Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 10:38 AM
Default Scorecard graphs temporarily broken
Hi All,

You may have noticed that the scorecard graphs haven't shown any data since the 23rd or 24th November. This is entirely deliberate, and is due to transitioning to a new graph system in the coming week or so.

Apologies for the delay in letting everybody know - other things (like broken pages, threads not refreshing etc) kind of got in the way.

Please be patient while I work on the new system. If anybody has any suggestions for new graphs, or any improvements to the scorecard graphs in general, we'd like to hear your comments.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Wiki Wizard
#2 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 2:00 PM
I think this is somewhat related to the scorecard, but I was wondering if there would be any change to the download count displayed on users profiles. Currently each day if I access my profile then my DL count is around 150k, however is i click on 'scorecard' and then go back to my profile my DL count goes up to 190k, i think that it misses out my group project downloads but seemingly remembers them when i look at my scorecard. Each day it resets itself again, i have noticed it on a lot of other profiles too, they download counts might differ by 200k during 2 times of the day.

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 3:31 PM
DD: You are right in thinking that the group downloads affects the user download count. The daily user statistics run does not include the linked nicks in the statistics, hence why the total downloads goes down from whats on the scorecard (which does include modding groups).

I'll add this to my list of things to fix.

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:05 PM
Not related to the graph but just a wish list kind of thing: it would be nice if there was a way to see when a new comment had been added to an upload thread. I have quite a lot of uploads and rarely know with the less recent ones (without going through each one) if there are new comments. Maybe a little icon displaying by the relevant item in the list view when there's something new?
Inventor
#5 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by devagirl2
Not related to the graph but just a wish list kind of thing: it would be nice if there was a way to see when a new comment had been added to an upload thread. I have quite a lot of uploads and rarely know with the less recent ones (without going through each one) if there are new comments. Maybe a little icon displaying by the relevant item in the list view when there's something new?

I'm not sure if this this what you are asking for but have you looked at: user links - my feedback.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:27 PM
You can also add that to your MyMTS layout.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 11:18 PM
Thank you both, I'd never seen that before!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 3:30 AM
I would like to know what everybody else's download count is. Well thats my wish list.
Here is what I think might be helpful to me. 1) Let's say I have uploaded some wallpaper. Next to the download count for the day, I would like my percentage based on all wallpaper downloaded that day on the whole site. So if my percentage in that category is very low, it could indicate that there was not alot of interest for my upload. And the reverse would be a high percentage means a popular upload.
Than I would like to know which wallpaper had the highest and lowest percentage. As a creator, this would give me some guidance as to what people are looking for. I know that newly posted creations get the most downloads so I dont know how practical this would be to implement. But it would be awesome

2) I think there should be some voting system on an upload the way there is on a post. But instead of agree, disagree helpful etc, it should be related to the upload. For instance, Useful, Not practical, etc. And this would add up in the creators statistics. Just saying thanks is kinda useless. Most people dont even bother

That is all
Thanks for asking
Jen

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
Abraham Lincoln
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:04 AM
devagirl2 Aren't you subscribed to all your threads? You can look at User Links -> Subscribed Threads. (Or just use Feedback if you only want to see your own threads.)

Delphy Thanks for making the graph DB stuff more efficient, much appreciated.

In Creator Stats, would it be possible to see stats for just the most downloaded file in a multi-file thread? Here's why. Suppose I have a thread with *two* files, a mesh and recolors. And I have another thread with a mesh and recolors all in *one* file. Which thread had more downloads?

Thread A
mesh file 50 downloads
recols file 48 downloads

Thread B
mesh+recols file 75 downloads

Thread A has 98 total downloads, while thread B has 75, but only 50 people downloaded thread A stuff. So thread B really has more downloaders than thread A.

I like the monthly graph the way it is, but again, would like to see numbers based on most downloaded file per thread, not all files per thread. These changes would give creators lower download counts, but I don't care about that. I would rather have meaningful numbers than big numbers.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 9:28 AM
Miss Simpleton, you can already see how many total downloads a user has - it's on thier profile under the avatar.

As for the statistic of "percentage based on all other downloads of that type"... well, thats actually kind of hard to do. Simple to explain, but hard to do in code.

We regards to a "voting" system... Not sure how useful that would be to the actual creator? Becuase then as soon as somebody clicks a "negative" button they will wonder who, why, etc. More trouble than it's worth I think.

Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 7:09 PM
Cat of Evil Genius: I fully agree with you, but your situation is different than mine. You "Thread A" example represents a multi-part download. That is, in order to have a fully working download, I need to download all of the files.

I have a thread which have three files, which are all different versions of the same mod. A visitor will only download one of the three, not all three. In this case, the total count for all three files is my actual score.

I agree with your suggestion, but I would then suggest that a new option is added to a download, so that an uploader can tell if the engine should count the total of all downloads of all files, or only the total for the file with the most downloads.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 12:05 PM Last edited by hatthecat123 : 22nd Dec 2010 at 12:21 AM.
Default foolish asumptions and most likely misspellings (face palm)
what would be good was if there also was a total on "Faves" for creations on the downloads table, also the last couple of times i've gone onto the site i've noticed a lot of the links on the top bar (the one with like user name, home, downloads, create and stuff on it which mini menus come off) aren't working, when you click on them you go down the page like if you were clicking on the scroll bar...might be a vista/chrome thing.
sorry this sounds kinda complaintive, but yeah thanks for running such a fab site, curtsies to delphy sitting on *their* cybernetic throne. haha(akward laughter) sorry bout that.

A good friend of mine once said "Pythagorain Circles, that's just what life is.", when you think about this it doesn't make sense...well neither does life.
Not actually evil.
#13 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 7:47 PM
hatthecat123 It's *his* cybernetic throne, not her. I'm sure he appreciates your thanks nonetheless.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 8:02 PM
btw, graphs will be back soon... better than ever... and now in real time.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#15 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 8:13 PM
*sprinkles the appropriate amount of added UNF on D's post, 'cause the new graphs really are sexy*

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Graphs are working again