Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 19 of 43
Test Subject
#451 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 8:23 AM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#452 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 9:15 AM
thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#453 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 1:13 PM
Congratulations on the feature!
Deceased
Original Poster
#454 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissEliseth
I realize it's to lock OUT the specified age group of sim. I'm trying to lock out everything except for adult and elder and while it says it's locking out child, teen, and young adult.. it's not unfortunately. They still waltz in like they own the place I'll just take it like I'm one of the lucky ones it's not working for Which is funny because version 1.0 worked just fine before the patch
Thanks for the additional info and sorry to hear it's not working for you. It sounds like the new script is not running and/or maybe the old script is still installed. If you're sure the new script is installed properly and the old script removed, can I ask a few questions to see what exactly we're going to need to do to track down this problem:
  • Do any of the lock filters work properly, particularly the gender locks?
  • If gender locks are working for you, do any of the age locks work or are they all busted?
  • If neither of those locks work, does the door lock if you don't apply filters and just leave it locked for all sims?
  • Are you running any other script mods? If so, please test the mod with all other script mods removed and let me know what script mods you were using.
  • What patch version is your game? You can get this info by opening the cheat window and typing the command "version".
  • In your "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder is there a text file called "lastException"? If so, please attach a zip file containing a copy of that file in your reply.
Again, sorry it's not working and hopefully we can track down the reason and get your door locks working again.
Deceased
Original Poster
#455 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Just some feedback: my mean and evil adult sims managed to bypass the age lock filter on their children's door in order to destroy their dollhouse.
Interesting... did you see this happen? I ask becasue there may be an issue with that interaction as I've had a dollhouse on one particular lot that got smashed all the time until I installed an autonomy remover for it. I resorted to that as I pretty sure no angry evil sims had been on that lot. I think random passers by might have been breaking it through the hedge at the edge of the property as the dollhouse was placed there!
Test Subject
#456 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Sorry they aren't working for you, can you describe the issue you're having. Please read some of the earlier posts and make sure the mod is installed properly. The retail filters, like all the filters, set which class of sim is locked OUT, not allowed to pass through, perhaps that is the issue?

i set the filter to lock out the customers yet they still walk in and use the little mini apartment. and yes i installed the v2 not the v1 using the mod manager.
Field Researcher
#457 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 8:00 PM
Interesting... did you see this happen? I ask becasue there may be an issue with that interaction as I've had a dollhouse on one particular lot that got smashed all the time until I installed an autonomy remover for it. I resorted to that as I pretty sure no angry evil sims had been on that lot. I think random passers by might have been breaking it through the hedge at the edge of the property as the dollhouse was placed there!

you know it might be that thew mod is not completable with the new update
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#458 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 8:22 PM
Thank you for this mod I can now keep the customer Sims from eating all my food and using my personal bathroom.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#459 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 12:49 AM
Congrats dude, you made me break my "no mods in my game" rule.
Test Subject
#460 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 12:59 AM
Test results
Thanks for the additional info and sorry to hear it's not working for you. It sounds like the new script is not running and/or maybe the old script is still installed. If you're sure the new script is installed properly and the old script removed, can I ask a few questions to see what exactly we're going to need to do to track down this problem:
  • Do any of the lock filters work properly, particularly the gender locks?
  • If gender locks are working for you, do any of the age locks work or are they all busted?
  • If neither of those locks work, does the door lock if you don't apply filters and just leave it locked for all sims?
  • Are you running any other script mods? If so, please test the mod with all other script mods removed and let me know what script mods you were using.
  • What patch version is your game? You can get this info by opening the cheat window and typing the command "version".
  • In your "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder is there a text file called "lastException"? If so, please attach a zip file containing a copy of that file in your reply.
Again, sorry it's not working and hopefully we can track down the reason and get your door locks working again.

Gender locks do not work either. Ex: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y2.../GenderLock.png
All filters seem to be busted. I tried gender locks and age locks.
Not applying filters does not work either. For some reason my sim that I tested it with is able to pass through the door when I tell him to walk to a certain area, but then also walks back to his starting point which I thought was odd.
I was running other script mods - not many, but I did disable what script mods I was running, and tested again with the same result. Scripts I use are seen here: http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Elis...a/Mods.png.html
The version that I am running can be seen here: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y2...eth/Version.png

Thank you for all your help btw! It's greatly appreciated!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  lastException_63564852160.zip (19.1 KB, 3 downloads)
Description: There are multiples of that file for some reason.
Mad Poster
#461 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 2:16 AM

Yes, I saw it happen. The bedrooms are in the basement, and the mom especially kept destroying the house. I was like wow...that's determination. I thought if I kept it behind a locked door, it would be safe. lol

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Test Subject
#462 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 2:58 AM
Yes, I saw it happen. The bedrooms are in the basement, and the mom especially kept destroying the house. I was like wow...that's determination. I thought if I kept it behind a locked door, it would be safe. lol

Now that is hardcore! lol
Deceased
Original Poster
#463 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by g1g2
you know it might be that thew mod is not completable with the new update

I've got the latest update, and I'm sure many others do. It seems like just a handful of people are having problems. Trying to figure out why it's not running (especially for those who had it working before and now it doesn't) just isn't easy. For people who've never had it work it's usually something simple like script mods aren't turned on.
Deceased
Original Poster
#464 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 4:11 AM

I assume other than this incident that the door locks are working okay for you, MB?
Deceased
Original Poster
#465 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 4:40 AM
@MissEliseth - Thanks for the additional information. It still appears that the script portion of the mod simply isn't running. Nothing in the exception files referred to door locks at all, although I could see that you are yet another victim of the infamous refrigerator bug. I have to run the repair game in Origin once every few days for that one myself!

