Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 21 of 43
Test Subject
#501 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 5:15 PM
I have having a problem, still, though

I can lock based on gender and age, lock all visitors out, etc, but I can't lock one room for a specific sim only. Am I doing something wrong!?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#502 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 5:29 PM
Thank You!
Deceased
Original Poster
#503 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShayyBayy
I can lock based on gender and age, lock all visitors out, etc, but I can't lock one room for a specific sim only. Am I doing something wrong!?

No, that feature is not in the mod (yet). Working on it!
Test Subject
#504 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 7:00 PM
Thank u very much ! the mod is correctly working in my game now !
Test Subject
#505 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Glad it's working for you again! And you shouldn't feel stupid (even just sorta) - this has tripped up a lot of folks. It's easy to forget to make sure it's turned on after every game patch.

Thanks! lol Usually that should be the first thing one checks when a script mod isn't working! No idea why it didn't occur to me until now. At least it's working great. I can keep -most- of my teens from being in each others rooms. It's kinda hard when there's 4 teen girls and they all want to use each others stuff Now I can't wait until you can assign locks to a specific sim! LMAO!
Lab Assistant
#506 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I'd been meaning to ask this earlier...

Can anyone else confirm that the Brazillian Portuguese strings need to be updated? I wouldn't know which was more correct myself. I could plug them both into Google and try to make a determination, but that often isn't much better than a guess.

To defend my changes:
- The original used different translations for lock. It's not wrong but does not look good. I used the same translation keeping a standard;
- In the original teen is translated as adolecente. This is wrong since it's missing the s: adolescente;
- In the original gender is translated as genero. This is wrong, the correct is gênero (for Brazilian, which is the one used by the game; European is género);
- Some strings in the original does not use mixed case, which is the standard in The Sims strings.
Test Subject
#507 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 6:10 AM
Erm, this might sound stupid, but I can't visit other lots and knock on doors like I used to before I installed the mod? I have to remove this mod 'cos I'm making a machinima, but I'd be interested if someone could tell me how to get around this or if a patch was brought out later.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#508 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 7:52 AM
Hi,there is a problem with the Mod. My sims can not knock the neighbor's door to visit them when my sim gose to the neighbor's home lot. That means active sim can not come into other's house but just arrive at the home lot. instead of the option of knock door is only the door setting option.
Test Subject
#509 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 9:48 AM
good
Mad Poster
#510 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 4:07 PM
I can't get this to work reliably in my game.
I'm using your bathroom doors as well at the main script mod which you say should have the correct locks preconfigured yet Sims of either gender can use either door.
Locking other doors also seems hit and miss.
I've just shut my female Sim in a room and placed a male bathroom door. She could use the door to exit, but not enter the room. I then placed another male bathroom door facing inwards and this then allowed her to enter and exit through either door from either side.
Placing a regular door (removing the others in the process) and locking it for female Sims correctly prevented her from using it until I entered BuildBuy mode again. When I left BuildBuy she was able to walk through the "locked" door without issue.
I do have script mods enabled and I have yours installed in the exact same folder as a script mod for unlocking all buy mode locked objects which works without issue.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#511 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 9:35 PM
Thank Youuu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#512 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 2:37 PM
I don't know update v2 until now ! thank you so much!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#513 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 3:43 AM
I've been using this for a while to keep customers from wandering around behind the counter and in the kitchen of my bakery; it was driving me nuts before! Thanks so much for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#514 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 10:35 PM
this is very great jobs....!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#515 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 6:30 PM
Thank you very much for the mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#516 Old 1st May 2015 at 10:02 AM
So happy about this. Was getting annoyed with sims going into the wrong rooms.Thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#517 Old 1st May 2015 at 2:49 PM
I download the mod but i have a problem where i can not cook anything on my fridge or stove
Deceased
Original Poster
#518 Old 1st May 2015 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zahaieda
I download the mod but i have a problem where i can not cook anything on my fridge or stove

Sounds like your game has the fridge bug, that's common in this game and not related to this mod. Often just saving and restarting the game will fix the issue, but sometimes the only solution is to run the repair game option in Origin.

The good news is that your save game should be fine.
Deceased
Original Poster
#519 Old 1st May 2015 at 4:21 PM
Hi folks, just a quick update on the "locks sometimes, but not always working" bug:

I thought this was related to the save game as there was some success reported in reverting to a different save game fixing the problem, but after getting a save game that had the issue from someone that does not appear to be the case. In my testing, just saving your game, exiting to the main menu, and reloading will fix the issue.

It seems to be related to the bathroom doors, and possibly exterior facing doors, getting relocked by the game after my code runs. The game locks doors in only one direction, to keep uninvited sims out of the building and this causes my locks to then also work in only one direction which can cause some really odd side effects if there is more than one door into the same room such as described by Menaceman44 in an earlier post above.

The circumstances that cause this are unusual which is why it took a while to track down. I'm still considering how I might possibly be able to fix the issue, but mostly I've been concentrating on getting locks working for an individual or list of specific chosen sims as saving and reloading seems to fix the temporary lock anomalies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#520 Old 1st May 2015 at 5:05 PM
thx
Test Subject
#521 Old 1st May 2015 at 8:48 PM
Default Which file do I download?
I'm a little confused as it says to only download ONE of the files and I have no idea which.. I just want the simple locking doors (don't really care about the bathroom one) for use on my retail lot. Does anyone know which one I should download?
Lab Assistant
#522 Old 1st May 2015 at 8:59 PM
Just some feedback. When testing a door with both the retail lock options enabled, the rules don't always seem to apply (employee's still sometimes filter through door, customers continue to stay out). Though a small work around to this is making a secondary door to lock out employee's. Did this when I was making a separate room for when the kids get home from school and I bring them to the store because the parents won't be closing for a few more hours, let's me do their daily task and other misc things until I can close store.

Another thing I noticed (so far only had this happen once) but even though the lock is set to keep customers out, if your sim is beyond the door and you tell them to address a customer, it's possible for the customer to ignore the ruleset and walk through the locked door, if for what ever reason (AI logic has always been interesting in the game...) the customer is going to your sim instead of the other way around like they should be doing.
Lab Assistant
#523 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nedduts
I'm a little confused as it says to only download ONE of the files and I have no idea which.. I just want the simple locking doors (don't really care about the bathroom one) for use on my retail lot. Does anyone know which one I should download?

DoorLocks_v2.zip is the one you want. If you are using a mod manager, you'll need to make sure both files found inside are checked off and game is set to run custom scripts.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#524 Old 2nd May 2015 at 3:57 AM
OMG YAS TY
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#525 Old 2nd May 2015 at 6:57 AM
this is my first mod I downloaded thank you
Page 21 of 43