Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teenagers may adopt babies, toddlers & children - BV compliant

by CtfG Posted 5th Oct 2006 at 2:19 PM - Updated 1st Apr 2008 at 10:42 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME info

139 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 130 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Field Researcher
#26 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 4:00 AM
I thought teens could already adopt...hmm.

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Instructor
#27 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 4:31 AM
I have a hack which enables me to choose the gender of the child too. I can't remember where I got it from. Would that cause problems with yours or should I just wait and see? Anyway, great hack, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 4:41 AM
Thanks alot!

Cats Will Be Your Leaders!!!!!!!!!
98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

*OZZEL* For Eva!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 5:26 AM
squinge already made this hack, why is it featured?
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 5:35 AM
Thanks for creating this hack, so far I have not let a sim teen get pregnant but adopting one sounds like fun. Thank You Congratulations upon being featured!!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 9:31 AM
@RainWidow: Excellent question. I didn't test that one, because I don't play Uni any more. In general, pregnancies during college aren't possible with Maxis' standard program. Young adults cannot select "Try for Baby" or "Adopt a child", thus I assume that kids are generally not supported in Uni. You will most probably need some kind of workaround for this. AFAIK, right now only the InTeenimater supports babies / toddlers in the Uni neighborhood. But you might try to call a nanny. Or create an adult sim in CAS, set his/her household funds to zero, and add this sim to the teen's household as a kind of caretaker as long as the teen (or young adult, then) is visiting the college. As soon as the sim returns, the caretaker can be moved out again. I used this trick often, because I didn't like my single sims to lose their house when they went to college. (Another reason why I don't play Uni any more.) Hope this will help you.

@kiwi92889: Yes. Check my screenshot #5. The baby is the "official and registered" child of the teen

@motherspet: No, your hack should not conflict with mine. My hack starts to work when the teen gets the phone and stops when the teen hangs up. All other hacks who affect age / gender of the adopted child start their work later, at the moment when the social worker appears. I don't see any conflict there.
Alchemist
#32 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
I have a hack which enables me to choose the gender of the child too. I can't remember where I got it from. Would that cause problems with yours or should I just wait and see? Anyway, great hack, thank you.

Where did you get your hack that choose the gender of child?

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Alchemist
#33 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ŧoxication

Where is this hack? I looked in squinge's profile and his site already but I can't find it yet.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ŧoxication

I need to answer this one in its own post because you mentioned a very important issue.

Like every other modder, I check the hacks. That means, I load them into SimPE, I investigate them, and then I try to understand what the modder has done. When I understood it, I try to think of different ways to program it. I learned to program in Assember and COBOL about 20 years ago, and one of the things I never did and will never do, is: I'll never steal the work of others. Period.

Squinge is a highly talented modder, far more talented than I am. Some of his (her?) mods are in my downloads folder. At the time of this writing, I had just checked all 186 offered hacks from Squinge, and I only found two which are related to teen and adoption:

1. This mod adds the option to adopt teens from the adoption service, it also allows you to choose your gender preference for toddlers, children, & teens. ( http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=139009 )

2. This mod adds the option to adopt teens from the adoption service. ( http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=96646 )

It is obvious that none of these hacks lets teenagers adopt children.

I already stated it with my "Magic Easel", but I will gladly repeat it in more words: If you find one of my hacks duplicate to any other on this site or on any other site (where "duplicate" means: same functions, same effects, same coding), then PM me or post it immediately so I can pull back my hack! As I said before, I do not steal the work of others. Of course, there are very limitied possibilities in coding "Am I an Adult? Am I a Teen?", and if you program something like "a + b = c", the code will look very similar to the code of others who programmed the same formula. But I always try to write code that does not exist on this site, and though I visit other TS2 sites from time to time, I usually check here if something I plan to hack already exists. If it does exist, I'll skip my plan, but if it does not exist, I'll start to work on it. But I'll never steal the code of some other modder, modify just the copyright name and then publish it as my work. Never. There's a simple rule to my hacks: If I cannot explain to myself what Line x in the code does, the hack is not made by me.

For instance, compare InTeenimater and my PC. With InTeen, teens who are 8 days old, can move out. Now load InTeen into SimPE and check the move-out function. Then compare this one to my PC. You'll see a big difference: The InTeen coding is clean, sophisticated. My coding is rude, just a few lines. My coding does the job, but nothing else, and it is limited to the PC. With InTeen, all standard possiblities of moving out are available: PC, newspaper. Every modder will learn from this that I'm far away from being a perfect or at least a good modder.

Foxication, if you - or any other who reads this - have reasons to believe that my hack is duplicate to others, then please! just don't state it, but also post the link, so that I and any other can check it out. In this case, you were wrong. Squinge made great hacks, but not such a hack where teens can adopt children. So please (and this also goes to all) be so honest and check before you post something like this. This will save others from regarding me as a kind of copyright thief, and it will save me the time to cross-check again.

Sorry for the long speech, but I wanted to make this one very clear. Thanks to all for the kind words

CtfG
Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 10:54 AM
Cool, thanks.
I've had the Inteenimater installed for a while, but I've never actually had a teen pregnancy..
I will definately have to start. And using this.
Alchemist
#36 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 11:26 PM
Great speech!!!

Instructor
#37 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish
Where did you get your hack that choose the gender of child?