It appears you are using an old version of the Mod Manager. I would suggest first getting the latest version of that (version 2.2.0). The latest version will allow you to drag and drop the zip file you download from MTS into the mod manager and it will detect that the mod contains both a package and script and install both of them. Very handy for mods like this one!

You should see the files in the attached screenshot in your mod manager.

Also, the script portion of the mod must be in the main mods folder, it cannot be placed in a subfolder.

If everything looks good after this, would you be willing to run a batch file on your computer that would collect some information and put it in a text file that you can upload to me? Or, if you know how to use a Windows command prompt, I could just write the commands out that I would need you to type.

And if even that can't track down the problem for us, would you be willing to try a debug version of the script that would dump a whole bunch of gibberish into a file that would make sense to me and possibly help me figure out what the issue is?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#466 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 6:13 AM
@MissEliseth - Thanks for the additional information. It still appears that the script portion of the mod simply isn't running. Nothing in the exception files referred to door locks at all, although I could see that you are yet another victim of the infamous refrigerator bug. I have to run the repair game in Origin once every few days for that one myself!

It appears you are using an old version of the Mod Manager. I would suggest first getting the latest version of that (version 2.2.0). The latest version will allow you to drag and drop the zip file you download from MTS into the mod manager and it will detect that the mod contains both a package and script and install both of them. Very handy for mods like this one!

You should see the files in the attached screenshot in your mod manager.

Also, the script portion of the mod must be in the main mods folder, it cannot be placed in a subfolder.

If everything looks good after this, would you be willing to run a batch file on your computer that would collect some information and put it in a text file that you can upload to me? Or, if you know how to use a Windows command prompt, I could just write the commands out that I would need you to type.

And if even that can't track down the problem for us, would you be willing to try a debug version of the script that would dump a whole bunch of gibberish into a file that would make sense to me and possibly help me figure out what the issue is?

I can run a batch file (I haven't done so in a long time though) and I know how to use windows command prompt. So either option I could do, I guess.

I had to edit this post because I looked into what version of the mod manager that I had and it says 2.2.0. So it's the most current one. However, I will check to make sure nothing is in a sub-folder accidentally. I really appreciate (again) you replying so swiftly. You are awesome-sauce!
Deceased
Original Poster
#467 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 7:41 AM
I can run a batch file (I haven't done so in a long time though) and I know how to use windows command prompt. So either option I could do, I guess.

I had to edit this post because I looked into what version of the mod manager that I had and it says 2.2.0. So it's the most current one. However, I will check to make sure nothing is in a sub-folder accidentally. I really appreciate (again) you replying so swiftly. You are awesome-sauce!

My bad, I was thinking my mod manager looked totally different, but that's just because all the mods in your screenshots were in subfolders. Let me know if you find that the script file was in a subfolder, it should work again if you put the script in the main folder if that's the case.
Test Subject
#468 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 8:20 AM
My bad, I was thinking my mod manager looked totally different, but that's just because all the mods in your screenshots were in subfolders. Let me know if you find that the script file was in a subfolder, it should work again if you put the script in the main folder if that's the case.

Haha do you sleep? I know I don't. :P

Anyway, yes, I moved everything from sub-folders to the main folder, and it still is not working. When I took another look at mods that had scripts, only your mod did. I thought I had others, but I guess it was because they were in sub-folders.
Test Subject
#469 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 10:41 AM
Haha do you sleep? I know I don't. :P

Anyway, yes, I moved everything from sub-folders to the main folder, and it still is not working. When I took another look at mods that had scripts, only your mod did. I thought I had others, but I guess it was because they were in sub-folders.

Im having the exact same problem. I cant seem to get the door locks to work no matter what filter i have it on. Ive followed the instructions that were given to try fix this, and it still doesnt work for me either.

Test Subject
#470 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 11:11 AM
这实在太棒了很实用的东西
Mad Poster
#471 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 1:33 PM
I assume other than this incident that the door locks are working okay for you, MB?

Now that you mention it, they are getting past the filters for other reasons too. I caught the mom and dad sitting on their kid's bed. They will go into the room when directed also. It doesn't seem to work in reverse, though. My child sim couldn't go into his parent's bedroom when directed. (I have no other script mods in except this one.) Oh, and the filters I had set was to ban everyone but children and teens.

Edit: And I tried to do a boy child room and a girl child room, but the boy was still able to go into the girl child room to play with the stuffed unicorn.

Edit2: Additional information - my resource file is set to several layers deep, but I keep a script mod folder on the first level.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Deceased
Original Poster
#472 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 4:59 PM
To All:

There does seem to be some problems with the mod with some setups, and I'm working with a few people to determine what the issue might be. Hopefully we can figure this out. I almost wish it didn't work so well for me as it would be much easier to determine what might be the problem if I could see it in action!

In the meantime, please be sure that you have the mod installed properly if door locks don't work at all, there are at least a dozen posts on here replying to various install problems people may face. If the door locks work but lock filters aren't filtering properly... we're working on it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#473 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 7:28 PM
The mod we've all be waiting for! Thanks a lot! ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#474 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 10:20 PM
Thaaaaaank youuu!
Deceased
Original Poster
#475 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 10:47 PM
More News regarding the door lock filters not working for some folks: ~MadameButterfly~ has reported that the lock started working properly for her when she loaded a different save game. So this could possibly be related to corruption within the lot or the save file itself. I would suggest one possible fix if you don't have a save to fall back on that works without issues might be to try deleting the offending door(s) and replacing them with new ones, they may have some invalid state information saved with them that is interfering with proper operation of the lock filters.
Page 19 of 43