Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Milk Bottle Apartment Door Model Changer

by leefish Posted 7th Dec 2008 at 12:55 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2013 at 9:35 PM by leefish : Added clarification regarding deletion of bottle after use

103 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 8:43 PM
Hi Levini. I am sorry, but I don't know what to say....The good news is it is NOT Inges sectionals (I have those and no conflict). I did notice that you have Mansion and Garden, and I made this before Mansion and Garden came out and due to PC issues I do not have M and G installed.

This is a global hack, but in a very small way - I cannot say what is conflicting so I cant really help. If you discover that it is the Mansion and Garden EP that is causing this please let me know.

The only way to really find out what the conflict is would be to remove all hacks and load them up one by one until you find the one that is conflicting. The reason I believe it to be one hack is that there have been many downloads of this item and you are the first to have an issue. Try removing hacks NEWER than the bottle and see what happens.

Again, I am very sorry about this problem.

Lee

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
#77 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 10:39 PM
its okLeester i do have Mansion and garden and i figured out the problem my friend emailed me 2 different Vampire eye default replacements which were causing the crash (dont ask how It just was and i figured out why they say to not mix default replacements of the same kind together ) I tested it without all of the defaults i found in my donloads folder and then started putting them back in and i found two vampire eye replacement files by two different people (one was bruno and the other IDK it was in some foreign language ) but it is so Lovely i love how they make my apartments unique

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
#78 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 8:50 PM
Finally, Thanks ))
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#79 Old 27th May 2011 at 3:42 PM
YESS! Now I can finally build my multi-house lots!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#80 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 1:19 PM
After three years I come across this! Great work! I added it to my favourites even though I don't have AL.
Instructor
#81 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:43 PM
I think its' a good idea to add a RTM to this file, I implore actually

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#82 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 4:53 PM
A RTM? What is that?
Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 6:12 PM
Read The Manual? Also known as RTFM.

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Psychosim
Read The Manual? Also known as RTFM.

oh

I would have understood RTFM ....

Hmm, what is not clear though?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 5:36 AM
So clever! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#86 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 11:48 AM
Thank you so much for this! It's been really useful in my game. Now I know this is a bit late and you're probably busy with other wonderful stuff for our sims, but I come with a humble request . I've just found this beautiful custom door that would be perfect for an apartment, the Edwardian Elegance door from Holy Simoly: http://www.holysimoly.com/index.cfm...&pagestartrow=2
So I wonder if you would consider adding it to your magic milk bottle or if it's even possible or permitted. In size it's the same as the Mauritania door from BG. This would be much appreciated. In any case, take care!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#87 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 3:37 PM
great idea! can you put the milk bottle inside the apartment next to the door?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 3:42 PM
Yes you can - you can place it inside the apartment and change the door from there. If you put this bottle inside every apartment then when you visit the neighbours you can change their doors as well.

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#89 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:56 PM
Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#90 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:14 AM
This mod really opens the door, doesn't it?
Test Subject
#91 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 12:47 AM
I am so happy to see this! I'm working on a generic space-theme-ish lot in which I wanted to include some separated living quarters, so I went hunting for recolors of the apartment door only to find a distinct lack of anything that doesn't look like wood.

In an ideal world I would actually love to use your wonderful Star Trek door as an apartment door. Is there any chance that could be added to the milk bottle someday? Or is it one of those doors that won't quite fit? If not, at least now I can hunt through the much more copious Just a Door recolors out there for something vaguely spacey looking, so thank you!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 2:49 AM
Hi, the StarTrek door would not slide if it was used with the bottle; I can't actually remember how big the wallmask is either; its the main thing that affects whether a door can be used or not.

Try looking at Pixelhate's profile on MTS; they have some fabulous recolors of the JustaDoor.

Test Subject
#93 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 7:45 AM
I have a Problem with the Milk bottle. I only get ohne recolor of a door, but not this one, that I'd like to have. How can I get Sonne recolors?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#94 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 12:40 PM
Can someone tell me where those 2 "Leesester Doors" are that are included as custom ones?
I can't find any that look like the ones from the pictures...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 1:56 PM
Click on custom door :

Instructor
#96 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 7:06 PM
One of them is not showing up, though, so I thought I had to download meshes for that somewhere else. The Leesester Apartment Door shows up, but the Colonial Door just gives me a hole in the wall, and I've copied everything that was in the archive into my downloads folder.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 8:07 AM
In the archive there is this door :

colonial1tileglassdiagonal.package 177,112 Mesh 1 tile colonial door
Leesester Lumber: "Because sometimes, you just need another door."
colonial1tilediagonal.package 177,112 Mesh 1 tile colonial door
Leesester Lumber: "Because sometimes, you just need another door."

That is the door I made for this bottle back in 2008, I never changed the file and you are the first person to mention a missing door file in the last seven years. Maybe something else is overriding it.

Instructor
#98 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 1:41 PM
Okay, thanks, I'ma go look for that then.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#99 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 4:57 PM
I never liked Apartments because the sound through the walls woke my sims up. I just started building my own apartments that are not connected. I hated those Apartment doors, though. Thank you, this will make my apartments look great.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#100 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 9:07 PM
Thank you
Page 4 of 5