Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#16526 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:18 PM
Some screenshots from Honeywell's site.
http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.co...images-from-the
Advertisement
Scholar
#16527 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Some screenshots from Honeywell's site.
http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.co...images-from-the

Argh. Can anyone explain to me why tumblr doesn't give a date/time for its posts? I feel like I've seen all those before, but it might be deja vu.
Sockpuppet
#16528 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:22 PM
I think they like to release screenshots with a car on the road just to mock us
Scholar
#16529 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:25 PM
Look at the faces of the figures in the foreground. Are those supposed to be children or short adults?

They look like tiny undercover CIA agents with those expressions.
Alchemist
#16530 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Argh. Can anyone explain to me why tumblr doesn't give a date/time for its posts? I feel like I've seen all those before, but it might be deja vu.

She said it was a mix of new and old on the video they were taken from.
Field Researcher
#16531 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:39 PM

It should if you hover:
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#16532 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:41 PM
I'm kind of disappointed how soft female faces are. I tried to make an Angelina sim to see how sculpted and angular you can make a face, and it still looks really soft even when maxed out. Also, it's really difficult to make angular eyes. I wonder if the Adult sims will have less soft faces... But looking at how children are miniature adults, and teens are un-distinguishable from YAs and grandpas are totally rocking the hipster look... I'm not too hopeful. :/
Scholar
#16533 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:48 PM
http://www.gamefront.com/false-adve...nd-your-wallet/

False Advertising in Video Games – Aliens, SimCity and Your Wallet

Lengthy article, be sure to read through to page 2.

Quote:
Are we mad the system is broken because we broke it? It’s like a five-year-old coming into my living room, hitting my Xbox with a hammer, and then crying he can’t play Halo. We keep throwing our pre-orders and purchases to companies shelling out garbage year after year, and now, in the ultimate act of brainlessness, we are paying to play beta versions! We are begging to be taken advantage of at this point.
Instructor
#16534 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
I'm kind of disappointed how soft female faces are. I tried to make an Angelina sim to see how sculpted and angular you can make a face, and it still looks really soft even when maxed out. Also, it's really difficult to make angular eyes. I wonder if the Adult sims will have less soft faces... But looking at how children are miniature adults, and teens are un-distinguishable from YAs and grandpas are totally rocking the hipster look... I'm not too hopeful. :/

It's quite tricky but I managed to create a sort of long-angular face. There are two anchors around the jaw line. One is just above the jaw line and one slightly below/behind it. I decreased both as much as I could then with the anchor that's situation slightly below/behind I increased it. To increase the length you drag down and you can select the whole head to manipulate the entire size of it.
Mad Poster
#16535 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Yeah, those hearts rising from the bed look more like the bed is emitting vapours. (But maybe this impression I have is only because today I learned the expression "Dutch oven")

First I thought you were planning on making a stew - then I checked Urban Dictionary...now I can't stop laughing.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#16536 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:55 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 14th Aug 2014 at 7:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
First I thought you were planning on making a stew - then I checked Urban Dictionary...now I can't stop laughing.
Yeah, I know . Gargoyle Cat will be glad to see that I'm back to my usual self, talking about boobs and farts.

Edit: I found it on wikipedia, btw. So it's sort of classy, I guess.
Lab Assistant
#16537 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 6:56 PM
http://www.gamefront.com/false-adve...nd-your-wallet/

False Advertising in Video Games – Aliens, SimCity and Your Wallet

Lengthy article, be sure to read through to page 2.

Thank you for posting this article. I've never seen it before and there is lots of really good information.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16538 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:16 PM
Look at the faces of the figures in the foreground. Are those supposed to be children or short adults?

I agree completely. That's more or less exactly what I thought when I first saw a child in a render.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#16539 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:23 PM

Whatever they are, they sure don't look very impressed.
Theorist
#16540 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nina333
I don't know if this short video from Beyondsims has been posted yet, but I'll leave the link here anyways:

The Sims 4: Sims WooHoo | Exclusive Footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0B3x9LdjvM

....~~yawn~~... what the heck was that? TS2 had the best with cutscenes... TS3 was tepid but this one... BORING

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#16541 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
....~~yawn~~... what the heck was that? TS2 had the best with cutscenes... TS3 was tepid but this one... BORING

I've said before that my final decision on the game was going to rest on how they handled romantic relationships and family. Le sish.
Test Subject
#16542 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre

I remember in TS 2 & 3 before they would woohoo, I'd be like OHHHHH THEY'RE GONNA DO IT!!! Now in TS4 it's like "that's it?"
Theorist
#16543 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'd find sticking a blanket over the kid far more annoying than a blur personally, cos I find the blanket covering annoying in general. But I'm one of those crazy TITS OUT, LET'S FEED THIS KID mums, living in the most relaxed place on earth.

I grew up with aunts and cousins just flipping the tit and feeding the baby so this is so natural for me, I don't ever bat an eye when I see it. I did however get surprised when I was at a MacDonalds one day and a 4 or 5 year old boy eating a meal with his mum, got out of his chair to walk over to her across the table, push her shirt up and started drinking. That made me a bit uncomfortable. I'm used to babies and toddlers not 5 year olds although I'm sure a few people would say this is totally acceptable.

