Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#1876 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by owl_face
This has only happened to me once. My sim was getting married, and she invited her fiance to the wedding party since they didn't live together. The wedding started at 7:00PM, but everyone, save her fiance (Christopher Steel), showed up at 6:00 PM--even some party crashers. Her dumbass husband didn't show up until 10:00PM. I was aggravated both by the early birds and by Chris. >:c

OH MY GAWD YOU MARRIED HIM TOO :-D isn't he just great?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1877 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
One of these days we're going to have to consolidate all those posts into one thread of it's own. Half the reason I read this one is in hopes of hearing more about the Scrumthrope family and their disfunction.

Lol seriously. The Scrumthropes are pretty much the biggest reason I frequently visit this thread XD
One Minute Ninja'd
#1878 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katody

Oh Gawd, Christopher Steele is a polygamist too??
Scholar
#1879 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katody

Haha, I used him in my legacy as a deadbeat dad (not for my family line though) and then he crashed a party I had and made for some interesting material and plot lines haha. I don't like him. It's the sandals. I did change his outfit, but he changed it back himself the next day so I decided I hate him.

Anyway, I was playing my legacy today, one of my rolls is idle careers (for those who don't know, it means you cans accept any job-related opportunities or gain any skills needed for your job) and I got a notifications saying "If Jackson doesn't improve his attitude at work, he'll face disaplinary action" or something along those lines. I was like oh no!

So a simhour later, I get another notification saying "Jacksons boss dropped a stack of papers, and Jackson helped him pick them up and arrange them in record time. He has been promoted!" or something along those lines.

:/ Ok then...

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Lab Assistant
#1880 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 10:35 PM
The whole scenario as follows seems to be a typical sim moment for me:

I've been playing Don Lothario in Riverview since getting Seasons. He gets a call from Norman Joy inviting him to a costume party. Considering Don's been a shut-in since the birth of his alien son, Asimov, I figure I'll let him go. There is, however, a catch. Asimov is still a toddler and while he's already best friends with his babysitter, I really don't want to hire one for a party. So I send Don and Asimov off to the party together.

Did a mention that Norman also invited Don to a pool party the day that Asimov was born? I should, because upon arriving I discovered the Joy's don't have a pool. So probably didn't miss much. The main feature of the costume party, when Don arrives, quickly turns out to be route failure and tantruming towards the lot's one toilet. There also isn't any food. So I have Don stick around for an hour to chat, then have him pick up his son and leave. Upon doing so, a little notification pops up. It's Norman, thanking Asimov for coming to his party.

I love this game.
Alchemist
#1881 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
That's a happier note??? What the hell is that???

Whelp... I know it ain't B flat. Hum.
Field Researcher
#1882 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:09 PM

This npc sim has the seasons in him...the seasons spin through a doorway bug.
He was walking towards the bookcase at full speed and seemed to spin out of control
and he ended up in this mess. That has got to hurt but, he took it like a trooper
and backed out like a large truck on street too small.
Scholar
#1883 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:11 PM
My sims keep standing inside things too! They also get out the shower and somehow end up outside, hovering, as the house is on foundations, and then walk all the way around the house and back in the front door... It only started a couple of weeks ago and I have no idea what's causing it...

Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Lab Assistant
#1884 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:23 PM
For walking on invisible floors, have you by any chance used moveobjects on to move your sims? I have done so in the past, and learned it can cause sims to do weird things like fall through foundations. They are fine if you reset them though.
Scholar
#1885 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amp_RNA
For walking on invisible floors, have you by any chance used moveobjects on to move your sims? I have done so in the past, and learned it can cause sims to do weird things like fall through foundations. They are fine if you reset them though.

Not in this savefile, no. A different family in a different town, I did, months ago, when I was testing some poses I'd just downloaded. They don't do it every time, so it's not that annoying, but I might try reset sim anyway, I hadn't thought of that for some reason...

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Field Researcher
#1886 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 6:25 PM
This literally just now happened. My Sim Samantha was cooking and right as she put the pot on the stove, she got the notification that she had to attend her graduation. So of course she abandons her post to attend graduation (as does everyone else in the household) and of course the kitchen goes up in flames. Thankfully I had a fire alarm installed.

I was hoping that Sam would become valedictorian (I paused my game and graduation is still going on) but after this little stunt I don't think she deserves it.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Mad Poster
#1887 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 6:34 PM

Oh Jesus Christ his leg merged with his dick!

