Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2022 at 4:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default tiny low resolution UI?
I recently got the itch to start playing this game again, but now I have a modern gaming laptop so I thought it would eat this game from 2009 for breakfast. Famous last words, amirite? So I looked up current advice and altered the config to allow for more ram to be used by the game, I got the optimizer and set it to 500 and the fps to 60 (probably upping the tps to 750 after I close up), but I have a strange problem and I'm not sure what it's stemming from. I set my screen to 1920x1080 which is what I normally play games at and is one of the options on the list. However, the UI is super tiny and hard to read. It's like the resolution of the UI didn't change when I set the game to 1920x1080 from 800x600. How can I fix this? It's driving me nuts.
Screenshots

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 2nd May 2022 at 4:16 AM
So what is your screen size? In the game settings you can adjust your screen size and I set it to the highest and that worked. Just start with adjusting it first from the game UI versus adjusting from your computer settings.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2022 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
So what is your screen size? In the game settings you can adjust your screen size and I set it to the highest and that worked. Just start with adjusting it first from the game UI versus adjusting from your computer settings.

That's what I did. The game loaded automatically at 800 x 600 and I switched it to be 1920 x 1080 using the game settings.

@nitromon Will do next time I play.

Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2022 at 2:34 PM
Device name Asus Lap
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd May 2022 at 6:21 PM
Well, I feel dumb. I posted about my problem on the Sims 3 Stragglers Discord Server and someone asked if I have it in windowed mode. I put it into full screen and the UI is fine. Makes for annoying multi-tasking though.