Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 4:43 AM Last edited by bobgrey1997 : 7th Mar 2020 at 1:23 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Constrain Floor Elevation Leaving Floating Phantom Ceilings
Not entirely sure if this is the "proper" place for this. If not, please feel free to move or let me know so I can move/repost it to where it belongs. This not exactly an gameplay, performance, or other issue with the game content itself. It is more an odd/annoying bug/glitch I have noticed over the years related to a game console command, and seeking a solution finally.

The issue at hand is that when using the CFE (constrainfloorelevation false) command to be able to raise/lower wall heights, it often leaves this odd graphical issue behind, most often on the OUTSIDE of the structure. When viewed from one side, you see a "ceiling" (much like you do when zooming into a room and looking across it at eye-level). However, there is no floor above and when viewed from the other side it doesn't exist. To my knowledge, this causes no routing issues, and Sims can walk right through it. However, this is VERY annoying. Is there a way to remove or fix these, short of simply rebuilding the structure?
Below are some images of this occurring on the northern wall of my house, taken from various points to show their location and the one-sided nature of them.

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 4:56 AM
If you get it at the right angle, the hammer tool will get rid of it. But they aren’t exclusively caused by CFE; I never use that cheat and I get those things on occasion.

goderguy
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 5:08 AM
I have gotten them randomly also and the sledgehammer deletes them just fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 5:10 AM
Nice! Thank you for the extremely fast response! I remember always trying the hammer tool, but never could get a good angle, I guess. The color of them also doesn't help (the highlight that happens when you have the hammer tool over it is barely noticeable from the normal color). I managed to get them this time! I had one that I just could not get at the right angle for. It was the far left edge of the lower cluster (covering the porch next to the garage). I had to take out a few wall segments from the garage and then take out part of the slab of the porch, then position the camera inside the garage. Finicky. I even went around the rest of the house and found a few more (one on the front roof line, only visible when looking over the top of the roof from the back, so not a big deal) and removed the rest of them.
Got it now, though. Thanks for the help!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 7:03 AM
They are ceiling tiles, but with no floor above. A normal ceiling tiles is nothing more than the underside of a floor tile. Deleting one deletes the other just like placing one places the other. I have not noticed any missing floors in my house after removing these. If I do, it should be as simple as placing a new floor there.