Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#101 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 10:47 AM
Global Mods -> TS3 Script Mod has been added as a category, and the wiki updated.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Theorist
#102 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 1:59 PM
Awesome, thanks a lot :D
Banned
#103 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 7:25 AM
For the Sims 3, I think it would be helpful to still require .package format, but for those who prefer sims3pack format on meshes, clothing, and things, allow an option to also allow sims3packs as well as .packages. People sometimes prefer sims3packs because you easily see pictures of the content, and you can see it all there in the launcher before you start the game, also if you package a mesh or clothing, or other CAS item with a sim or lot, it will include it in that sim or lot. I personally prefer .packages, but I think that for sims3pack fans it would certainly be helpful. I know I always include both a .package and a sims3pack in all my files on other sites now, because some people go for those more than others.
Instructor
#104 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 9:02 AM
This is probably too late to be very useful for TS2 stuff, but it might prevent some of the frustrations of the past as TS3 accumulates expansions. Would it be possible to add to the creator policy section an option for "You may update my content for future expansions" or something to that effect? Perhaps with the qualifier, "...if I become inactive"? I see nothing that addresses this issue in the current default policy section, and in fact, nothing that deals specifically with mods at all.
Banned
#105 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 4:32 AM
To go along with what Ambular said, I think something in the global policy under my meshes: You may convert my meshes for TS3. You may NOT convert my meshes for TS3. And for those who convert the other way: You may convert my meshes for TS2. You may NOT convert my meshes for TS2. I think that would be extremely helpful instead of asking people for permission to convert their meshes between games, it's all right there in plain text.
Site Helper
#106 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 2:03 PM
Anywhere else that you have extra images you can post them as off-site thumbnail links and they don't count as inline images. The Upload Wizard could make it a bit clearer for first-time users that it is different for your uploads. I got caught by that. (badly)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#107 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 11:46 PM
Maybe Have a Section under objects called Business Objects ?
Banned
#108 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:06 PM Last edited by joninmobile : 3rd Jul 2010 at 9:21 PM.
I would love to see a section for The Sims 3 walls and floors, just putting them in Build Mode/Misc. doesn't make much sense to me. I think it was because at the time sims 3 categories were being made, no one was aware of how to make walls and floors, but now we know.

Edit to add another suggestion:

Only for creators viewing their own threads - I would love it if we could see who all is currently viewing the download thread. I don't think the whole site should be able to see that part, only the creators of the download.
Page 5 of 5