Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 3:26 PM
Default How can I convert a female hair to male?
So here is my dilemma. I have this lovely genie gentlemen whom I would like to wear both of these hairs by Ade Darma. The problem is that because the hairs are for female sims they clip really bad in the back. I feel like this could be fixed fairly easily by editing the mesh & converting it for male sims. While I'm not the most computer savy person I would 100% be willing to learn how to fix these myself, no matter how long or how many attempts it would take. Does anyone know if there is a tutorial perhaps on how to do this or has anyone ever done this before and can show me how to do it?

Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 4:03 PM Last edited by djdj5275 : 25th Feb 2021 at 2:35 AM.
Default Update
So I just wanted to post an update even though no one has replied yet. I attempted to do it on my own using TSRW, Blender, Milkshape, & Mesh Tool Kit. It took me a couple of attempts but overall I think I did pretty well for my first time trying. I just need to figure out how to get rid that shine. I'm not sure why its like this since I imported all of the hair & scalp textures from the original mesh.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
Firstly, I'd check if the shine appears in-game. If it does and you don't like it, I suggest you replace the Halo texture with the default one. You may want to go through this tutorial: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...s_3_Hair_Basics

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate your help. I have been working on it still & I think maybe the shine could've been from the hair I chose as my clone in TSRW. I originally chose amHairLongStraight since thats what I chose as my reference when I auto assigned bones in Mesh ToolKit. I did that for all of my LODS as well. However, when I tried to import my LODs it kept giving me the index was out of range error, but only for the high level of detail (LOD1). And for some reason it kept giving me that specific error for any longer hair I chose as my clone. I thought maybe that LOD1 was too high so I tried to use the DirectX Mesh tools in Milkshape to bring it down. It still gave me that specific error. I even tried break the mesh up into two groups & chose the amHairPonytailLong as my reference for my LODS & then my clone in TSRW. I still got that same error again. So I decided to try one of the shorter hairs as my clone, amHairShortWavyMessy. That hair & all the other shorter ones successfully allowed me to import all the LODS. The shine in CAS looks less noticeable to me after using that short hair as my clone & in game there's pretty much no shine at all. So I guess I am satisfied with it overall. I don't know how to get rid of that brown scalp that shows up in CAS but since it doesn't show up in game I might not even worry about it. Thanks again though for linking that tutorial page cuz I'm definitely gonna go through it if I decide to convert another hair.

Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 10:19 PM
Default Final Update
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I suggest you replace the Halo texture with the default one.https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...s_3_Hair_Basics

So I figured out how to import all of the maps from the original hair including the halo maps like you said to the new one & now there's no more shine in CAS or in game. YAY!!! Still don't know how to fix the scalp but in game it's not there so I'm not complaining. Thanks again for helping me.

Screenshots