Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#11876 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 4:11 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 6th Mar 2021 at 4:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You already can, if a child is taken they should be at the top of the list if another family adopts a child.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrpL3X44r4
Not sure why this would be unethical to pick the child?

Yes, but if there are many different children taken from different families and a family wants to pick the child, you know they will adopt the last one that was taken away.
They can't actually choose out of all those children.

Quote: Originally posted by Khal Ulti
Yes, it is possible to do so. I had a married couple who accidentally died in a domestic fire (thank you More Dangerous Fire mod); the children were taken away by the social worker and later their grandmother took them in custody.
I used the Sim Blender though. The children who have been taken away are available in the summon menu and then they can be moved in with their relatives. I suggest this method if the intention is to relocate a child in the family of their relatives, otherwise the adoption in-game would change the family ties.

That's very helpful! I didn't know they were available in the summon menu.
Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Not sure why this would be unethical to pick the child?

Some people might think that. I didn't want to get negative comments or open a discussion on that.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11877 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 5:55 PM
And I still think it would be awesome to have playables be assigned as social workers. Maybe have the job pop up with the rest of the random jobs, and it can be full-time or part-time. Maybe for example, Nina Caliente or Mary-Sue Pleasant can become social workers and the children they remove from houses can live with them. They get a daily stipend and don't have to go to work, and they get a bonus for each child under their care. That would kinda make them part foster parent, but that would be an acceptable break from reality, right? They would get enough money for house maintenance, food, toys, and other expenses for children under their care.
Field Researcher
#11878 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
It might sound unethical, but it's just to improve gameplay and writing stories:
I would like a mod that makes it possible so the child adoption works as the pet adoption.
When you adopt a pet, you can actually choose which pet from the pound you want to adopt.
Ot would be great if that were possible when adopting a child.
That way (for story purposes) when a child is taking away from the Broke family, another family can choose to adopt that Broke family child...
I hope I make any sense and again, I don't want to sound unethical or anything. It's just for gameplay.

This might not help in cases where they get taken by the social worker accidentally, but if you know it's going to happen, then before it does you can load up the family you want to have adopt them, then use the Sim Blender to teleport the child to the lot and adopt them into that family.

I'm not sure if this works if they have already been taken and are in the adoption pool, but it's worth a try!

My last BACC had frequent adoptions, but I didn't use the adoption pool. I had a group home for teens and an orphanage for younger kids. I used the Sim Blender to move the sims where they needed to be, and I allowed families to either foster or adopt a kid. (If they fostered them, the kid just lived there and I didn't use the Adopt function to change their family relations. Kind of cool if you don't want them forgetting their bio family.)
Mad Poster
#11879 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 10:13 PM
Yes, I frequently use the SimBlender to adopt children, move them into foster families or orphanages etc. Then you can either use the adopt function or keep their original family ties intact.

I can see it would be unethical to "choose" a child like you're choosing a pet, but even in real life it's considered important to try and match adoptive children with their new families carefully, as much as possible. For example, it can be helpful if a child has a heritage which is not of the country they live in, if they have an adoptive family with some link to that heritage. It's not always possible, and it's not the only way to keep up a link, but it's beneficial if that can happen. Other matching factors may be to do with the age and/or sex of children that the adoptive family already have, or the age of the adoptive parents vs the age of the child. Plus of course it's important that the adoptive parents make some connection with the child/ren. A total personality clash could be disastrous on all sides.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#11880 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 3:33 AM
Witch spell wants tied to witch alignment instead of mean/nice points. My good mean witches are awful thick on the ground, and it makes no sense for them to want to cast evil spells. Just because they don't take any nonsense doesn't make them evil! Likewise, being nice doesn't make a sim good, but potentially a passive aggressive ball of resentment.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#11881 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 10:13 AM
Saw this idea somewhere else and the more I think about it, the more I like it: having children and teens go to the library to do their homework.
Mad Poster
#11882 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Witch spell wants tied to witch alignment instead of mean/nice points. My good mean witches are awful thick on the ground, and it makes no sense for them to want to cast evil spells. Just because they don't take any nonsense doesn't make them evil! Likewise, being nice doesn't make a sim good, but potentially a passive aggressive ball of resentment.

This reminded me how my sim went actively against my wish. I started study her as good witch but she had only few nice points. So she started fight against me constantly rolling fear to make a good spell. I understood and respecialized her to be a evil witch. For everyone their own.
Mad Poster
#11883 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 8:37 PM
How about magical impregnation? Like, if a warlock is married to an old woman, he can cast a spell to make himself pregnant with her child. Yes I know we can have males get pregnant with selected sims' babies with other mods, but this would add some magic to it. Or maybe a spell to create a child - somewhat like adoption, but even Olive Specter can get herself a new bouncing baby to neglect if she chooses. It would be a neutral spell, perhaps? And maybe a spell to make the aliens obsessed with abducting target sim? Like, for three days, the aliens will pay *extra* close attention to any sim who was targeted with the abduction spell. Another spell could make the Pack Leader follow the target sim around every night for three nights, and be more receptive to friendly interactions.

