Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Waterlily Recolor + Animated Fish

by Bakie Posted 24th Jul 2015 at 2:33 PM - Updated 13th Aug 2021 at 8:34 PM by Bakie

114 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 3:21 AM
thank you so much !!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#27 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 4:23 PM
Great Job :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yumikoto
thank you so much !!

Quote: Originally posted by eman72
Great Job

You're welcome and thanks!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
#29 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:47 PM
First, I wanted to thank you this looks very cool! Second, if I clone your animated lilys to change the base game lilys into my new mesh, will I keep the fish then? And even can I do that, with credit given to your animation? Third, I did follow your tuts on youtube but I got a question, if I create a new mesh for a fountain and I want to have the water flown other then the original basegame mesh (the fish fountain for example) is that posable in the way you did as the toilet and bin?
Sorry if my english its a bit bad. But I hope you understand what I'm trying to say
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alanore
First, I wanted to thank you this looks very cool! Second, if I clone your animated lilys to change the base game lilys into my new mesh, will I keep the fish then? And even can I do that, with credit given to your animation? Third, I did follow your tuts on youtube but I got a question, if I create a new mesh for a fountain and I want to have the water flown other then the original basegame mesh (the fish fountain for example) is that posable in the way you did as the toilet and bin?
Sorry if my english its a bit bad. But I hope you understand what I'm trying to say

Hi Alanore!
I think if you clone this lilies and only change the mesh, it will still have the animation. I didn't made this animation myself by the way, it's already in game. I used the fishing pond tuning to get the animated fish to appear. So if you have a totally other mesh, you can just use my tutorial: "How to make a tuning mod the easy way" You only have to copy paste the tuning and tuningID of the fish pond.

I don't know anything about working with custom/selfmade animations and I don't think it's very easy too to change it. The toilet and bin objects are also only tuning mods, so I didn't made any of those animations myself. Changing the tuning takes care of the interaction and animations with objects. So the toilet tuning includes the peeing animation and that was just exact right for that type of bin.

Hope this answers your question a bit?

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
Hi Alanore!
I think if you clone this lilies and only change the mesh, it will still have the animation. I didn't made this animation myself by the way, it's already in game. I used the fishing pond tuning to get the animated fish to appear. So if you have a totally other mesh, you can just use my tutorial: "How to make a tuning mod the easy way" You only have to copy paste the tuning and tuningID of the fish pond.

I don't know anything about working with custom/selfmade animations and I don't think it's very easy too to change it. The toilet and bin objects are also only tuning mods, so I didn't made any of those animations myself. Changing the tuning takes care of the interaction and animations with objects. So the toilet tuning includes the peeing animation and that was just exact right for that type of bin.

Hope this answers your question a bit?

I will try and find out when I'm done with my curent thing I'm working on. I have seen the tut, it realy do look easy so 'easy way' isnt such a bad name XD However is there a list of codes like you had the code for the toilet and bin, so the exact object appears of what I was looking for, I still type "toilet" to let all toilets to show (as example).

I dont want to start and make self made animations, i'm to lazy for that, I ment like the fish fountain did let the water flow in a bow, if I make a new mesh as fountain can i place the animation of 1 of the other fountains (the ones without a statue unlike the fish fountain) like you did explane in your tutorials.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alanore
I will try and find out when I'm done with my curent thing I'm working on. I have seen the tut, it realy do look easy so 'easy way' isnt such a bad name XD However is there a list of codes like you had the code for the toilet and bin, so the exact object appears of what I was looking for, I still type "toilet" to let all toilets to show (as example).

I dont want to start and make self made animations, i'm to lazy for that, I ment like the fish fountain did let the water flow in a bow, if I make a new mesh as fountain can i place the animation of 1 of the other fountains (the ones without a statue unlike the fish fountain) like you did explane in your tutorials.

You can use the name of the object in your game. So if you want a specific toilet, wright that name of the toilet in-game somewhere and then paste it into the searchbar of The Sims 4 Studio to find that exact toilet. I use the codes in my tutorial instead of the names as these codes are the same for everyone and the names are in your own language.

I don't know about the fountain animations, you just have to test it out yourself.

Test Subject
#33 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 7:24 PM
You can use the name of the object in your game. So if you want a specific toilet, wright that name of the toilet in-game somewhere and then paste it into the searchbar of The Sims 4 Studio to find that exact toilet. I use the codes in my tutorial instead of the names as these codes are the same for everyone and the names are in your own language.

