Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 9:43 PM Last edited by GabyPurpleB : 6th Jan 2020 at 1:01 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can't install Origin version on MacOS X Lion(10.7.5)
I just got an iMac 17-inch, Late 2006. And I love playing Sims 3 on it, I was using my original discs for installing Sims 3 on it with no problems. But I want to install Sims 3 Supernatural and apparently my disc is damaged
So I finally decided to get Origin on my iMac but when I try to install anything for Sims 3 I get met with this message
Does the latest Sims 3 version for Mac doesn't support Lion?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 1:01 AM
So I accidentally figured it out. I decided to play it while waiting for answers after I left the game and opened Origin, for my pleasant surprise it now recognized and I am now installing Sims 3 Supernatural! Anyway thanks to all people that at least bothered to view my question
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 2:08 PM
As I recall, the current version of Origin for Mac requires Mountain Lion (10.8) or higher. That's not to say it can't possibly work by accident on Lion as you have seen, but it's not supported that way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jan 2020 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
As I recall, the current version of Origin for Mac requires Mountain Lion (10.8) or higher. That's not to say it can't possibly work by accident on Lion as you have seen, but it's not supported that way.
Yeah I got the older version compatible with Lion
Screenshots