Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More BITS! An Overhaul of The Sims 3's Soundtrack

by mypantsfelldown Posted 25th Dec 2019 at 6:25 PM - Updated 7th Aug 2023 at 2:23 AM by mypantsfelldown

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 7:00 PM
Is there a playlist somewhere so I can hear the new music? Either way, great work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Is there a playlist somewhere so I can hear the new music? Either way, great work.

You can find all of the new music in this playlist. I did consciously disregard some songs because they were a bit too out there for my tastes. I can add them upon request, though.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 9:37 PM
Make that most of them.....some of these don't even sound like The Sims at all. What a shame, I thought it'd be more of the same but I think there's only 2 or 3 songs on that entire soundtrack that sound like TS3. Thanks for the mod, anyway. Appreciate it regardless!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Make that most of them.....some of these don't even sound like The Sims at all. What a shame, I thought it'd be more of the same but I think there's only 2 or 3 songs on that entire soundtrack that sound like TS3. Thanks for the mod, anyway. Appreciate it regardless!

In the next couple of days I'm going to work on a version that includes the individual files, like the basegame download. To be honest, I didn't quite like any of Junkie's music when I first heard it, but it slowly grew on me, like a lot. imo, it's the same as the music he made for the Sims 2: it's not quite the same style, it's jarring, but it brings a whole new sound to the game that complements it quite well. Obviously, it's all completely subjective of course.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 7:12 AM
Great idea! Thank you.
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 1:07 PM
Will the mod support ITF music? It's my favorite expansion pack and it has the best music for me. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nikodemonek
Will the mod support ITF music? It's my favorite expansion pack and it has the best music for me. Thanks!

Unfortunately ITF never got an official music release. I don't believe that expansion came with any non-stereo music, so perhaps you are mistaking something from a different pack? There have been a few releases of stereo music from other packs, however, and I'm currently working on getting those into the game.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 10:38 AM
The mods goes to packages folder or Overrides folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Afiz
The mods goes to packages folder or Overrides folder?

The overrides folder, as the mod overrides the game's mp3 files.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 3:35 PM
Oh sorry, I forgot. Really good mod tho. Thanks! P.S: I think many people would like island paradise.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mypantsfelldown
Unfortunately ITF never got an official music release. I don't believe that expansion came with any non-stereo music, so perhaps you are mistaking something from a different pack? There have been a few releases of stereo music from other packs, however, and I'm currently working on getting those into the game.

As far as I know, there is only one track that comes with ITF that is not a station music. It is a loading screen music that loops, and it is always played while traveling to the future. And it also has a chance to play in normal loading screens as well. Other than that I don't think there is any in that pack. Thank you for this mod btw, I really appreciate it

Edit: The music I am talking about is this
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nikodemonek
Oh sorry, I forgot. Really good mod tho. Thanks! P.S: I think many people would like island paradise.

I would too! Island Paradise never saw a music release. It's such a shame, the music from that pack is so wonderful.

Quote: Originally posted by bergin
As far as I know, there is only one track that comes with ITF that is not a station music. It is a loading screen music that loops, and it is always played while traveling to the future. And it also has a chance to play in normal loading screens as well. Other than that I don't think there is any in that pack. Thank you for this mod btw, I really appreciate it

Oh, that's interesting. I always thought that song came with Island Paradise, it doesn't sound all that futuristic to me! There are quite a few loading screen musics that weren't released, and it's quite sad really. Not even the basegame loading screen was.
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 2:39 PM
The idea is really cool and I'd love to use the mod. Unfortunately the mod seems to increase my loading times from just a couple of minutes from game boot to household, to tens of minutes yet still stuck in loading to the world. Both, the black screen before any intros and the game world loading times just blew up. I downloaded all the files, if that makes a difference.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Plumbot
The idea is really cool and I'd love to use the mod. Unfortunately the mod seems to increase my loading times from just a couple of minutes from game boot to household, to tens of minutes yet still stuck in loading to the world. Both, the black screen before any intros and the game world loading times just blew up. I downloaded all the files, if that makes a difference.

I would highly recommend merging all of the package files if you know how. Also ensuring that compression is disabled when merging can help a lot with loading times and/or lag. If all goes accordingly, I will soon update the mod with additional stereo musics, and I will provide links to combined package files. These added tracks will take up a lot more space, but I've re-encoded all of the music to use variable bitrate instead of constant bitrate to save as much space as possible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I actually wasn't going to download this b/c I'm so sick of TS3 music and honestly I can't tell the difference between 192 and 320. However, reading the comments, I realized you are actually using different music from the release, I just have to try it. It's fantastic! I'm just going through the basegame right now, already can tell the difference. You should mention it in your description b/c this is far more than just more bits, but actually new music.

Very nice! Thanks a lot for your hard work!

Edit:
I should report that it takes my game super long time to load. I don't know if that is normal. I downloaded all the music files (except supernatural) and it typically takes 6 minutes to load a game, with the music files it was going on 30+ minutes. I have run alternative TS3 music from the other creator for a while and did not have this issue.

Thank you! It is mentioned in the description, but maybe I should make it a little more obvious. Regarding the loading time, I strongly advise merging all of the music into one package file. Do you have a lot of other custom content? Are you on a HDD or an SSD? My game seems completely fine, and I've got a good 5gb of CC in addition to this mod, but that is after merging the package files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 12:22 PM
I don't have a lot of CCs but I am on a HDD. Is it possible to merge all the music? b/c of the audt file, some of them uses the same file name. Also, how would I go about merging them? S3PE? I think it would help to merge the basegame music b/c they're all individual.

The only tracks that use AUDTUN files are the Junkie XL tracks, and those are all in the same package anyway. Merging everything with S3PE should be fine, just ensure that you have compression disabled when importing all of the packages, as this can add to load time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 3:36 PM Last edited by mypantsfelldown : 3rd Nov 2020 at 11:54 PM.
Combined Package File Download
Here you can find a download for the combined package file featuring all of the music in this mod. This includes all of the extras and you must have all the required expansions installed!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 3:39 PM
Thanks! I seem to be able to merge all them except the basegame individual ones? S3PE won't open them.

Edit:
Hi, I did more testing. Apparently it is the "basegame" music files that is causing the load time problems. Once I removed them, the game runs fine even with all the expansion and the extra loop/junkie music.

That's... Really weird. I originally created those package files by exporting them to individual packages in S3PE, so it might be some kind of glitch. I've just updated the mod with completely new files, so they should work now if you download them again.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mypantsfelldown
Here you can find a download for the combined package file featuring all of the music in this mod. This includes all of the extras and you must have all the required expansions installed!

Thank You so much for this all in one package mod so no need to install all separate files. New updated works perfect now
Theorist
#25 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 9:48 PM
Hi, I like this. What file contains only the new tracks?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Page 1 of 3