Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 5:17 AM Last edited by GamerQuinn : 4th Sep 2020 at 5:35 AM.
Default Could someone who DOESN'T have ambitions installed please test this .package file out?
I used S3OC and S3PE to clone a model from Ambitions. It's a tree that looks burnt/scorched. I followed a tutorial which claims to be for making CC base-game compatible. I have provided a download for the .package on this thread.

It can be found in Build Mode, in the plants section.

If one who doesn't have Ambitions manages to test this out, may you please answer these questions:
  1. Does it work at all?
  2. Does it have proper texturing (black, burned look)
  3. Does it look anything like a tree?

Edit: if you could also provide screenshots it would be nice
Attached files:
File Type: zip  newvalley_basictree.zip (389.2 KB, 15 downloads)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 1:32 AM
Have you tried using this mod for your testing needs, "Sim Game Selector": https://www.modthesims.info/d/49914...stuff-quot.html

The description says: "Recently I bought all the sim EP's and found myself wanting only to launch a subset of the games. This program provides a very easy to use game select and launch."

Seems like a fit for your use case?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 8:50 PM
If you can bring yourself to use the standard launcher, this functionality is also included in there. I know many users here don't like it, but I didn't know that Origin is something that should be avoided, bought EPs there and therefore have to use the way that EA wanted me to go when starting the game *blush* and there you can select the EPs in a tab under the big play button...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissPat
Have you tried using this mod for your testing needs, "Sim Game Selector": https://www.modthesims.info/d/49914...stuff-quot.html

The description says: "Recently I bought all the sim EP's and found myself wanting only to launch a subset of the games. This program provides a very easy to use game select and launch."

Seems like a fit for your use case?

It doesn't work. I followed the instructions step-by-step, and it still shows Ambitions content. Downloaded EACH version.

Literally nothing works. I even fucking booted up my laptop that uses a 1940s ham radio for a CPU, downloaded Sims vanilla and then my CC, and what a goddamned surprise Custom Content doesn't work at all.

I have one simple request. ANYONE. just test out the file while not having ambitions (or having said program actually working somehow), and let me know if the said tree is fully working as an object.

http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=1954498
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
If you can bring yourself to use the standard launcher, this functionality is also included in there. I know many users here don't like it, but I didn't know that Origin is something that should be avoided, bought EPs there and therefore have to use the way that EA wanted me to go when starting the game *blush* and there you can select the EPs in a tab under the big play button...

And no, that didn't work neither.
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 9:21 PM
I don't know if you are still interested in this because this thread hasn't been active but I tested your object in my game (the game selector tool MissPat linked to you works fine and is actually what I used to disable AMB). As you can see your mesh is visible in my game.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitzims
I don't know if you are still interested in this because this thread hasn't been active but I tested your object in my game (the game selector tool MissPat linked to you works fine and is actually what I used to disable AMB). As you can see your mesh is visible in my game.

16 days late, but thanks! I had multiple people give me an all-clear signal, including you, but you're the first to provide photographic proof.