I don't even. What. No. NIPPLES DON'T WORK LIKE THAT. WHY ARE THERE NIPPLES ON THIS NIPPLELESS SKIN. WHY?
Forum Resident
#1888 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 1:47 AM
Thank you, Bl00died. That first picture cannot be unseen, and now I have been traumatized. My life will never be the same.

If that thing shows up in my nightmares tonight, I'll make sure I write you a nice letter from my comfy padded asylum cell.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Mad Poster
#1889 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 2:18 AM
Hey missla.

Imagine what that shit looks like when he gets aroused.
Forum Resident
#1890 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 3:06 AM
Dear BL00DIEDHELL,

How are you? I hope you're doing well. It's actually not so bad in here. The padding in my cell is comfy. I'm not allowed to move my arms - something about me screaming, "NO NO NO HE'S AROUSED" and swinging my fists like a maniac - but at least they feed me lots of oatmeal. I do love banana oatmeal.

The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Mad Poster
#1891 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 3:34 AM
*Giggles wickedly away*

I'll come visit you! :P
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#1892 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
*Giggles wickedly away*

I'll come visit you! :P
Bring crayons. they don't allow sharp objects.
Mad Poster
#1893 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 3:44 AM
Thanks for the suggestion! :P

Although now I think about it, considering the above comments maybe me visiting would be the worst thing for poor misslaheela...!
Forum Resident
#1894 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 4:01 AM
They say I can have visitors from 12:00pm to 5:00pm, but my door has to be kept open at all times.

Don't you be stealing my banana oatmeal. I promise you, if you take my banana NO NO NO NO HE'S AROUSED oatmeal, there will be war.

Test Subject
#1895 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 7:31 AM
I have a few.

For example, when evil or mean-spirited Sims decide to scare another Sim, that Sim will actually drop what they're doing and wait for the other Sim to scare them. It's not like, Evil Sim can't autonomously scare another Sim if that Sim is engaged in something. No. That Sim has no choice but to just stand there until Evil Sim sneaks over from the other side of the damn house.

Some of the "juicy gossip" in Al Simhara is that Ahmed Diab was seen flirting with Zahra Diab! Um, dude, they're married. I think they're entitled to the occasional flirt.

Finally, I was just working on that MorcuCorp adventure when Uum Moussa tells me, "Report to my lackey Nabila Moussa. I don't fully trust this person, but one cannot choose their employees."

Um, Uum, that "lackey" is your daughter!

I'm also loving the Scumthorpe stories. The guy who created that family is a great storyteller, and takes great pictures.
Inventor
#1896 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 7:53 AM
I always thought that when you were cold, you should go inside and warm up. Little did I know how wrong I really was. According to this Sim, when you're cold you should put on your bathing suit, pick up your toddler, and go stand outside in the snow.

Also I have NO IDEA why the toddler's hair is the way it is. His normal hair (the same for every outfit) is bald. This is NOT the first time something like this has happened in my game.

I also have no idea what happened to the toddler's arm.
Screenshots
Scholar
#1897 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 12:28 PM
If the game has to generate outerwear, it sometimes alters the hairstyle as well, even if the lock is on. Quite a few of the inactives in my town figured the most appropriate thing for winter was to get a buzzcut or go completely bald.

Anyway, I've got one more for the quality parenting bin.

I don't think the social worker, or the town in general, would approve of gorilla-pressing a 2-day old infant.
Scholar
#1898 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Anyway, I've got one more for the quality parenting bin.

I don't think the social worker, or the town in general, would approve of gorilla-pressing a 2-day old infant.

AHAHAHAAAAA Looks like she's about to slam-dunk the baby into an invisble basket!

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#1899 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleRachael
Some of the "juicy gossip" in Al Simhara is that Ahmed Diab was seen flirting with Zahra Diab! Um, dude, they're married. I think they're entitled to the occasional flirt.

I keep seeing that "gossip" with my active couple and other married couples related to my active couple. "Carrie Brooks was seen flirting with David Brooks" I would hope so, they're married, and "Anna Brooks was seen flirting with Jason Brooks" again I would hope so. (Anna is Carrie's older sister.)
Top Secret Researcher
#1900 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 6:06 PM

Help! The babies are suffocating me! Urk!
Screenshots
Page 76 of 321