Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#16451 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxBacon
One thing i just wondered about, if you send your sim to the Gym from another district. You will face 2 Loadings?

Because you have to load the new district, travel to the gym there, and then load the gym, am i right? Or will it "magically" appear on the gym already without need to show you enter the new district?

EDIT: It's actually a question, if you disagree so much then explain me how this madness will work.

Well, that was what Graham just explained lol. The whole point he made is that no, you don't have to face two loading screens. You go to the map, click the gym, and it will load the new neighborhood (district) with the gym as the "active" lot. One loading screen. To switch to another active lot within that neighborhood, or two switch to an active lot in another neighborhood...you still face one loading screen.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#16452 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pkessler
Community morale is so low, it's almost impossible to be excited for the game. It's honestly pretty depressing

This. Thousand times. Please release a video of the actual gameplay and give us hope!
Field Researcher
#16453 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:27 AM
One thing i just wondered about, if you send your sim to the Gym from another district. You will face 2 Loadings?

Because you have to load the new district, travel to the gym there, and then load the gym, am i right? Or will it "magically" appear on the gym already without need to show you enter the new district?

EDIT: It's actually a question, if you disagree so much then explain me how this madness will work.

No. My understanding is that this idea is actually what Graham is trying to clarify.

If you're in Neighborhood A, and want to visit Bella and Mort in Neighborhood B, you don't have to load Neighborhood B and the Goth house separately. Instead it loads up Neighborhood B and the Goth house at the same time. Not sure if you just "pop" to in front of their house a la The Sims 2, considering the environment of the Neighborhood is always open. Can't say for sure though.
Field Researcher
#16454 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:30 AM

EDIT 2: Answer: when you travel to the new area as you have to chose one lot to travel to, it will already load it as the "active lot".

The Sims 2 had almost the same system. You would go to a different neighbourhood (Blue Water as example) and it would load the neighbourhood Blue water and the active lot back to back. Its actually one load screen then...
Lab Assistant
#16455 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BubblesO
This. Thousand times. Please release a video of the actual gameplay and give us hope!

Ikr!? I don't understand why it's so difficult to make little developer diaries or gameplay demos or something! They are so secretive, but we are DYING for info! Explaining things like the closed world just makes it sound terrible...if it really works well in the game, then make a quick video to show off how it works! Literally take FIVE minutes and just record the screen while someone is playing!

And instead of "no comment" when people ask about pools, why don't they just say, "Honestly, we are having issues implementing it. Right now it's really unstable and buggy and we don't want to make any promises because it might not end up in the base game." I would have sooo much respect for them for being honest!
Mad Poster
#16456 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
You always load a lot when you load a neighborhood, so if you are in Neighborhood A and choose to visit the gym in Neighborhood B it will be loaded when you appear in the neighborhood.

Just to add MaxBacon, you will never load to a neighborhood, you will always chose what lot you want to visit and if you want to roam the neighborhood, you do it from that chosen lot. That is the public spaces, they don't need loading.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#16457 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:31 AM
Yup @Wedry that's the doubt for now, if i grab my car to vist the Gym i want to see my Sim to actual drive the car till there, and not just appear there after the loading screen, so there is some actual sense on have transports (if there are transports).

Also the tram we saw on the videos i'm wondering now if there is actual usage of it to travel to places... Or if it's just a visual thing to make world feel pretty.
Field Researcher
#16458 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:32 AM
And instead of "no comment" when people ask about pools, why don't they just say, "Honestly, we are having issues implementing it. Right now it's really unstable and buggy and we don't want to make any promises because it might not end up in the base game."

Because a lot of people would say, "things being unstable and buggy never stopped you putting them in the game before".
Scholar
#16459 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:33 AM
I disagree that morale is low. It's much better than it was immediately after E3 ended but before SimGuruGraham started giving out more information. I'm personally someone who never bought TS3 and figured TS4 would be more of the same, but I'm much more intrigued than I was last week.
Lab Assistant
#16460 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
Because a lot of people would say, "things being unstable and buggy never stopped you putting them in the game before".

Lmao I mean...true. People always have snarky comments to make, but the community response can't be worse than when they say "no comment" to everything!
Field Researcher
#16461 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:35 AM
Lmao I mean...true. People always have snarky comments to make, but the community response can't be worse than when they say "no comment" to everything!

Maybe pools are not supposed to be in the base game from the start.
I think Pools are one of the things they did from TS3 base game to make one "Seasons" expansion with one big-summer hit new feature: Pools

If you think well, i guess it makes sense. Also Seasons must be some of the first expansions to be added to the game, it does have one amazing effect on the game, on TS3 i could not see myself playing without Seasons after it launched.
Lab Assistant
#16462 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
I disagree that morale is low. It's much better than it was immediately after E3 ended but before SimGuruGraham started giving out more information. I'm personally someone who never bought TS3 and figured TS4 would be more of the same, but I'm much more intrigued than I was last week.

