Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 9:25 PM
Default Electronic Safeguard Gate letting in unwanted paparazzi?
The house of my current household has one of these gates to keep away the paparazzi as I have a few one star and one two star celebs in the household, yet i found the paparazzi still coming through the gate that I thought was meant to keep them out!
An old household I played had the problem of paparazzi in their house because they didn't have this gate, but then I moved them to a house that did, and the problem was solves, no paparazzi! But now, they are still letting themselves in!
Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 10:39 PM
Is there any way to get Bouncers or Private Security at the home lot? The pesky paparazzi and spies are annoying to no end for celebrities and fences and locked doors don't seem to always work. There must be a way to activate them for home lots through debug or modding, right?
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 10:55 PM
You could try locking the gate to everyone but your household. If you click on the gate you'll see a lock option.
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skittlenut
The house of my current household has one of these gates to keep away the paparazzi as I have a few one star and one two star celebs in the household, yet i found the paparazzi still coming through the gate that I thought was meant to keep them out!
An old household I played had the problem of paparazzi in their house because they didn't have this gate, but then I moved them to a house that did, and the problem was solves, no paparazzi! But now, they are still letting themselves in!
Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it?

I have heard that in order for that gate to block out paparazzi, you need a fence that completely fences in all entrances to the house in question, there cannot be a gap for a tree, rock or anything.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 9:55 PM
I'm sorry for the late reply, I've only just remembered this thread as I still have the problem.

There is no 'lock' option for the gate unfortunetly, I've tried locking the front door for the household only too, but that way the butler cannot get into the house.

Bouncers and Private Security would be good for home lots, but I don't think there's a way to do that without a mod.. And I haven't seen a mod out there like that

And as far as I can see, there is no gap in the fence surrounding the house, only the gate that doesn't seem to be working..

If anyone knows of a fix, please let me know! It's getting quite annoying.
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 2:37 AM
I discovered this problem as well. I did a search on the forums and found this thread. After reading I went back and checked to make sure that I did indeed have a fence around the entire property. This ALSO meant a fence THROUGH the gap where the gate was to go. I had left one for the gate. There is no need to leave such a gap for a gate. In the real world perhaps but not sims! I completed the gate circuit and voila! the lock option appeared.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 7:25 PM
I have been stressing for many years about this. I'm so glad I came across this. Thanks! It works.