As it was mentioned in this thread I remember of course. It was Squinge's hack. Now would this interfere with this new one?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
... Now would this interfere with this new one?

No. The selection of the adopted child's gender happens at a later time, when the hack has already finished its work.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 2:53 PM
I have no E.Ps and i have a problem. When i installed this i tried it out.but the only option my sims had on the phone was,"call:a sim" so now i cant hire a maid or even through a party!![PANICS]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by taylorlambert
I have no E.Ps and i have a problem. When i installed this i tried it out.but the only option my sims had on the phone was,"call:a sim" so now i cant hire a maid or even through a party!![PANICS]

Hi there!

First, get "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and read the cover. It says: "Don't panic!" *laughs* No, serious: Get the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility. Check this post to see where it is and what you need to run it:
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=13633
If this utility detects conflicts, remove all conflicting hacks.

Second, if this doesn't help, you'll probably have to remove my hack. I can't understand though why a phenomene like this should appear. My hack doesn't influence any other phone option than "Adoption", and this one is not re-written, but simply extended to the age group Teenager. So if nothing helps, remove my hack.

Good luck!
Field Researcher
#41 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 5:06 PM
thankee, i have the adopt teen hack, and it would be very interestion having a teen adopting ANOTHER TEEN... gotta test that lol

iM sO UgLy tHaTs oK CaUsE SO ArE YoU.

---if you dont have anything good to say or a positive comment, stick your fist on your mouth and remain silent---

Simserely,
Annie :P
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Oct 2006 at 11:23 PM
where can I find a hack where my tennies can get pregnant? *PLEASE HELP* BTW love the adoption hack GREAT JOB!!

Sig exceeds 4 line limit
Systemic Anomaly
#43 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 1:37 AM Last edited by jase439 : 9th Oct 2006 at 1:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CtfG
I need to answer this one in its own post because you mentioned a very important issue.

Well said. This post is a distant echo of a post that was made to the InTeenimater thread shortly after its inception during a day and age when I was just a bumbling hack of a Sims 2 programmer. I took a great deal of heat for having the gall to "reinvent" Teen WooHoo (as it existed then). It was a very polarizing moment in this community's past. I took a stand, and MTS2 stood with me. I'll always be grateful for that (*raises a glass to RGiles and Loverat*). Had they not, there would be no InTeen, which obviously evolved into something far surpassing its original roots as "yet another teen woohoo". Still, I remember making a similar speech in response to the angry few, albeit, with nowhere near the poise and restraint you've demonstrated here.

If you think you can take an idea and do it better than someone else: go for it. Innovation and fresh ideas are good for the community. If you're not in this thing for the benefit of the hobby, what's the point in being in it at all?

J

PS. Thank you for the kind plug for InTeen. I wish I could be as forgiving to my own work. There are some bits of code from the "early days" that still make me wince.

Quote:
where can I find a hack where my tennies can get pregnant?

While I can't help you much with your tennis shoes, I can help you with your teens:

http://forums.aestudios.net/index.php
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jase439
If you think you can take an idea and do it better than someone else: go for it. Innovation and fresh ideas are good for the community. If you're not in this thing for the benefit of the hobby, what's the point in being in it at all?

True, though I don't esteem my work as being better than the work of most other modders TS2 is really just a hobby, and I simply tried to "fill some gaps" which Maxis had put in to make the game suitable for most nations, but these gaps don't represent the legal rights of teens where I live. That was the basic to start modding at all. My true love, though, belongs to the game Neverwinter Nights, where I'm designing and coding a persistent world, and this is a field where I really know what I'm doing. TS2 ist just used for recreation when I can't think any longer in C++

(And a bit off-topic: I do hope you will still have the enthusiasm to keep InTeen alive when the new EP comes out, despite the "gimme-gimme" generation and their comments. The real fans of InTeen will wait for it, without trying to push you.)
Test Subject
#45 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 12:24 PM
also, da das spiel auf deutsch ist, geh ich davon aus, dass du ebenfalls deutsch sprichst, dann muss ich mir die mühe nich auf englisch machen ^^

also ich find die idee echt cool, hab mir das tool mal runtergeladen und bald hab ich lauter verpönte jugendliche mamas *hrhr*
find ich gut xD

vielen dank!
Instructor
#46 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 1:33 PM
I had no time to test any of the mods, but I'm downloading yours. I really want that teenagers can adopt but I would like that the correct memories are on place.
So, all mods that place correct memories exactly as if they were created by the original game are welcome. In fact I wouldn't like to have any mod in my game and don't actually love all the crap I do self. But the game doesn't give the logical conclusions we think about, so, as far, we need some modifications.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:41 PM
@ ashyda: Gern geschehen! / You're welcome!

@ xptl297: Since my hack uses the ingame's adoption routine, it indeed places all adoption related memories. I just added a check on the age group "Teen" to the function. And what you said about the game's logic... Well, there's always a price to pay when you make a game available to all age groups, I think. More fun for the masses, but less realism for a few.
Test Subject
#48 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 2:57 PM
Great hack! Congratulations!!!!!
Test Subject
#49 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 9:11 PM
where can i find the one where you can have teenagers HAVE a baby? thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BriannaLynn93
where can i find the one where you can have teenagers HAVE a baby? thanks!

Try: http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi...mater/index.php
Page 2 of 6