Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Hanging with the Gnomies
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 5:06 PM
Default Monthly Theme - Childhood
Hello!

We have a new theme for you guys!

Childhood!

Babies, toddlers, children, why not even teens, need your attention! Generations gave us a lot of new stuff for our kids, but we think they need more!

How to take part?
Make a Childhood-themed upload. It can be anything - a lot, a sim, clothes, furniture, whatever comes to your mind, as long as it has something to do with the theme.

The upload process goes the way it normally does. You include required pictures, files, information... The only new requirement is that you include some of the following tags to your upload search keywords:
  • "theme-Childhood"
  • "Childhood"
  • "theme"

How long is the theme active?

The Childhood theme starts today, September 1st 2011 - and ends September 30th 2011.

Have fun with the new theme!

We also had some really nice uploads on the last theme. Here are few examples, check them out!

ImageCreatorDownload link
heaven_sent_8_18Series of 6 Fallout 3 Homes
Sophie-DavidApocalyptic Effects & Trashamatic Recolours with Decorative Junk
4 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 5:12 PM
OMG - I haven't finished all the apocalypse stuff yet..... FLAIL

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 5:50 PM
This is a cool idea i say someone should make powdered wigs and hoopskirts for little girls i'd love that XD im going to try and make some daycare lot for this :D
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
OMG - I haven't finished all the apocalypse stuff yet..... FLAIL

I know the feeling. It's okay if some apocalypse stuff shows up late, right? I mean, if society breaks down, it's not as if we can go out and buy new watch batteries, cell phones, or whatever. The manufacturer of calendars burned down in the riots and looting.

So keeping to a tight schedule is hard in the post-apocalypse era. Sure, we have night/day and "if it's hot, it must be summer else it's a miserable winter" as guidelines for our sense of time, but there is bound to be some relaxation in our sense of time. So surely some things showing up later is okay, right? :D

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 7:37 PM
Yea, I think its OK if we upload AFTER the theme "deadline" - the idea is to give us some inspiration - ideas of things to make, rather than just NOPE, too late, the apocalypse ended yesterday kind of thing :p

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 7:44 PM
Yeah, some of our uploads have sparked others to create as well, theirs would be coming in later, and my upload sparked a couple other ideas for myself as well.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 8:03 PM
too late, the apocalypse ended yesterday
I can't decide if missing out on the apocalypse is good or bad.

Hmm, maybe this challenge will inspire me to get off my lazy behind and complete that Trek teddy bear I've been working on for an embarrassingly long time...
Scholar
#8 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 10:35 PM
Sounds like a great theme, this one has to be my favorite so far.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 2:25 AM
Interesting idea for a theme...and I actually might have something ready to upload for it this time!

Live. Laugh. Love. Sim.
Scholar
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 10:10 AM
Ooh, this is right up my alley. Might have to submit something (if I get the time).

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NixNivis

Hmm, maybe this challenge will inspire me to get off my lazy behind and complete that Trek teddy bear I've been working on for an embarrassingly long time...

Teddy in StarTrek outfit = WANT

Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 2:20 PM
Teddy in StarTrek outfit = WANT
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of Flotter (you know, like the one Naomi Wildman has in VOY), but darn you, Lee, now you've made me want to make litte Starfleet teddies, too. I'd say this challenge is working like a charm already.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 2:30 PM
Yay for inspiration!! I made my upload already, is in the queue and I'm waiting with my dripping nose pressed on the screen for it to get approved :P
Instructor
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 7:47 PM
Is clothes are part of the theme? i have punch of kids&teens outfits. i may put them in the Creator guideline as my first upload
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 7:51 PM
All areas are valid as part of the theme - if you can relate it to children in some way, it can be in the theme.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:13 AM
i think i might want to start creating for this game now. tried before and gave up. you all are quite inspirational.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 4:08 AM
Cool! I'm always looking for inspiration!

Dedicated to Tuning and Tweaking the Sims 3
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 3:55 PM
Someone should make a mod that lets toddlers go to community lots!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 5:07 PM
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 7:45 PM
The first thing that come in my mind are toys, specialty old toys.
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 4:09 PM
Wow! I wish i could make something! I fail like really fail at meshs and all that stuff.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#22 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 1:34 AM
I am soooo far behind! My life is too busy to play much.. Darn it! I have some big real-life projects to push out the door first..still have to find time to redo my fitness shirts. lol Then convert that spring draggy thingy for TS3.... This time I can add fire-breathing!... But probably not in time for the kids theme. lol..... I can't wait for TS3 PETS! and HORSES! I I Time to reactivate N8tiveSims mod group! lol
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#23 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LollipopQueen
Wow! I wish i could make something! I fail like really fail at meshs and all that stuff.

We ALL have rather fantabulous fails! Try, try again! Don't give up! I still get rejected but I come back for more punishment anyway. ;0)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#24 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Yay for inspiration!! I made my upload already, is in the queue and I'm waiting with my dripping nose pressed on the screen for it to get approved :P

ahahahaha ... uh YUCK! Approve her quick before she gums up the whole window!
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 2:35 PM
Haha...yes...i uploaded mine! Also check youtube and search Didn't you know sims 2, it's a series im working on!
Page 1 of 2