Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Waterlily Recolor + Animated Fish

by Bakie Posted 24th Jul 2015 at 2:33 PM - Updated 13th Aug 2021 at 8:34 PM by Bakie

114 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 8:40 PM
YAY! I love details. And anything to make the natural part of the simverse look more real and appealing. Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KyoSay
YAY! I love details. And anything to make the natural part of the simverse look more real and appealing. Thanks.

You're welcome, it's good to hear you like all of that stuff as that will be the things I will continu to make more. Thanks for your other great comment too

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 7:48 PM
This is great! Thanks! And thank you for the video, too!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AutumnWren76
This is great! Thanks! And thank you for the video, too!

You're welcome! Glad you like it!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Banned
THANKS POST
#55 Old 24th May 2017 at 1:04 AM
would it be possible to make animated fish for in an ocean? since there are no lily pads in the ocean, I'm unable to use this for that purpose XD
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Reitanna
would it be possible to make animated fish for in an ocean? since there are no lily pads in the ocean, I'm unable to use this for that purpose XD

Hi Reitanna,

I'm planning to make some animated fish mods, but I don't know when they will be made and uploaded.
Untill then, you can use The Sims 4 Effect Player, for which I have some videos on my YouTube Channel too. My next episode should go over all Fish effects.. I just REALLY need to make that episode soon, but I haven't come to that point yet. (I'm sorry about that)

I don't know if your familiar with The Sims 4 Effect Player, but if not, I made a small Intro video about it in which I show you how it works. It can be found right here:
The Sims 4 Effect Player: Intro/How does it work
In the video description you can find a link to all episodes I made untill now.

Hope it will help you a little bit already, otherwise just remind me about making the fish episode on YouTube :P
Have a great weekend!

Test Subject
#57 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 6:29 AM
This is amazing, I love it!
I'm just wondering if I misunderstood, but when I place this in a swimming pool, I only see the fish jumping, I never see them swimming beneath the surface.
Same with ponds. I only see them jumping.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AMarie345
This is amazing, I love it!
I'm just wondering if I misunderstood, but when I place this in a swimming pool, I only see the fish jumping, I never see them swimming beneath the surface.
Same with ponds. I only see them jumping.

Hi!
When looking from above in a swimming pool, you should also see them swim underwater just like in my YouTube video. It may take some time before the first ones appear, but after that the individual fishes will dissapear and re-appear continuesly.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 4:17 PM
Love your creations, I have most of them, mostly the animals, but also have the English alphabet which I use all the time, you can see them on some of my creations, In the Gallery I go by Historicgal. I have the lettlers on most of my commericial buildings. Love them
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jmh
Love your creations, I have most of them, mostly the animals, but also have the English alphabet which I use all the time, you can see them on some of my creations, In the Gallery I go by Historicgal. I have the lettlers on most of my commericial buildings. Love them

Hello jmh,
Thank you very much! Good to hear you like those animal mods as much more are coming (some in-the-works, others just the ideas)
I just took a look in the gallery I saw all the buildings you used my Alphabet mod on, it looks great! I really like buildings like "The Blacksmith". The letters really seem to fit well on that building. Also on the Western themes by the way!
Would be cool for both those themes to have real horses one day in game. We can only hope!

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 9:17 PM
Awesome, thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justjasper
Awesome, thanks!

You're welcome!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:39 PM
Heya Bakie, I love this mod so much and have been using it for quite a while. However, now I've made a beach lot with mermaids and stuff, but I still want fishes jumping out of the 'sea' only it does not seem right to have waterlilies in the ocean. Could you make a version without waterlilies but just the fish animation? I would be very grateful
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 18th May 2018 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amy-Hotchic
Heya Bakie, I love this mod so much and have been using it for quite a while. However, now I've made a beach lot with mermaids and stuff, but I still want fishes jumping out of the 'sea' only it does not seem right to have waterlilies in the ocean. Could you make a version without waterlilies but just the fish animation? I would be very grateful