I always get dozens of asks a day on Tumblr with general questions about TS4 and what we know about it. Since E3, however, I've gotten two types of asks:

1) People who are depressed about loading screens in TS4
2) People who are confused about how the closed neighborhood works

Before E3 we knew almost everything we know now, except for the loading screen/closed neighborhoods jazz. And everything we know about that seems to be changing hourly. Graham posts on here to clarify, but he's already explained it so many times in so many ways that people are just confused and what they know is all over the place. I think that we went from disappointment (end of E3) to confusion and panic (now).
Scholar
#16463 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:37 AM

Lordy, it's only been a couple of days since this:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...830#post4409830
Field Researcher
#16464 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:40 AM
Yup @Wedry that's the doubt for now, if i grab my car to vist the Gym i want to see my Sim to actual drive the car till there, and not just appear there after the loading screen, so there is some actual sense on have transports (if there are transports).

Also the tram we saw on the videos i'm wondering now if there is actual usage of it to travel to places... Or if it's just a visual thing to make world feels pretty.

I think the tram definitely has an use. I actually theorize it will play a big role in traveling to different roles. Having just for decoration public transit would just be so disingenuous, if that makes sense.
Also sorry for being the 85th person to answer your question, I didn't see other people had replied.

--
I think morale is also going to be low at pre release for games like these. People invest a lot of time and energy and creativity into The Sims, and it's hard to move from one game to another. I have a feeling morale will skyrocket when they release a real gameplay video, but until then, ambiguity leads to a lot of negativity and apprehension.
Field Researcher
#16465 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:45 AM
Apprehension is the word of the moment.
As far i'm understanding how it's going to work as just explained, only with that gameplay video (seems a mirage) that actually shows all this in action all this madness inside my head will clear up and close this topic for me, what no post from gurus seems to be able to do till now.
Theorist
#16466 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:47 AM
I always get dozens of asks a day on Tumblr with general questions about TS4 and what we know about it. Since E3, however, I've gotten two types of asks:

1) People who are depressed about loading screens in TS4
2) People who are confused about how the closed neighborhood works

Before E3 we knew almost everything we know now, except for the loading screen/closed neighborhoods jazz. And everything we know about that seems to be changing hourly. Graham posts on here to clarify, but he's already explained it so many times in so many ways that people are just confused and what they know is all over the place. I think that we went from disappointment (end of E3) to confusion and panic (now).

I'm not getting that. I'm getting a lot of excitement in general, a gazillion Mac questions because they want it but have a Mac and a few people who are very vocal in their dislike/disappointment. I personally have reservations but I honestly don't think those are shared by the majority.
Lab Assistant
#16467 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
I'm not getting that. I'm getting a lot of excitement in general, a gazillion Mac questions because they want it but have a Mac and a few people who are very vocal in their dislike/disappointment. I personally have reservations but I honestly don't think those are shared by the majority.

Hmmm...maybe my blog attracts negative fans because I'm an extremely negative person...lol.
Scholar
#16468 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
I think that might be an extra world like Riverview was in TS3, which you can download and install after registering the game. The Sims (edit: apart from TS1) has always had more than one world in the base game, so it's likely we'll have more than one now as well.

And BTW, if you look closely at the end of this video that shows the desert world, you can see what looks like a moving train in the left side.

Maybe we can take the train and visit other worlds? How cool would that be?

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Mad Poster
#16469 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:56 AM
This left me CTFU! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_1...eature=youtu.be
SIMS 4 DAT @$$ PARODY Trailer of Create-A-Sim!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#16470 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus

It's a tram! Not supposed to travel great distances!
Trams are used on my city as a traditional to get around the center of the city (where cars a not allowed) and tourists take pics.
Inventor
#16471 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus

Why are they called worlds? They are not worlds. They are just towns/cities. Worlds are places like Twilight Town, Castle Oblivion, etc. from Kingdom hearts.
Theorist
#16472 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:14 AM
it is confirmed that you can go from one world to another (when we get another one or another one is announced). Possibly by tram, but maybe by boat.. or just regular old car.
Forum Resident
#16473 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
Why are they called worlds? They are not worlds. They are just towns/cities. Worlds are places like Twilight Town, Castle Oblivion, etc. from Kingdom hearts.

Their choice of words is so confusing, especially if all "worlds" are connected this time around. Why not just call them towns?
Theorist
#16474 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
Their choice of words is so confusing, especially if all "worlds" are connected this time around. Why not just call them towns?

I guess they wanted to make the transition from TS3 to TS4 easy, but.. something got lost in the process.
Mad Poster
#16475 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
This left me CTFU! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_1...eature=youtu.be
SIMS 4 DAT @$$ PARODY Trailer of Create-A-Sim!

So...Ryan's having an affair with Bella Goth!?
Locked thread
Page 659 of 817