Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Waterlily Recolor + Animated Fish

by Bakie Posted 24th Jul 2015 at 2:33 PM - Updated 13th Aug 2021 at 8:34 PM by Bakie

114 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#76 Old 6th May 2019 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bzegrl
Spectacular! Thank you <3

You're welcome!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#77 Old 17th May 2019 at 8:03 PM
I have a boat restaurant, a galleon at the dock, I put fishing boards to have fish, your mod saves me, I did not see this one, thank you with all my heart
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#78 Old 19th May 2019 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
I have a boat restaurant, a galleon at the dock, I put fishing boards to have fish, your mod saves me, I did not see this one, thank you with all my heart

Those sound like some awesome creations I would love to see! You're very welcome Heidi!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Instructor
#79 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 10:33 AM
Hello Bakie. THis fish spawner mod seem to be broken. I get lastExeption when atempting a lot with this mod in a pond. After deleting it no more LE's. I think it's because of the new fish came into the game with the latest patch update. Just thought to let you know.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
Hello Bakie. THis fish spawner mod seem to be broken. I get lastExeption when atempting a lot with this mod in a pond. After deleting it no more LE's. I think it's because of the new fish came into the game with the latest patch update. Just thought to let you know.

Thanks for letting me know! I will take a look at it!

Lab Assistant
#81 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 3:37 PM
Hi Bakie, I'm a great fan of your mods! Unfortunately for me this one has stopped working which is a great shame as it is one of my favourites. I've deleted it and reinstalled, but unfortunately that hasn't changed anything. When I try to place the item, I get a red message appear which says 'script call failed' and the item doesn't place. This occurs on both swimming pools and fountains. Lots where I had previously placed the item no longer have it. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Instructor
#82 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 6:31 PM
He already knows it’s broken. You can just wait until the mod get fixed.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by asthehind
Hi Bakie, I'm a great fan of your mods! Unfortunately for me this one has stopped working which is a great shame as it is one of my favourites. I've deleted it and reinstalled, but unfortunately that hasn't changed anything. When I try to place the item, I get a red message appear which says 'script call failed' and the item doesn't place. This occurs on both swimming pools and fountains. Lots where I had previously placed the item no longer have it. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

If you had read the message above your own, you would have already known that at the moment there's nothing YOU can do about it.
I'm planning to take a look at it to try to fix it as I know a lot of people use it.

Lab Assistant
#84 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
If you had read the message above your own, you would have already known that at the moment there's nothing YOU can do about it.
I'm planning to take a look at it to try to fix it as I know a lot of people use it.

Sorry! Not well atm so my brain isn't firing on all cylinders. Glad it's nothing I did wrong...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by asthehind
Sorry! Not well atm so my brain isn't firing on all cylinders. Glad it's nothing I did wrong...

No problem! Just so you know, probably somewhere this week an updated version will be added.

Instructor
#86 Old 16th Jul 2019 at 11:53 AM
No problem! Just so you know, probably somewhere this week an updated version will be added.

After the new patch you will probably have to fix even more. Therefore I would wait with the fix if I were you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 2:45 AM
Thank you for the update!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#88 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 2:38 PM
After the new patch you will probably have to fix even more. Therefore I would wait with the fix if I were you.

I didn't wait until after the patch, but I do have a lot more updated mods that will be released this week. Still in testing fase, but a lot of my mods will now also be floatable on oceans / placeable on ocean floors.
Quote: Originally posted by danasims3
Thank you for the update!

You're welcome!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#89 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 4:04 PM
Thank you for the updates you have done so far and for the upgrades you have in the works.
Instructor
#90 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 5:09 PM
I didn't wait until after the patch, but I do have a lot more updated mods that will be released this week. Still in testing fase, but a lot of my mods will now also be floatable on oceans / placeable on ocean floors.

GREAT! Thanks allot for all the updates!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deathrolla
Thank you for the updates you have done so far and for the upgrades you have in the works.

GREAT! Thanks allot for all the updates!

You're welcome!

Instructor
#92 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 2:08 PM
Hello @Bakie - Could it be that the fish spawner is bugged since the latest Tiny Houses patch? I have recently noticed that a few fishes are missing some textures. They spawn with that typical purple texture that has a question mark on it. Maybe you could check on it, thanks
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#93 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 8:35 AM
Hello @Bakie - Could it be that the fish spawner is bugged since the latest Tiny Houses patch? I have recently noticed that a few fishes are missing some textures. They spawn with that typical purple texture that has a question mark on it. Maybe you could check on it, thanks

I've checked in my game, but they all seem to work in my case.. So I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you..

Instructor
#94 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 6:12 PM
I've checked in my game, but they all seem to work in my case.. So I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you..

