, I did up some random sims in CAS. One vampire in this case male. A ghost Female, A fairy female, and a human female. Then let them loose in a random world with beds and whatever came with the house. I do this every once in a while to watch a train wreck. Most die with in the first few hours of something incredibly stupid.. Like burning the house down when trying to make the salad...

In this case it was Sunset Valley..

I didn't realize the random house I selected for the four vic- err four sacra- umm four sims was close to to the Bunch household.

Guess, who shows up to flirt with the male suc- I mean male sim.. He is a vampire

That is right.. Almost set your clock by this bimbo.. Judy Bunch is there hitting on the Vampire. Seriously does this sim not have enough to do with the kids of her own? That she has to go and try to have an affair with every one my male sims that I have ever played in that town.. Really!?

Well, any ways the vampire is not all that bright..Well maybe a little too bright as he is standing out in the sun and smoking.

The genius of this sim is mind blowing.. As I let the other three sims work out where and how they are going to live in a 2 bedroom house with three beds. This clown goes out into the mid day sun to pull weeds. And no he is does not have the green thumb. Between Judy Bunch not wanting to leave and alternately hitting and watching the same smoking vampire pull weeds. The comedy just does not stop.

The ghost who hates the out doors complaining that she is outside.. Go through the freaking walls, dear. That is what you can do after all to stop being outside.. The fairy flitting around getting in the other females sims face over something stupid. I do not know what as they were arguing over. It didn't seem to be the lack of beds, but standing in a empty living room.. Maybe arguing over what kind fool of a sim god that would do this to poor innocent sims.

Did I mention Judy hitting on the vampire that is already smoking in the noon day sun and asking to be turned already..

The vampire tried to get it on with her.. REALLY!? She is married numnutz and you have the Proper trait. You are living with three other female sims. And you are going to woo hoo with Judy Bunch.. Seriously!?

Well, that didn't last. As they were about to pop into the shower. To get it on. The fairy sim shows up to shoo him out of the bathroom. Only to stand there and talk to herself. (she and the vampire have the insane trait.. I guess that explains a lot.)Then turns around and hits on the vampire. Who would have gone for it.. But then he decides pulling weeds in the mid day sun is a lot better. Getting hit on by Judy at the same time is the way a winning vampire should be....

I saved the game on the off chance that something else liike burning half the town down happens... :p
Instructor
#1859 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 10:20 PM Last edited by McChoclatey : 1st Jan 2013 at 1:45 AM.

Gerald's looking kinda loony here if you ask me...wait, did I mention he has the insane trait?

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Field Researcher
#1860 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 10:23 PM
Last time when i was playing my sim had some visit from the neighbours. Well, i also had the hypnotizer. So the guests were hypnotizing each other. Seems to be fun or so. Anyway, i gave my sim the order to wake up the hypnotized one. And yet what happens? My sim decides to walk into the wall. Luckily i've made a save before this happened, but at that moment i could indeed scream "what are you doing".
Top Secret Researcher
#1861 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 11:08 PM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 31st Dec 2012 at 11:28 PM.
If we're on baffling and creepy facial expressions at the moment, I've got one here:

Since Sprog Scumthorpe can finally make use of Dexter the Bear now that he's reached his teenage years, I decided to have him pay a visit to one of the crappy game-generated households that spring up like weeds from time to time thanks to EA's Story Progression for the sole purpose of murdering everyone inside in order to keep the local pudding population down. Pest control, basically. Just standard procedure for Sprog, nothing at all out of the ordinary...

...Until he reached their doorbell, at which point he autonomously stripped down to his underpants, barged into the house with a gun and made this face:

HELLO

And so 2012 came to an end with every sim in that household getting shot in the face or beaten to death with a claw hammer, a deeply disturbed young man wandering home mostly naked for no apparent reason and the first great teenage Sprog moment occurring.

Happy new year, everyone! :D
Scholar
#1862 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 12:33 AM
Mingham, is it time for an avatar change?

Happy new year. May your games bring you many more hilariously idiotic moments.

Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Scholar
#1863 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 12:43 AM
And, once again, Mingham's avatar perfectly fits the post XD

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
One Minute Ninja'd
#1864 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 12:52 AM
While nothing can equal the Scumthorpe saga (Go Teen Sprog!), I did run into an odd one. I received a notice that Bonehilda "has reached elder status. Enjoy the glow of your retirement, surrounded by family, because you never know when your time is up". Now, how the hell can a skeleton die? And since when is she basking in retirement, she's too busy making the beds, raking the leaves, and training the neighborhood dogs. And what happens if Grimy does show up one day for Bonehilda? Do I have to spend another $3999 on a new coffin?
Forum Resident
#1865 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 3:30 AM
MinghamSmith, I am sure that if the game would allow it and had the animations for it.. Sprog, would have strapped a cheese sandwich to his forehead and poured koolaid down his under pants.

Because after all when you are about to commit mass murder. You might just as well go for the most bizarre way to enact mayhem... And nothing says that more than a sociopath on the loose in your house with a claw hammer.
Top Secret Researcher
#1866 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 2:57 AM
Anyone want to see the effects of a new bug I found?

When asked to Woohoo, the sim immediately gets that look on his/her face and freezes. Except for the arms. They're always pointed at their partner.

Not just one sim, either.

On a happier note:

Screenshots
One Minute Ninja'd
#1867 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
On a happier note:

That's a happier note??? What the hell is that???
Top Secret Researcher
#1868 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
That's a happier note??? What the hell is that???

A pair of idiots put a toddler and an infant in the same crib at the same time.
Scholar
#1869 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 11:01 AM
I've had that weird 'my arms have magnets and my child has the others' glitch before, but never the 'sleep in here with your sibling' one

I can see how it's happier, bonding at an early age, but still, LOLLLL

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#1870 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 11:55 AM Last edited by Grijze Pilion : 1st Jul 2015 at 8:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
And so 2012 came to an end with every sim in that household getting shot in the face or beaten to death with a claw hammer, a deeply disturbed young man wandering home mostly naked for no apparent reason and the first great teenage Sprog moment occurring.

Happy new year, everyone! :D

WTF did I just read?!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#1871 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
WTF did i just read?
Read a few more of his Scumthorpe posts. You ain't seen nothing yet. WARNING: Don't be drinking milk when you do, it WILL come flying out your nose.
Top Secret Researcher
#1872 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 1:05 PM
FYI: they first start to appear on page 42 of this thread. There's a massive back catalogue of posts about them, so it may take quite a while to get through. But then again, the save they appear in is almost a year old, dating back to the 27th of January, 2012 if I remember correctly. It was probably kind of inevitable that there'd be a vast amount of Scumthorpe material by now.
Forum Resident
#1873 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 2:24 PM
the biggest WTF!? moment that i've seen so far is when i had a tunnel connecting my sims home lot to the junkyard and all he did for about an hour(real time) was go back and forth through the tunnel naked
Instructor
#1874 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 12:36 AM
FYI: they first start to appear on page 42 of this thread. There's a massive back catalogue of posts about them, so it may take quite a while to get through. But then again, the save they appear in is almost a year old, dating back to the 27th of January, 2012 if I remember correctly. It was probably kind of inevitable that there'd be a vast amount of Scumthorpe material by now.

One of these days we're going to have to consolidate all those posts into one thread of it's own. Half the reason I read this one is in hopes of hearing more about the Scrumthrope family and their disfunction.
Top Secret Researcher
#1875 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 3:50 AM
It was probably kind of inevitable that there'd be a vast amount of Scumthorpe material by now.

Inevitable. Yes, that's a good word for what I enjoy about the Scumthorpes. Concepts like "relentless" and "nameless dread" might also be applicable. Really, MinghamSmith has done for our literature what Charles Addams and Edward Gorey have done for that of the humans. (I hesitate to compare with Poe. Poe stories have a certain pacing that's important to their terror, whereas once the Scumthorpes are set in motion, everything goes to hell in a bucket in less time than it would take my Sim to brush her teeth.)
Page 75 of 321