Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All-In-One and Nanny 090429

by christianlov Posted 26th May 2008 at 9:57 AM - Updated 12th Jan 2010 at 1:22 PM by christianlov : Bug found

237 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 224 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 10
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 28th Dec 2008 at 3:46 PM
oh right thanks i wasn't sure wether that meant that it was completely incompatible with AL or not.
Alchemist
#177 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 3:15 AM
I'd like to know too...Christianlov, will this be updated to AL? I do hope you will.
Mad Poster
#178 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 6:39 AM
I have heard that this can work with AL. Well, I know someone who has AL and is using this mod.
Test Subject
#179 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 1:49 AM Last edited by DaSpecial1 : 23rd Jan 2009 at 2:09 AM. Reason: added update note
Could you tell me what it means when a catalog item doesnt show up? All other all-in-one Nanny parts have shown up and are working with the exception of the bed and the chair.

The catalog says "no pic" for those two as well. I'm thinking maybe I might need to download the bed/mesh & chair/mesh you used as a base for those two things, and that might solve the problem.

If I'm right could you tell me where to get the bd/chair/ & meshes for those?

Thanks a Bunch!

*update 1-22-09:
Apologies & maybe this will help others... I was missing those (overwritten meshes) but of course after devoting some time to reading all the Q & A in this thread i see that it really doesn't matter since you can use any bed. Hope this answers any questions newcomers might have.

Thanks to Aelflaed for taking the time to answer me & of course ty TY Christianlov!

Sims by Dasi:

Patrick Swayze

Sabrina

From Bones: Emily Deschanel
Alchemist
#180 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 9:13 AM
I think they're basegame meshes.
Test Subject
#181 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 7:11 AM Last edited by DaSpecial1 : 24th Jan 2009 at 12:01 AM.
I love all of your mods!

Quote: Originally posted by christianlov
Have you downloaded the base controller zip file too and overwrote the main pack in any case? The one named "patch for base or university"? Because that's not for NL. Maxis is using a unknown (unknown to me, not unknown to all of you ) bit value since Ep2 when they make a character, so using a wrong version may produce NPCs with floating heads. If you didn't download that file and still get those floatig heads, please let me know, I am going to check again!

I believe I have the same problem. The tweak tool creates them but they show up invisible. It weird they take care of the babies and even chat clean and cook (you can see their dialog too) but no person, lol.
If I use the inSim I can make them selectble & even see the plumbobs but it still says there are no npc of that type after I've created them; they show up in my list of npcs (If I look at the list with the insimenator) when I ask it for npc stats it shows both npc and allinone npc as "0". The diagnose tool says all functions are working properly.

Looks like you told this person they had a uni patc installed ad they were able to fix it, but I dont see the same thing...Is there a simple fix for this?

Also I have a Mary Poppins looking sim I wanted to assign as the nanny...when you click "assign other" is it assigning a townie for allinone or nanny?

Of course I'm testing townie /other assignments as I speak but any help anyone can offer is appreciated.

*update: assigned townie works as an all in one npc but not a nanny(according to my testing). Above invisible prob still occurs and npc cook one meal after another in close succession (w/out buffet on) also the food spoils super fast! I have no idea why. Using the clothing rack npc show as options to take clothing from but only look like floating (hairless) faces. there are about 5 (created nannies and 6 all in ones in game (but invisible and unrecognized by tweak tool that I cant kill off or interact with other than autonomously talk etc. making them selectable with insim gives them an icon but I still have no control over them.

Is there a way to replace the template with say the marypoppins one for nanny or different default npcs m & f? It really seems that a simple tweak could do it.

In Reading here looks like several others had the same problem and the 080713 tweak & diagnose fix helped them. I got a copy of it from your web page but it didn't do the trick...unless I botched something up which is totally possible.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer , I love the mod just wish my npc's weren't invisible.

Sims by Dasi:

Patrick Swayze

Sabrina

From Bones: Emily Deschanel
Test Subject
#182 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 3:32 PM
thank you so much for your update!! i stopped playing when i can't use your all in one anymore
a lot of people must love your mod so much, you are so talented! we will all be grateful if you could help us all in updating AL fix! :D
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 3:48 AM
This is great! I used something a while back that was similar to this by DMA that had NPCs you could have stay in your house too. thanks.

What a lovely way to burn
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 12:29 AM
Watching with baited breath to see if this will be updated for AL. (*begs*pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!) You do so much to make our simming that much more! Thank you!
Test Subject
#185 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 11:25 PM
This is a goddam stellar piece of marvelous work! Thank you!