I don't know about the fountain animations, you just have to test it out yourself.

Ah well thats fine then! Just my S4S is in dutch and for finding everything I need to look in dutch and engelsh... But thats fine.
And then I will test it myself soon I git time to for it.
Thanks alot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 4:14 AM
I love this! My only question to you is... how'd you get a waterfall in your pond? o.O it's so pretty!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ezeliastarsong
I love this! My only question to you is... how'd you get a waterfall in your pond? o.O it's so pretty!!

You're the second one asking, I have to make a tutorial of that on my youtube channel. I will try to make it soon.

Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#36 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 12:02 AM
Hello, Bakie. Thanks again for this wonderful creation. Just to let you know, fish can been seen on lower levels without any camera trickery. Check out what I did here to have this effect of fully visible fish all the time. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=564595

Your creation sets it off to great effect and I just cannot thank you enough.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Hello, Bakie. Thanks again for this wonderful creation. Just to let you know, fish can been seen on lower levels without any camera trickery. Check out what I did here to have this effect of fully visible fish all the time. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=564595

Your creation sets it off to great effect and I just cannot thank you enough.

That's a very nice looking alien house! Must have took a lot of time building that!
Cool that you could use my creation in it too, it looks really nice!

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#38 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 1:54 PM
Absolutely awesome! Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snowhaze
Absolutely awesome! Thank you.

You're welcome!

Smeg Head
#40 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 4:28 AM
Hi, Bakie. I posted a pic here a while ago but I forgot to explain how it's possible to have these wonderful animated fish appear above and below the water on both levels. Silly me.

Step one, make sure bb.moveobjects cheat is active.
Step two, on the lower level (at the bottom of the swimming pool) buy an animated fish waterlily.
Step three, hit the 9 key until the waterlily is raised to the top of the water. (Using the waterlily's green footprint against the walls of the pool is a fantastic guide for the exact height of the water's surface.)
And that's it. When down below you still see the fish, and when up above on the next level, you still see the jumping fish and waterlily. No need to mess around with tab key or camera tricks. Essentially the waterlily plant still belongs to the lower level, it just doesn't look like it any more since the cheat was used to raise it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Hi, Bakie. I posted a pic here a while ago but I forgot to explain how it's possible to have these wonderful animated fish appear above and below the water on both levels. Silly me.

Step one, make sure bb.moveobjects cheat is active.
Step two, on the lower level (at the bottom of the swimming pool) buy an animated fish waterlily.
Step three, hit the 9 key until the waterlily is raised to the top of the water. (Using the waterlily's green footprint against the walls of the pool is a fantastic guide for the exact height of the water's surface.)
And that's it. When down below you still see the fish, and when up above on the next level, you still see the jumping fish and waterlily. No need to mess around with tab key or camera tricks. Essentially the waterlily plant still belongs to the lower level, it just doesn't look like it any more since the cheat was used to raise it.

That's a very clever way to solve the problem of not seeing the fish swim in the water on the same level. Thanks for this tip! I will add it as an annotation in the video with all credit to you of course.
I was already thinking about how that was managed Ow, I just tried that link again and it didn't work anymore? Is it removed?

Smeg Head
#42 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 7:51 AM
That's a very clever way to solve the problem of not seeing the fish swim in the water on the same level. Thanks for this tip! I will add it as an annotation in the video with all credit to you of course.
I was already thinking about how that was managed Ow, I just tried that link again and it didn't work anymore? Is it removed?

Yeah, I had a few problems with CC that were just messing up the lot. Some CC stuff was breaking the game, and also another CC creator pulled their stuff and didn't want to share it any more. So I then removed the lot. I'll probably get round to building something similar again, I just have to be a bit more selective about the CC I use.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 7:34 AM
Hello Bakie. Love the mod.
Do you think that you can release a version where the lilies are invisible and only the fish are visible with all of their animations?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thril1
Hello Bakie. Love the mod.
Do you think that you can release a version where the lilies are invisible and only the fish are visible with all of their animations?

I can take a look at it. But I've got a lot of projects going on now. But will put in on the list.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 9:17 PM
I love it
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Asylaraber02
I love it

Thanks!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 2:19 PM
great idea Bakie will them out later :-)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freeasabird
great idea Bakie will them out later :-)

Thanks.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 10:24 PM
This is really great.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybluejustice
This is really great.

Thanks! Good to hear you like it

Page 2 of 5