Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 1:31 AM
custom mailboxes woo
hey hey!!

since im finally slowing down on animal crossing - i think ive terraformed my island as much as i can and now i dont even want to open my game...anyway! ive converted some mailboxes from sims medieval and am wondering if i can get them to act like a regular mailbox and if not, how i can turn it into an overlay to place over the existing mailbox and have it just LOOK like its functioning as normal.

i have never done anything like this and truly dk where to even start looking - its a bit overwhelming honestly but i am definitely interested so any help is SUPER appreciated on what i need to do!

lmk if you need to see the deco mailboxes, i can get ya a link!

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 2:30 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 4th Jun 2020 at 5:07 PM.
I'm not sure if it's possible to make working custom mailboxes (and if it where, you'd have to animate the "hatch", is it called a hatch?? I mean the "door" on the mailbox) but overlays are totally possible! Parsimonious has one here and Michelle has recolors or Windkeeper's one here. I would probably do it like this:

1. open up your custom mesh in Milkshape
2. extract and import EA's mesh (to use it as a guide) and then just remove the part over the hatch, so it's empty, like seen on the overlays linked above.

Also, there's an invisible wood recolor for the mailbox here (or here if you don't have M&G) which might be of interest to you, if your custom meshes are smaller than EA's mailbox's leg is for example :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 5:47 PM
OH thank you so much - this is actually incredibly helpful!! I will post again when I have made some progress!!!

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 6:05 PM
Happy I could help! :-D and please do! I'm excited about your mailboxes >:-D