And what if there was a spell to turn the Servos into flesh and blood sims? They would get the colour hair they were assigned when initialized, and a random skintone and eye colour.
Mad Poster
#11884 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 11:42 PM
I understand that spawn an aliens or Pack Leader or even Grand Vampire to target sims is probably evil spell but some wishes like have a baby with ... can be things for Genie.
Mad Poster
#11885 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
I understand that spawn an aliens or Pack Leader or even Grand Vampire to target sims is probably evil spell but some wishes like have a baby with ... can be things for Genie.

Or have the Genie generate a baby in front of the Sim? The Genie could either generate the baby by combining the genetics of two townies or the playable and their spouse. Maybe a random chance of generating a plantbaby, alien baby, or twins? And what if there was also a chance of the 'baby' being a puppy or kitten? The puppy could even be a wolf, complete with wolf personality.
Mad Poster
#11886 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Or have the Genie generate a baby in front of the Sim? The Genie could either generate the baby by combining the genetics of two townies or the playable and their spouse. Maybe a random chance of generating a plantbaby, alien baby, or twins? And what if there was also a chance of the 'baby' being a puppy or kitten? The puppy could even be a wolf, complete with wolf personality.

Yes, Genie has every kind of chance to fail.
Forum Resident
#11887 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 5:19 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 8th Mar 2021 at 5:33 AM.
I would like a mod that allows vampires to feed or kill other sims, there was one but I think it didn't work well (I tried it).
Also that aliens, werewolves and witches had more powers.
Mad Poster
#11888 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Yes, but if there are many different children taken from different families and a family wants to pick the child, you know they will adopt the last one that was taken away.
They can't actually choose out of all those children..

Turns out the mod I linked in Bigfoot's thread lets you choose infant or toddler sold to ogre to pick up.
Mad Poster
#11889 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 12:53 PM
I know this has been repeatedly mentioned, but just once more for fun:

I wish someone would please make a mod to prevent pixels from putting their babies on the floor!

For a game that has been modded so heavily and successfully by every single modder known in the community, this one freaking problem has never been solved, and it's still driving me crazy-if there's been a mod made that I don't know of, let me know-but this is the one last crazy-making problem the game has.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#11890 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 2:51 PM
Is there a mod thar can make a sim be COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY teacher/proffesor? Especially if a player wants to make new, custom university sub-neighborhood.

I want ti see/find conversion animation of SPEAREING FISH activity from CASTAWAY STORIES. I find it cool that sims can speare catch fishes.
Mad Poster
#11891 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 5:55 PM
How about a mod that allows players to direct sims to 'help with birthday' if there's no cake, and to in general fix the broken 'help with birthday'.
Field Researcher
#11892 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
How about a mod that allows players to direct sims to 'help with birthday' if there's no cake, and to in general fix the broken 'help with birthday'.

The Sims Blender has this function.
Mad Poster
#11893 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 7:15 PM
There is aging baby to toddler fix already https://modthesims.info/d/647130/aging-mods.html and it really works.
Test Subject
#11894 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 5:17 PM
i would love to see a ts2 mod that didn't allow NPC gardeners (and landlords) to deal with harvestable garden patches. I like to have my sims build their gardening badges, but have the gardener deal with the flowers and shrubs, especially on my larger lots with lots of plants.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11895 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sld1993
i would love to see a ts2 mod that didn't allow NPC gardeners (and landlords) to deal with harvestable garden patches. I like to have my sims build their gardening badges, but have the gardener deal with the flowers and shrubs, especially on my larger lots with lots of plants.
For the landlords:
https://modthesims.info/d/602833
Field Researcher
#11896 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 6:15 PM
@Lena88
You're in luck! There are lots of CC foods that can be put into the refrigerator for food points. Try making a thread in WCIF so that people can direct you to some.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11897 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
I want ti see/find conversion animation of SPEAREING FISH activity from CASTAWAY STORIES. I find it cool that sims can speare catch fishes.
There is a mod that takes the sim off world to Go Hunting.
Mad Poster
#11898 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 8:48 PM
There is one thing that if it were ever made, would make the game so much more fun: actual games being played by more than 2 players.

Just imagine: Tennis with 2 or 4 players, football or baseball with a full set of teams, ditto for soccer. With stadiums full of fans, it would literally make the game irresistible because you could actually use the hobbies and sports intensively.

And I'm not even a sports fan! (except for the Red Sox, but that's my only sin.)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#11899 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 9:04 PM
It's now (almost) possible to have story progression i the game.
I would love to have a way to see the budget, income and expenses of a family and every individual sim in the family.
A bit like in the sims1, but more advanced.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Forum Resident
#11900 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 1:29 AM
I kinda wish there was a way to give sims "eternal fears", to put it bluntly

When a family member dies, sims only go into red aspiration if they had a fear for it, which at least to me is pretty rare, and without that it's like the death didn't even happen. I usually cheat everyone affected into red aspiration because of this, and with a mod to bring down their mood because of the aspiration, it plays like a small grieving period of sorts. Same thing with demotions and cheating, rare fears, no repercussions when they happen otherwise.

I have the cheat for it, but I kinda wish it became automatic. If that makes sense.
Page 476 of 577