On another occasion, a co-worker and I went to a meeting at corporate headquarters, she couldn't get a babysitter so she brought her 6 month old with her to the meeting. When she breastfed her in the meeting, she put a shawl over her, flipped the tip and carried on. Surprised me a bit but hey... there you have it.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#16544 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:35 PM
I should get some work done, but I made this for you guys:

Alchemist
#16545 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:41 PM
Cowplantage info. Kinda split up on Twitter for whatever reason, so enjoyyy.

Azure Bowie-Hankins ‏@SimGuruAzure 13m

@SimGuruGraham @Henri302 the milk you get from the Cowplant has the power to give the emotion to the Sim who drinks the milk!
Details

Azure Bowie-Hankins ‏@SimGuruAzure 12m

@SimGuruGraham @Henri302 It's a great way to steal emotions! When I'm working a career and I want my Sim to go to work in a specific mood...
Details
Azure Bowie-Hankins ‏@SimGuruAzure 11m

@SimGuruGraham @Henri302 ...the cowplant is very helpful. BUT your Sim will be in danger of dying if you have them get eaten repeatedly...
Details

Azure Bowie-Hankins ‏@SimGuruAzure 10m

@SimGuruGraham @Henri302 ...by the cowplant within a short period of time.
Forum Resident
#16546 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:43 PM
The woohoo looks almost the exact same from TS2 and TS3. Woohoo never has foreplay or any hugging/kissing before. If you want them to make out before or anything, you've got to be the one to direct that shrug. There is always sex position mods.
Theorist
#16547 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:46 PM
Sims Community posted an article: The Sims 4 Preview: Children, Teens & Parents!. It's a simple this is what happened type of article which I like. The social groups that form sound awkward or perhaps buggy? And it looks like no consideration was given towards family members in regards to emotions -- which is a huge loss, IMO.
Scholar
#16548 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Sims Community posted an article: The Sims 4 Preview: Children, Teens & Parents!. It's a simple this is what happened type of article which I like. The social groups that form sound awkward or perhaps buggy? And it looks like no consideration was given towards family members in regards to emotions -- which is a huge loss, IMO.

Huh, so Uncomfortable is not only for motive danger. The father listening to the plunking on the piano - doesn't sound like it would drain motives, unless it was Bladder and the noise is the Brown Note.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Field Researcher
#16549 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 7:55 PM

Yes. Yes this is the face of someone who's just been shunned by her loved ones. A++ emotional realism, EAxis.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16550 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:00 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 14th Aug 2014 at 9:03 PM.
Not sure if this is new info, but in sorting through files, I found some interesting things for... events? Thingies wot can happen? Not sure, but there's event outcomes (tin/bronze/silver/gold) and then things that say stuff like "CollectionComplete_Crystals" and there's not just crystals, but aliens, fossils, elements, gardening, frogs, microscope, metals, postcards, MySims (?), telescope and space rocks.

ETA: Also references to twins, and triplets.

ETA: References to the removed woohoo skill as well.

ETA: Maybe the stuff that pushes sims to be out and about in the neighborhood? Ummm, there's "walker_Job_GardenDistrict_FamilyTime" and then that last section changes with options for: SchoolCommuter, OnTheTown, Park_PlayTime, Park_Relaxer, Park_Jogger, Park_AfterDark, and WorkCommuter. Also "job_Guest_CostumeParty" and "job_Guest_BlackAndWhiteParty" (?) and stuff like that... job_voodoo_summoned (?), job_barfly_lounge, walker_job_WalkOfShame? All kinds of stuff, so I'm thinking sims are grabbed and stuffed into these roles cos there's a ton of them. Apparently there's caterers and bartenders for parties, too? (job_caterer_dinner_party)... "situationjob_leave_now_must_run" (lolwut?), "walker_Job_Relationhip_Windenbourg" (uhhhhh?)... "job_mentor_library_museum" (mentors?)... "job_Smuggler" and "job_PossibleSmuggler"?

ETA: Familial relationships: son/daughter, grandchild, grandparent, parent, aunt/uncle, stepsibling, cousin, niece/nephew, husband/wife,

There's like, Secret Agent stuff as well... "KnownSuperVillain and "ExposedAsSuperVillain", "PartnersInCrime" and "ArchEnemy"

ETA: "friendship-bff_BromanticPartner"

"relbit_SocialContext_Awkwardness_VeryAwkward" - hey, there's not supposed to be references to me in these files...

ETA: Loooooooads of achievements. Also "CareerSituation" stuff which seem to be chance cards.

Also traits, many of which are not CAS chooseable, like EpicPoet, LivingVicariously, PaMatriarch, MentallyGifted, SociallyGifted, PhysicallyGifted, CreativelyGifted, ValuedCustomer, Invested, Piper, Chronicler, WebMaster, etc...

ETA: Name localization by region, and random name lists (this'll probably be moddable)

ETA: Found a bunch of stuff relating to the censor blur, it almost looks like it's just easily tunable rather than effects-based. Found lighting stuff as well, should also be very moddable if these values actually change things in-game...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread
Page 662 of 920