Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated - Rideable Fully Animated Donkey/Custom Sound - Testers Wanted

by rebecah Posted 15th Dec 2007 at 3:50 PM - Updated 8th Dec 2008 at 9:36 PM by -Maylin-

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 9:12 PM
Oh fantastic! I love this. It's a bonus that they gain fitness while riding.

I wish the sim was a bit more upright, but I suppose they have to hold on tight when riding a mad donkey. :D

Thank you so much for this.
Test Subject
#27 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 12:38 AM
Awesome i loved the camel for desert viles and i love the donkey cause....ITS A DONKEY! can you do a Llama and a Turtle(That would be so wicked)

My Friend Only makes his sims to kill them he once had a massive lot with like almost all of it a graveyard
i made a bet with him that in 2 days he couldn't fill it up.................NOW I LOST $30
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 6:21 AM
LOOOL... This is soo much fun! Yes, please do keep up improving your skills and animations, and keep them comming our way!! Great work Rebecah, Thanks!
Test Subject
#29 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
I'm not sure that I cloned the main file, but the marker and control file I re-did, to be sure it would work with the base game. I believe I cloned the horse file I've created for this. The animations are different for all of my items. I could have used the one's I've created for the horse for the donkey, because their structure is very simliar, but it didn't look right to me. I usually work on more than one thing at a time, in part for comparisons and beause it takes so long to start my game for testing.

so have you already made a horse, where cani download it from if you have and if you havnt use dragon slaves new mesh it is fab keep up the awsome work!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Motoxgirl56
so have you already made a horse, where cani download it from if you have and if you havnt use dragon slaves new mesh it is fab keep up the awsome work!!

The horse in not ready yet and I am using Dragon Slaves horse.
Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 7:42 PM
Wonderful work. I'm always amazed at the talent on this board. Thank you.
Test Subject
#32 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
The horse in not ready yet and I am using Dragon Slaves horse.

AWSOME!!!!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 12:47 PM
I guess it's not possible to make the donkey that more the size of a mule in to a donkey size that is a smaller animal?
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMale
I guess it's not possible to make the donkey that more the size of a mule in to a donkey size that is a smaller animal?

Well it it possible. I made it about the same size as the horse because I have to set the xyz positions of all 43 joints, (mainly y and z positions) which takes me hours to do, I did the horse first, although it is not quite ready yet. (I'm trying to get a actual horse gait animation and also trying to make it look reasonably smooth). There isn't a good tool to use for calculating the xyz postions, that I know of. I have to guess at the position then import it into milkshape to see if it's close to what I need, it takes me 100's of tries. I also used the donkey to help me figure out what was going wrong with my horse animations.
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 9:56 PM
it's a wonderful item but uhh. this happened when i tried to ride it http://youtube.com/watch?v=A9qWlPzVspE =/ i haven't tried riding it again though
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 23rd Dec 2007 at 4:11 AM Last edited by rebecah : 23rd Dec 2007 at 4:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Deidara
it's a wonderful item but uhh. this happened when i tried to ride it http://youtube.com/watch?v=A9qWlPzVspE =/ i haven't tried riding it again though

Quote: Originally posted by Rebecah
I created the donkey animation, plus the sims animations for riding. Sometimes the sims will sit on the donkey backwards or sidesaddle, I've tried to direct them so that they no longer do this but I can't promise they won't sit on it backwards from time to time, usually the first time they ride it.

Did you read my post before you downloaded it? I realize there is a lot to explain but it is necessary. I explained that this could happen! When items are in testing it really is a good idea to read the full post so you are aware of the issues. I don't want to mess up anyones game and I do the best I can, but unfortunately I do not know everything yet.
Test Subject
#37 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 10:39 AM
I Love donkeys!!!!! thank you sooo much!

Hi, everybuddy!!!:P whe trye the make something but it didn't work out;) xxxxx
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 7:43 AM
Oh, my! You are soooo awesome! We just got a real donkey and I saw this and had to have it! I can't wait to try it out! Thank you so much for all your effort and time, I am very humbled!

Never burn bridges, you may need to cross them again! - Kalamity_Katie
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:02 AM
i tried and...it realy work!!!! its so good!!! but one thing: if my doll sit on them.. the donkey (or horse or lama) walk end the doll turns the wrong way.. she sit contrary
but it stays the best download!!!!!!!

Test Subject
#40 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poepzakina
i tried and...it realy work!!!! its so good!!! but one thing: if my doll sit on them.. the donkey (or horse or lama) walk end the doll turns the wrong way.. she sit contrary
but it stays the best download!!!!!!!

(with lama i mean camel)

PLEASE keep going with this!!!

Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deidara

yes i have got thad problem to

Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 5:34 PM
please note to us when the horse is fin!!
Alchemist
#43 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motoxgirl56
please note to us when the horse is fin!!

Here is this horse in this link.

http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/creat...ad.php?t=265537

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:24 AM
I took a look at all your creations so far and I must say they are amazing! I hope you will further continue improving and creating more actions.
Suggestions: Some timgs that you could do is make the sims actually sit on the animal since they seem to be sort of in the air currently. and make the animals moove their legs at the actuall speed they appear to be mooving. I have not installed thease features yet so I'm just taking a look at the videos.
However, amazing job so far can't wait to see what else will be done!
Scholar
#45 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 6:25 PM
Oh Rebecah, Your Ridable Animals are Sooo Awesome! ThankYou So Much! You are Just Amazing!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Instructor
#46 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 3:12 AM
Wow. This and the rideable horse leaves me plain speechless. This is such a great addition to all rural-themed hoods (like medieval, fantasy, farm... there are so many possiblities!)

Although, not speechless enough. Is there any chance you'll create an animated cart/coach for medieval hoods? (Although, sedan chair...) There are unanimated once which of course are a great improvement, but having them animated would be a dream. Sorry, I hope it's not impolite to ask, but it looks as if you're one of the very few geniuses who can create new animations.
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alchemist
Although, not speechless enough. Is there any chance you'll create an animated cart/coach for medieval hoods? (Although, sedan chair...) There are unanimated once which of course are a great improvement, but having them animated would be a dream. Sorry, I hope it's not impolite to ask, but it looks as if you're one of the very few geniuses who can create new animations.

I don't quite understand what you want. Do you want a cart attached to one of the animals? Or an animated cart that they can ride on? Do you have a link with a picture of something similar?

Have you seen Hexameter items? He has some beautiful horse drawn items.
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 12:36 AM
Love this guy! All my medieval sims use him to build their body & fun - they're donkey-riding fools! One bug I've noticed - sometimes his legs disappear and his body drops to ground level. He still works fine - the sim just sort of hovers above him at the normal level - but the donkey looks like he's sunk in quicksand. Sometimes the legs come back on their own - it's odd. I have all EPs up to Freetime and all stuff packs except k/b & ikea.
Test Subject
#49 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 11:29 AM
this is an awesome mod, i really like it.

ElJamo

Hope you have a good day ;) I'm in Australia so I am probably sleeping :D
Add Bacon???
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 8:20 PM
Cool! I'm guessing, after 2 years, you've created the horse. I'll go check! Very unique idea!

:P
Page 2 of 3