Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 8:24 PM
Start your own village challenge!
Hello everyone! I'm not too sure if there's already a "challenge" like this one, if there is I do apologize. There aren't very many rules, only a few.

Starting Your Village
To start, create a sim in CAS. You can make the aspiration whatever you'd like. (My starting sim was a painter) And they must be outgoing, they will also be a mayor and must become friends with everyone who moves into your village.

Next, you will move them into the largest possible lot. You can cheat for money to build a fence around the lot, then use the money cheat to set your funds to 3000. Use this however you'd like, but you must have a restroom, a bed, and a kitchen area with a fridge + stove/microwave. You will also need enough money for a skill building item that can make you money (painting is the easiest, but you can also be a writer if you'd like)

Adding workers to your village

Next, you will need to make enough money with your skill buidling item to build a small living area for your next "important" sim. You can then use sims.spawn (I believe that's the cheat, I can't remember at the moment) to move them in. (The only issue with this is once you exceed 8 sims, you can no longer edit their clothing or hair, so hopefully they don't look to ridiculous)

Your options are:
Fisherman - You can use buydebug to place a pond by their living area.

Farmer - I like to use terrain painting to create a dirt area behind them for crops.

Scientist/Doctor - This sim will need all of the logic skill building items, as well as an area attached to their home with beds and cribs, which will be used for future pregnant village citizens to have their children.

Carpenter - This sim will use the woodworking table to make certain objects for your future villagers, but they can also be sold.

Painter/Writer - Depending on which you started with, you will also need to build a living space for the other skill builder.

Entertainer/Priest - This sim will need an area for a mic or instruments, with chairs for citizens to sit and enjoy. This could also be a church, where your sims will worship the great llama hedge. (I find this makes it a bit more realistic, as most small villages have a place of worship, but this is only optional) This room should go in front of their living space.

Mixologist - This sim will need a bar attached to their living quarters.

Teacher - You will need to build a classroom with children's skill building objects.

If you come up with anymore "important" sims, or more arise in future expansion packs, you can add those into the challenge as well.

Welcoming New Sims

Once you have all of your workers moved in with a proper living space, you may begin to add in new citizens using the spawn cheat, or you can lock sims from the neighborhood in, depending on how you'd like to go about it.

Before you add in citizens, you must build them a place to live! You should build a large living space with a cafeteria, family room, entertainment area, children's area, library and as many bedrooms and bathrooms as you'd like. I like to build one large group bathroom, but this is up to you.

If you have a cheat for it (I'm not sure of the link right off hand) you can also have citizens of the village have children, which will stay in their room with them, or you can create one large room for all children. Once again, up to you.

Rules

There are only a few rules, most are optional.

You may not add citizens until all workers are moved in

Your pregnant citizens must go to the scientist/doctors office and give birth there. The babies will then have to stay in the nursery where the doctor will take care of them until they age up to children.

The workers may not stay in the community living area.

You do not have to pay bills, and you may cheat for money to build the community living area, but I find it's much more of a challenge to save money up to build it.

The sim you started this challenge with must cook and clean up after the citizens, unless you'd like to add a chef and maid to the list of workers.

There are no rules on who you can or can not play, but you are not allowed to direct the civilians to cook, clean, or use the restroom. These are all things they can do on their own.

Children and teens may not go to school. They must go to the village classroom where they will build a skill of your choice, or have the teacher read to them for 5 sim hours. (I also like to create homework for them, such as writing a book, painting, or reading)

The goal of this challenge is to have all of your workers reach level 10 in their skill, and have a large functioning village!

---
That's about all I have for this challege! If you have an idea for a point system, I'd love to hear it. The challenge may, and probably will be buggy, especially with all the cheats and mods used. Play at your own risk, I suppose.

If you'd like photos of my village to get an idea of how it works, I'd love to show it to you! This can also be converted to a sims 3 challenge, it may work better there anyway. Thanks everyone and happy simming!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 5:23 PM
quite good..... Just Mabe You Should Have a Place And See What The Sims Are Into...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 7:19 PM
Does buydebug work for sims 4?

Once the can is open - The worms are free!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ethyrdude
Does buydebug work for sims 4?

It's bb.showhiddenobjects, I believe. Then once that's typed in you go to the search in buy mode and type "debug"
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 5:32 PM
point system:
+100 for one baby
+200 for twins
+300 for triplets
+50 for a infant growing into child
+100 for a child growing into teen
+10 for village homework completed
-10 if homework is skipped
+50 for sucsessful pregnancy
-50 for unsuccsessful pregnancy
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thankucatgod
It's bb.showhiddenobjects, I believe. Then once that's typed in you go to the search in buy mode and type "debug"

it is
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 4:27 AM
I found the mod I was talking about where you can try for baby in an overstuffed household. It's by claudiasharon here on modthesims!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 4:01 AM
While I was playing I got the idea to create an art gallery! With the new basement tool I figured I could place her living space and studio under the gallery.