Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATED 3-5-18] Simulation Lag Fix updated for 1.40

by duderocks Posted 10th Aug 2017 at 11:19 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2018 at 9:15 AM by duderocks : updated for 1.40

329 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 114 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 14
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 10:19 PM
Sadly EA's new update didn't fix the ultraspeed from my end
Instructor
Original Poster
#152 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 1:59 PM
UPDATE 11/9: Updated for 1.36/Cats and Dogs patch
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
UPDATE 11/9: Updated for 1.36/Cats and Dogs patch

thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#154 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 4:05 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 9:10 PM
i'm seeing no significant change. any moments during gameplay that have improved for anybody else i should play closer attention to?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:11 PM
which one is for Cats and Dogs? 1.8 or 1.9?
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
I'm gonna wait on patching for now, but thanks for updating this! (Also, I hope they did indeed fix that issue with the clock rolling back from x3 to x1 speed...that's so annoying! )

They sorta did. I haven't tested against San Myshuno, but in other locations the game plays fine when switching out of ultra, for the most part. I've caught a few roll back moments, but instead of it being hours, it's only been a few minutes, which I'm okay with since it's barely noticeable unless you actually watch the clock intently during regular play. However, testing was done in a dummy save since I wasn't sure what all would be broken and didn't feel like screwing my pre-patch saves, but with at least Command Center nearly running 100% again (still a few bugs even with 3.9.5, but core functions all seem to be working as they should) I may return to my older saves.
Test Subject
#158 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 4:57 AM
Hey, apparently this mod is breaking the vampire skills that stop the needs from decreasing.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 7:19 PM
Got a curious question. So when the November update dropped, you mentioned something about leaving the package file in your mods folder was fine, just remove the ts4script. I'm curious as to what both files do. Is the package file mostly for addressing the long delays between actions while the ts4script is more for smoothing out the time issues?
Test Subject
#160 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:43 PM
The time still skips using ultra while sleeping(so EA basically didn't do much at all). I'm not sure if the game ever goes out of sync which was a problem that happened quite a bit earlier. It requires quite a few hours in a game before you even notice it tho. I installed MC command center and I'm getting quite a few exceptions related dogs at the vet clinic. Not sure if MCCC is the culprit or just a buggy expansion release.
Test Subject
#161 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 10:31 PM
When using the latest MCCC (as of now 3.9.6) you get at *lot* of exceptions thrown at you when running the vet clinic. I wasn't sure what the problem mod was until I saw this part: File "clayifiedsims_simulationfix.py" so clearly mccc is having issues with the mod or the mod is having issues with the expansion? I've put the error on pastebin: https://pastebin.com/K6yaYe4R . The log fills up with those errors a LOT. Usually just having the vet clinic open creates several of them every few minutes.
Top Secret Researcher
#162 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 1:10 AM
I don't remember what I was doing in game, but a last exception error was thrown and mentioned your mod. So I thought I'd post it here in case it helps. I have the latest version for 1.36 and all my mods are up to date.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  lastException.zip (1.3 KB, 28 downloads)
Instructor
Original Poster
#163 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
I don't remember what I was doing in game, but a last exception error was thrown and mentioned your mod. So I thought I'd post it here in case it helps. I have the latest version for 1.36 and all my mods are up to date.

Hi, looks like this is due to the Custom Drink Interactions mod (there's a line mentioning 'sims4.tuning.instances.ohmysims:si_VenueFridge_BuyDrinkAutonomously' on the top part). Maybe that mod's not on the latest version yet on your game.
Top Secret Researcher
#164 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
Hi, looks like this is due to the Custom Drink Interactions mod (there's a line mentioning 'sims4.tuning.instances.ohmysims:si_VenueFridge_BuyDrinkAutonomously' on the top part). Maybe that mod's not on the latest version yet on your game.

Hmm maybe it's a specific recipe because that mod is supposed to be up to date. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 10:03 PM
Does this need updating as of the 15th Nov. Patch, or am I good to go?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#166 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 11:52 PM
Love it thanks.
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 4:25 PM
Yeah... I was all set to update my mods and then we got a patch yesterday!

Is this working?
Test Subject
#168 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:32 PM
I -think- it's broken. I'm having a lot of simulation lag over on my side, but then again it could be another mod. Has anyone else felt like there's an issue with their game as well?

- "When people say you've changed it's because you stopped living your life their way"
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:22 PM
yes, and i've tried it without other mods. but maybe it's my game.
Test Subject
#170 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:58 PM
Hello again. The game update didn't fix anything for me as well. I'll test out the newest version of the fix and report the results.
Test Subject
#171 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:21 PM
On my game, can't see no difference with or without this mod (mod version 1.9).
Delays between interactions, latency time here and there, sims doing nothing during few moments...
It seems the mod doesn't bring no amelioration. But I'm maybe wrong.

Anyway, thank you for your work on this mod.

PS. My game version is 1.34.
No error message (no Last exception txt) from MC Command Center about this mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#172 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ptb521
On my game, can't see no difference with or without this mod (mod version 1.9).
Delays between interactions, latency time here and there, sims doing nothing during few moments...
It seems the mod doesn't bring no amelioration. But I'm maybe wrong.

Anyway, thank you for your work on this mod.

PS. My game version is 1.34.
No error message (no Last exception txt) from MC Command Center about this mod.

Update your game to 1.36 and it will work better. 1.9 is designed for patch 1.36 which is why you're having issues. You are a few patches behind. It's time to update lol.
Test Subject
#173 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Update your game to 1.36 and it will work better. 1.9 is designed for patch 1.36 which is why you're having issues. You are a few patches behind. It's time to update lol.

Thanks but don't want to run for updates every month.
Each new update repair something and destroy something else. Hahaha ! Really not easy to understand how the jobs are managed at Maxis / EA.
Top Secret Researcher
#174 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:03 AM
Each new update repair something and destroy something else. Hahaha ! Really not easy to understand how the jobs are managed at Maxis / EA.

Then don't use version 1.9 because it won't work with your game due to the patch level. You should really update though, EA fixed some important bugs. Granted they made new ones but then they fixed those. Twice. LOL. I can understand not wanting to update, but what I do is wait a little bit after a patch is released to see what it breaks, then wait for EA to release a couple more patches fixing what they broke, then I update once they are done. LOL. It seems to be a good method for me. But it's your game, you just have to be careful mod wise because people will release updated mods for the latest patch level, and you don't want to download those as it won't work right with the previous patch level you are on.
Instructor
Original Poster
#175 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 3:41 AM

While I advise updating when you can, you can use version 1.6, which is the most stable version pre-C&D patch
Page 7 of 14