Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 8:38 PM
Default Can't rotate camera
Hi. yesterday I noticed I could not zoom in my sims in cas so I exited the game and decided to repair my game. I afterward checke my mouse and discovered a broken pivot which disabled the middle mouse button. As i repaired my game , i used another mouse and restarted the game. To my dismay I notice I can not rotate the camera anymore and the middle mouse button doesn't do anything anymore. I've been using sims 3 camera for years. I tried switching back and forth nada. On one occasion I got a notice from ww that game can not read my mods as well. I used revo unistaller to completly wipe sims 4 and reinstall without any mods. Same problem no middle mouse button function. I can hold down control and using right mouse button to rotate but that is not correct way. It seems like the mouse controls have been mixed up with key board buttons. Any one knows how to fix this? As of now i can't play this .

A couple of days ago I downloaded a sweetfx with ultra effect which I din't notice much difference testing with f12 trying many times without noticing any changes. maybe pressing on f12 resp. F10 messed up something with mouse setting. I read a lots of people have this problem after an older update 2019 yet found no answer and that's why I*m posting here. Please help if you can. I have an older window7 but untill yesterday when my mouse broke, I never had any problems like this.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by telefen
Hi. yesterday I noticed I could not zoom in my sims in cas so I exited the game and decided to repair my game. I afterward checke my mouse and discovered a broken pivot which disabled the middle mouse button. As i repaired my game , i used another mouse and restarted the game. To my dismay I notice I can not rotate the camera anymore and the middle mouse button doesn't do anything anymore. I've been using sims 3 camera for years. I tried switching back and forth nada. On one occasion I got a notice from ww that game can not read my mods as well. I used revo unistaller to completly wipe sims 4 and reinstall without any mods. Same problem no middle mouse button function. I can hold down control and using right mouse button to rotate but that is not correct way. It seems like the mouse controls have been mixed up with key board buttons. Any one knows how to fix this? As of now i can't play this .

A couple of days ago I downloaded a sweetfx with ultra effect which I din't notice much difference testing with f12 trying many times without noticing any changes. maybe pressing on f12 resp. F10 messed up something with mouse setting. I read a lots of people have this problem after an older update 2019 yet found no answer and that's why I*m posting here. Please help if you can. I have an older window7 but untill yesterday when my mouse broke, I never had any problems like this.

This is the way it all happened: I just wanna say this so it can give a pointer to others not to make the same mistake. For now I'm done with sims 4. In the beggining I missed my sims a lot but now I'm slowly getting over it as my main game is sims 2 where I can mesh and make recolors much easier. Anyway as I was saying it all started by my one year old mouse breaking down without me noticing so I couldn't use the middle mouse button to rotate the camera,. I was tired and the first thing came to my mind was to repair the game. That was a big mistake since I did not take out the mods folder and all my script files and what not got corrupted. Then I discovered there actually was something wrong with the mouse wheel as it was hanging loose. Too late as by this time I had already unintalled the whole game and lost my good looking sims. Yesterday I tried sims 3 with a reserve mouse and nada,same problem. I tried my sims 2 same thing so I figured either the reserve mouse push down middle button is broken or something has changed on my computer.
I went and bought a new mouse and thanks god everything works again. If I hadn't unistalled and repair the sims 4 everything would have been jolly. I'm sti ll a bit nervous though when I use the middle button. I know its silly but I'm sims addict and it really feels terrible when thing get messed up and you can't play your favorite game. I like sims 4 but i feel maxis could have done a better job with the graphics and the worlds.