This butler is definetely prettier than the Maxis one... and more intelligent too! :-D
Test Subject
#186 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 10:10 AM
This sounds amazing! I'm going to test it out right now.
Test Subject
#187 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:53 PM
hi, I'm havin some trouble with getting the all-in-ones to make anything other than chilli con carne what do i do? Thanks Bluebex
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 9:10 PM
Thanks, I will be testing this new version later.
Test Subject
#189 Old 3rd May 2009 at 4:02 PM
Been playing with this for a looong time now (cannot believe how i lived without it!!!) but is there anyway to get more than 2 All-In-Ones in the same household? I mean, i have a huuuge family with a home business and all, and i just wondered...?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#190 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxkablizziexx
Been playing with this for a looong time now (cannot believe how i lived without it!!!) but is there anyway to get more than 2 All-In-Ones in the same household? I mean, i have a huuuge family with a home business and all, and i just wondered...?

please buy two paintings and you can get 2 all-in-ones in the same house. ^^;;
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#191 Old 4th May 2009 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DaSpecial1
I love all of your mods!
I believe I have the same problem. The tweak tool creates them but they show up invisible.

it's because the tweak tool failed to check ep version. because ea is using a different bit information since ep2, if we use the code which was written for base game or university, we get invisible sims. of course the scheduler (of this item) and the tweak tool are originally made to check the corrent ep version and use adequate set of codes, but if it fails to check the ep version, it can produce invisible npcs.

simple soultion is to download the ep8 version (just delete the door hack if you don't play ep8, then it will be compatible with ep2, ep3 and so on).

btw, those invisible npcs must be killed before doing this. please kill them and recreate npcs.
Field Researcher
#192 Old 8th May 2009 at 5:21 PM
A new version Absolutely excellent :D
Field Researcher
#193 Old 9th May 2009 at 1:45 AM
thanks little buddy. You are the best. I am still using the one from seasons. I love this program.
Alchemist
#194 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:05 AM
Thanks for updating for AL! It's wonderful.
Test Subject
#195 Old 14th May 2009 at 5:52 AM Last edited by shawn1989 : 27th Jun 2009 at 1:46 AM.
I keep getting a routing error from every house i used it with. what could be wrong?

great item tho thanks!

Check out my site! Epic Creations
Test Subject
#196 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:54 AM
I love this! It's fantastic!
Now my medieval hood is one hell of a step closer to looking right. ^^

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#197 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 2:40 AM
Default Help!!!
Hi, I desperately need help in getting rid of the NPC Nannies. I ended up with two of them and at first they did fine then everything went to hell and now I can't get rid of them. Even moved my family to a new house, deleted the files, etc. I installed the kill tweak but can't find how to use it. I've tried so many things but nothing works and I'm beside myself with frustration. Please give me some advise, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 2:00 AM Last edited by meek_monkey : 4th Oct 2009 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Add more info
Hi I have been using All in one for AL as I have AL and I have been getting some error logs so I have put them up to see if u can fix it or give advice as what it maybe.

I have also noticed that all in one get stuck in a loop of cleaning a toilet or repairing the dishwasher.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Logs.rar (29.1 KB, 11 downloads)
Description: Error Logs
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 8:46 AM
Love your mods!! This one is exceptionally great!! However, I can't figure out how to change the npc's clothing. I have your clothing rack. i have the npc buy the clothes that I want them to wear, but when I try to get them to change their clothes, the clothes that they bought do not show up at all. Am I doing something wrong?
Test Subject
#200 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hodsh1
i'm confused about the different autonomy options. what does 'autonomy - sit' mean? also whenever i set my ain1 to 24 hour service and no holidays it nearly always manages to change itself back to its original settings. is this something to do with the autonomy options or something because i dont get those :S

Same here. I have 2 Ain1 in one big household. I designed a maid's quarter with two NPC beds, but only one Ain1 will sleep (Ain1 "Sarah"), the other one (Ain1 "Amy") leaves after its shift. I checked the settings of both NPC paintings and everything is the same. Yet the other one still leaves. One time both of them stayed overnight and slept in the maid's quarter. I was happy! but the next day, Ain1 "Sarah" left the house too.

Why is this?

Also, I want to change my maid's PJ's. I did "plan" for their PJ's already but they still wear underwear when sleeping. I don't like them going out their quarters doing chores before "clock in" time wearing underwear. Anyhow, they change into their uniforms when it's time of their shift.
Page 8 of 10