Re-downloaded but same issue.
Strange...

Is this the latest version here?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#95 Old 4th Feb 2020 at 1:51 PM
Re-downloaded but same issue.
Strange... Is this the latest version here?

Yes, the second 'july' version is the latest. Also if textures wouldn't work anymore it would mean that EA changed them, which I think wouldn't happen that fast with these kind of effects..
So far you're the only one with this problem that I know of.. Which fish have those purple colored textures? Big ones or small? If I know which one, I can have a more closer look in my game, but on first sight I didn't notice any missing textures.

Instructor
#96 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 10:38 AM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 6th Feb 2020 at 6:52 AM.
Yes, the second 'july' version is the latest. Also if textures wouldn't work anymore it would mean that EA changed them, which I think wouldn't happen that fast with these kind of effects..
So far you're the only one with this problem that I know of.. Which fish have those purple colored textures? Big ones or small? If I know which one, I can have a more closer look in my game, but on first sight I didn't notice any missing textures.

Sure. Here is a picture of 2 different shaped fish with missing textures. Not sure what kind of fish it is since it has no texture. Maybe this will help you though to track down the fishes.

https://www.directupload.net/file/d...257ri85_png.htm
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#97 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 11:48 AM
Sure. Here is a picture of 2 different shaped fish with missing textures. Not sure what kind of fish it is since it has no texture. Maybe this will help you though to track down the fishes.
https://www.directupload.net/file/d...257ri85_png.htm

I guess that those two are two fish that come from an Expansion- or Game pack and might be added later by Maxis to this specific effect code I used. if you don't have those packs, you possibly also don't have those textures..
I don't know which fish they exactly are, but I do think that that might be the problem as I looked at my fish below the lillypads for quite some time now and they all have their textures.

Instructor
#98 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 3:34 PM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 8th Feb 2020 at 6:05 AM.
I guess that those two are two fish that come from an Expansion- or Game pack and might be added later by Maxis to this specific effect code I used. if you don't have those packs, you possibly also don't have those textures..
I don't know which fish they exactly are, but I do think that that might be the problem as I looked at my fish below the lillypads for quite some time now and they all have their textures.

Well, it looks like the one on the left in the picture I've sent before is the Pufferfish and the right one the Tuna.

CityLiving Fish

And you're right, I purchased CityLiving when it first came out, but uninstalled it a week later because of lots of bugs. But when I first downloaded your fish-spawner, that was never a problem, because there was no Tuna or Pufferfish spawning back then. So I guess EA did indeed change the coding and now instead of the fishes from before, your fishspawner now also spawns those two CityLiving fish and not the ones from before. That sure sucks on my end and for everybody else whom do not have CL

Oh well, I wont re-install CityLiving just to fix that on my end, and than again, who really wants a deadly Pufferfish in the pond or pool I prefer goldfish
Guess I have to live without your great mod from now on.
Anyway, thanks for checking on it though and for the replies. Have a great day!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 10:28 AM
Well, it looks like the one on the left in the picture I've sent before is the Pufferfish and the right one the Tuna.

CityLiving Fish

And you're right, I purchased CityLiving when it first came out, but uninstalled it a week later because of lots of bugs. But when I first downloaded your fish-spawner, that was never a problem, because there was no Tuna or Pufferfish spawning back then. So I guess EA did indeed change the coding and now instead of the fishes from before, your fishspawner now also spawns those two CityLiving fish and not the ones from before. That sure sucks on my end and for everybody else whom do not have CL

Oh well, I wont re-install CityLiving just to fix that on my end, and than again, who really wants a deadly Pufferfish in the pond or pool I prefer goldfish
Guess I have to live without your great mod from now on.
Anyway, thanks for checking on it though and for the replies. Have a great day!

Good to hear we figured out what the problem is, but it does suck a bit that it works this way. For now you can use my Placeable Fish - Pack 1 to spawn the fish you want to in your pool/pond. But I haven't made other packs with more fish for it yet. This one does include goldfish and exotic goldfish though!

Instructor
#100 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 8:06 AM
Good to hear we figured out what the problem is, but it does suck a bit that it works this way. For now you can use my Placeable Fish - Pack 1 to spawn the fish you want to in your pool/pond. But I haven't made other packs with more fish for it yet. This one does include goldfish and exotic goldfish though!

Thanks Bakie, but I found a way to kill two flies with one stone I helped myself by using diverse fishing spots around my pool/pond on my privat lot which works just fine. I have jumping fishies AND I can fish without leaving the lot I will still check out your provided fish mod and may add a few Goldfish in the small pond on my community Church lot Thanks again for all your awesome mods and effort.
Page 4 of 5