Hello Amy, I totally understand why you won't use the waterlilies on your beach lot! That DOES look a bit weird :P
As for now I don't have any plans yet for that, but I will add it to the list as I do have other plans with fishes. Not sure when they will be released though.
You're free to send me a personal message if you think I forgot about it. It could also be that I will be making a new Effect Player episode about it. I will try to remind myself to let you know when either of those two things has happened.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#65 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 2:25 PM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 18th Jul 2018 at 11:48 AM.
Hello Bakie. Could it be that this mod is broken? I can still place the mod in fish ponds, but there are no more fish jumping as it was before. Maybe you can take a look into it when you have time, thanks.

ETA: Never mind, I fixed it myself
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
Hello Bakie. Could it be that this mod is broken? I can still place the mod in fish ponds, but there are no more fish jumping as it was before. Maybe you can take a look into it when you have time, thanks.
ETA: Never mind, I fixed it myself

This is problably a problem which is caused by the latest patch which makes effects like those of the birds that flew through the neighbourhoods, to not fly straight through houses anymore. I've noticed myself too that on some lots in New Crest the fishes aren't visible anymore. Same counts for the placeable koi fish group mod. Other also mentioned problems on lots in Windenburg and Brindleton Bay. But this isn't a problem on all lots in game strangely enough..
Did you fixed you're problem on your lot or by placing it some where else?

Instructor
#67 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 2:38 PM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 22nd Jul 2018 at 3:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
This is problably a problem which is caused by the latest patch which makes effects like those of the birds that flew through the neighbourhoods, to not fly straight through houses anymore. I've noticed myself too that on some lots in New Crest the fishes aren't visible anymore. Same counts for the placeable koi fish group mod. Other also mentioned problems on lots in Windenburg and Brindleton Bay. But this isn't a problem on all lots in game strangely enough..
Did you fixed you're problem on your lot or by placing it some where else?

I solved it by deleting your mod hahaha. No, of course not . Yes that is indeed true. In New Crest (on a Sims lot) is where I noticed the disfunction of your mod. Then I thought about my church which stands in Willow Creek (tagged as a museum so everyone can visit) where I also have the small *DEGUG* pond in the back and your fish mod. So I checked on it and sure enough it works there. I then deleted your fish mod from this pond to make sure, and there where still jumping fish that are naturally included in the pond (I guess). The same pond is sitting in New Crest on my private Sim lot, and NO jumping fishies there. I also tried your CC pond, but same results. Not with or without your mod. So, no clue what's going on with the fishes in different worlds. BTW, your Jungle butterflys aren't working either.

ETA: I now made a pool and set it up as a pond to see if there are any differences with your mod but no. I then added a fishing sign close to the pool so my Sim could fish, and now there are visible and jumping fish in my pool
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 8:15 AM
I solved it by deleting your mod hahaha. No, of course not . Yes that is indeed true. In New Crest (on a Sims lot) is where I noticed the disfunction of your mod. Then I thought about my church which stands in Willow Creek (tagged as a museum so everyone can visit) where I also have the small *DEGUG* pond in the back and your fish mod. So I checked on it and sure enough it works there. I then deleted your fish mod from this pond to make sure, and there where still jumping fish that are naturally included in the pond (I guess). The same pond is sitting in New Crest on my private Sim lot, and NO jumping fishies there. I also tried your CC pond, but same results. Not with or without your mod. So, no clue what's going on with the fishes in different worlds. BTW, your Jungle butterflys aren't working either.

ETA: I now made a pool and set it up as a pond to see if there are any differences with your mod but no. I then added a fishing sign close to the pool so my Sim could fish, and now there are visible and jumping fish in my pool

Thanks for testing out all those stuff, I didn't know about the butterflies too, but I guess there will be more mods that don't work on certain lots. But if even the jumping fish from EA's ponds don't appear then it's certainly a problem on EA's side.

