Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Relationship Decay Mod

by mgomez Posted 18th Sep 2014 at 2:50 AM - Updated 26th Sep 2014 at 8:21 AM by mgomez

459 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 258 Feedback Posts, 200 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 19
Test Subject
#401 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 3:52 PM
So, I too am having the issue where when I try to load my household, it reroutes to the select a world screen. For now I'll simply remove the mod, but I hope that you can get around to fixing it soon. It's a great mod and I'd love to be able to use it.
Field Researcher
#402 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 7:59 PM
Thanks!!
I will give it a try

Quote: Originally posted by sabreene
The percent version, 'configure your own' still works for me.

I haven't had any errors. I use the "mgomez-relationshipdecay.zip" file (the first one), and downloaded the .cfg file from page 13, post #320. The .cfg file tells the mod what percent you'd like your decay rate at. The first number is for friendship, the second for romance.

If you want to download a .cfg file that is already at 0 so that it works the same as nodecay, see page 14, post #346

One Sim to rule them all, One Sim to find them, One Sim to bring them all, And with bodyshop bind them
Lab Assistant
#403 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 3:56 PM
I have installed the no decay one, but still loosing friendship. I think the mod needs to be updated.
Lab Assistant
#404 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 12:56 AM
I've got the page-14 fix installed in my game and it's been working fine, but I think the latest patch might have broken it :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#405 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 9:15 PM
Please, please update this to the latest patch! My sims literally have no friends anymore!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#406 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 12:49 AM
Thank you!
Field Researcher
#407 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 1:02 AM Last edited by sabreene : 13th Sep 2015 at 1:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by shelleny
I've got the page-14 fix installed in my game and it's been working fine, but I think the latest patch might have broken it :/

They were supposed to fix the beloved trait. Maybe that made it so your mod won't work? My beloved trait still isn't working, but the mod is. You could try adding the beloved trait to your sims, and see if it works. Choose the 'friend of the world' aspiration, and then use "aspirations.complete_current_milestone" to cheat to finish it, if you don't want to actually go through all the steps.

On my sims, the beloved trait it only works for the sim that most currently achieved the trait, and all the others go back to normal status :/ And then if I go to another family, it stops working completely!

Edit, I was asked this in a PM, and thought it might be helpful for others: Since this is a script mod, it has to be left in the zip file and can only be in the mods folder or one folder down. And, the .cfg file should be the same place the zip file is.
Test Subject
#408 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mactrocks
I have the same problem, also fixed by disabling this mod, hope the author can fix it soon. I've already lose 2 friends by now.

Had the same thing and also got fixed by removing the mod. plz fix it.

k thx by
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#409 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 1:28 PM
Thanks for the mod!
Test Subject
#410 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 9:13 AM
when I use your mod and then I select go into household It starts downloading then loads back to maps why
Test Subject
#411 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 6:23 PM
This doesn't seem to work anymore - I'm using the percentage mod and it's stopped working within the past week or two. In just a few days of playing my sims have lost all their friends. ;( Can we get an update?
Test Subject
#412 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dontbemean
when I use your mod and then I select go into household It starts downloading then loads back to maps why

Mod is broken on 1.10 wait for update
Lab Assistant
#413 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 5:11 AM
Pretty much every time someone has reported this broken, it still worked fine for me. But, that said, the creator hasn't been around for a rather long time that I know of, and I don't think it's going to be updated.

The good news: This functionality is now part of Deaderpool's MC Command Center. You might want to give that one a look.
Test Subject
#414 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 1:00 AM
Can you please update it? It was my best mod!
Test Subject
#415 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 4:14 AM
This works for me! I have the cfg at 0, 0 and so far as I can tell after a couple sim weeks, friendships are not decaying.

Quote: Originally posted by sabreene
The percent version, 'configure your own' still works for me.

I haven't had any errors. I use the "mgomez-relationshipdecay.zip" file (the first one), and downloaded the .cfg file from page 13, post #320. The .cfg file tells the mod what percent you'd like your decay rate at. The first number is for friendship, the second for romance.

If you want to download a .cfg file that is already at 0 so that it works the same as nodecay, see page 14, post #346
Test Subject
#416 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 5:41 AM
I can't get this to work. I type in the command and get no message.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#417 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 4:25 PM
This is a huge help to my loners who only have friends for RP reasons!
Lab Assistant
#418 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 8:19 PM
Has anyone checked this (the two-file version) post the December 4 patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#419 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 11:46 AM
Thank you SO MUCH for this mod! I used the version where I can set the % of the decay. I don't wanted to stop the decay, but to have the relationships just last way longer than the original. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#420 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 11:41 PM
Thanks You......
Test Subject
#421 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 12:24 AM
no longer works with dec. patch keeps going to the travel screen
Test Subject
#422 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pighair
no longer works with dec. patch keeps going to the travel screen

No problems here after dec 4 patch, neither with this relationship mod nor the motive decay mod from the same author.
Test Subject
#423 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 6:00 PM Last edited by Morrigan20212004 : 11th Dec 2015 at 6:01 PM. Reason: Clarification
Quote: Originally posted by shelleny
Has anyone checked this (the two-file version) post the December 4 patch?

Yes, it caused issues in my game. I loaded my game with ONLY this mod installed, when I tried loading a household and it switched to the World Select each time. It needs to be updated.

Lurker.
Helper.
Leecher.
"Thanks" button forgetter.
Test Subject
#424 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morrigan20212004
Yes, it caused issues in my game. I loaded my game with ONLY this mod installed, when I tried loading a household and it switched to the World Select each time. It needs to be updated.

Yes, I had the same issue!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#425 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 2:55 PM
This mod is broken, I really enjoyed it; however, can the maker of the mod update it to the latest patch.
Page 17 of 19