Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 9:44 PM
Default Location of thumbnails for the subworlds
Does anyone know which of the package/world file and/or resource type contain the thumbnails for the sub worlds?
I've been digging into all the .world and .package files associated with each subworld and cannot locate them with
- TWNI
- ICON
- IMAG
- THUM

I could never locate them even years ago and resorted to cropping off from a screen capture for the world fixes. But the screenshots are never as sharp as the actual .png files extracted from the .world files for the home worlds' thumbnails.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 10:37 PM
Okay, I googled it and found out that apparently, nine years ago, I knew the answer to this. But since then I have grown older and that part of my brain has died. Anyway, this is what I wrote:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....657#post3793657

In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 2:24 AM
Heya, @simsample.
I found them...
So, I used what's left of my brain cells on the cusp of sleep - big brainz logic exercise when you haven't slept in 20hrs...

They are named with the same terms as in the dialogs - trip & almanac (IMAG types) - and located in deltabuild0.package. Ya, shouldn't have looked in the .world files. Because we're still in the homeworld when we trigger the travel.

BTW, the TWNI images show up only when we're selecting the new game, and the subworlds don't have these as we don't load them as new games.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 12:22 PM
Oh well done, great information thanks! I have written it down so I won't forget! (It's a long time since I used CAW) Glad you found them, now get some sleep!