Instructor
#69 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 6:57 PM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 30th Jul 2018 at 9:31 AM.
I have tested your fish mod again in a Vanilla game (kinda lol). I uploaded my house (incl. CC) from New Crest where your fish mod didn't work, and tested it in "Vanilla" game. Placed my house in New Crest again, and what do you know? - the fish mod works and the fishes from EA ponds are visible too. So it's pretty obviest that the mod conflicts with another mod. In my case I only have a few, (om's pets & Beer Narwhal mod, andrew's craftables script mod, UI-Cheat mod by weerbesu, the Slow-Dance mod, your pond, invisible fence, walk through grass, and your animated birds, butterflys and fish mods. Now we have to figure out which one of the mods causing the fish spawner to stop working.

edit: All my tests by taking out one mod after another sadly leads to no results.
When I first placed the house from the gallery the fishes were visible, and your mod worked, but on the second lot load the fish spawner stopped working and so are the the EA fish spawning in pond. You would think that there is a mod conflict, but after taking out each by each, nothing changed. I then bulldozed the lot and placed it again, and the fish were visible again, but again on the second lot load they stopped.
So, you may be right. Must be on EA's side. I just wanted to make sure to do a few more tests before writing a bug report.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 1:11 PM
I have tested your fish mod again in a Vanilla game (kinda lol). I uploaded my house (incl. CC) from New Crest where your fish mod didn't work, and tested it in "Vanilla" game. Placed my house in New Crest again, and what do you know? - the fish mod works and the fishes from EA ponds are visible too. So it's pretty obviest that the mod conflicts with another mod. In my case I only have a few, (om's pets & Beer Narwhal mod, andrew's craftables script mod, UI-Cheat mod by weerbesu, the Slow-Dance mod, your pond, invisible fence, walk through grass, and your animated birds, butterflys and fish mods. Now we have to figure out which one of the mods causing the fish spawner to stop working.

edit: All my tests by taking out one mod after another sadly leads to no results.
When I first placed the house from the gallery the fishes were visible, and your mod worked, but on the second lot load the fish spawner stopped working and so are the the EA fish spawning in pond. You would think that there is a mod conflict, but after taking out each by each, nothing changed. I then bulldozed the lot and placed it again, and the fish were visible again, but again on the second lot load they stopped.
So, you may be right. Must be on EA's side. I just wanted to make sure to do a few more tests before writing a bug report.

I've totally missed this message from you, I'm sorry I've not responded anymore.
The only thing I know for effects not to spawn a second time might be having something to do with how the game uses those effects. For example, my Bird Fountain + bird effects also stops working when reloaded a second time. I think this has something to do with the fact that the birds from the bird feeder only come when the feeder is full or something? If you delete the item and place it again, it works again for the time playing.
That doesn't explain why EA's fishing pond stops working after reloading though as those fish should jump always and not only when interacting with it..

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#71 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 12:09 PM
Awesome! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aloneguy950
Awesome! Thanks!

You're welcome!

Test Subject
#73 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 11:21 PM
Is it possible to have this work for Fountains? We can't make ponds in the Sims 4 unless we use the fountain tools and I would love to be able to place this in my build, however when I do it doesn't work. I also can't get the ducks to work either which is kind of a bummer as I love your animated items.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mooncakemimz
Is it possible to have this work for Fountains? We can't make ponds in the Sims 4 unless we use the fountain tools and I would love to be able to place this in my build, however when I do it doesn't work. I also can't get the ducks to work either which is kind of a bummer as I love your animated items.

It does work with fountains too, but since a patch that came out a couple months ago, some effects aren't visible anymore on certain lots. If you try these same mods in other worlds/neighbourhoods/lots they might work normally as they should do.
For example, on the large lot in Windenburg (Get Together EP) the ducks work perfectly fine in my case. If you have the latests patch and graphical settings on high, there should be no problem. Just try on different lots.
Unfortunately only EA can fix this problem.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 7:48 PM
Spectacular! Thank you <3
Page 3 of 5