Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 9:07 AM
Default Welcome to the first MTS 2010 Creator Challenge!
Hi All,

We haven't seen a challenge here on MTS for quite some time, but now, with the maturity of a lot of the Sims 3 creation processes, we can finally have a challenge that incoporates both games... So, without further ado, I present to you:

The MTS Medieval / Renaissance Challenge

I realise that there have been quite a lot of Sims 2 medieval items, buildings and Sims made, but now is your chance to use 5 years of experience to make the best ever items, or if you are new, why not try out something challenging?

This is your chance to try out something new - maybe make some patterns instead of sims, or a lot instead of patterns, or perhaps try out an object or two?

Sims, lots, objects, anything is possible - use your imagination!

This challenge is open until 17th April 2010 at midnight CET, then voting will commence. Winners will get an achievement on thier profile.

Please note: When uploading for this challenge, upload to the normal area of the site where you will find the normal downloads but make sure to add a keyword of "medieval challenge" - this is found on the page in the upload wizard just after the main text entry.

We look forward to seeing your submissions!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
69 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 2:40 PM
Yay a challenge! Is this like other challenges where we could do multiple submissions? (Good timing by the way - lots of holiday days coming up).

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 2:45 PM
Yup, you can submit as many items to the challenge theme as you want.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 2:59 PM
This sounds amazing! I have never entered any challenge, and this one really matches my style, but sadly I decided to take a big break from sims. Maybe, if I decide to play it again, maybe I will upload something. But I'm not really sure.

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 3:34 PM
Yesterday I uploaded something medieval that hasnt been approved/rejected yet - any way to get that in the challenge?

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 5:23 PM
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 5:52 PM
What excellent timing Sunni!!

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 5:57 PM
Yeah, I just got into making my medieval themed hood....It's like they're reading my mind lol!

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#9 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 7:07 PM
This sounds fun! I'm looking forward to seeing what everybody comes up with.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Helptato
#10 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 8:19 PM
Oooh *runs off to get inspiration*

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 11:46 PM
is it for sims 3 or 2
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 3:01 AM
Does Elizabethan/Tudor count? or is this strictly Medieval and Renaissance?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 5:18 AM
I was under the impression that the Elizabethan and Tudors fall under Medieval. I have seen Tudor referred to as Medieval Revival. But I could be wrong (there are precedents).

Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 5:31 AM
Yay, challenge! Time to get to work, I guess.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#15 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yorkielove1
is it for sims 3 or 2
It's for Both.

Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
we can finally have a challenge that incoporates both games

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BandoGurl4515
Does Elizabethan/Tudor count? or is this strictly Medieval and Renaissance?

For a really rough guideline - I would say if men wore tights as part of their everyday dress = in the timeframe. That makes Tudor in, Stuarts after James the first/sixth = out.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 2:53 AM
thx modhughson
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 10:49 AM
Woohoo! Medieval challenge! I'm in!

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Banned
#19 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 6:39 PM
I'm so excited! I missed the challenges so much, thanks so very much Delphy and staff! .
#20 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 7:23 PM
Thank you all so much, I was really missing the challenges.
Theorist
#21 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 5:46 PM
YAY! I really was just thinking the other day how much I wish there was more medieval stuff!

I don't know if I'll be able to submit anything but we'll see

Hi I'm Paul!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#22 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 9:59 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! =DD I'm so excited with this!! Thanks a lot!! ^-^

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Instructor
#23 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 10:10 PM
Oh, can't wait! I will be submitting for sure!
Inventor
#24 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 10:47 PM
yay! I always wanted to participate in one of MTS challenges!
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 10:51 PM

This is ironic...Just heard about the Medieval Challenge this morning...The motivation to complete my medieval project has been waivering especially since the hubby and I have been traveling for the past 2 weeks. It's good to be home...and I decided to make my medieval project my goal and complete it by my birthday...which is April 24th...Perhaps this will make me finish my medieval project a bit ahead of schedule for the Challenge...We shall see...This project has had a long history and it's something I must have closure on...Yes...we shall see!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Page 1 of 7