Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#12201 Old 29th Aug 2023 at 8:28 AM
not an in game thing per-say but I’m trying my hand at clothing converting and learned something.
So I’m testing a fairly high poly set of overalls, so I load up cas, grab a default sim out the bin with a default 3k+ poly basegame hair and...

**hair catches on fire, explodes, causes an 8 car pile up that kills 2 people**
I try a million different base game hairs and they’re literally all the same; explosions, fire and brimstone, rivers and seas boiling, mass hysteria.
I’m about the give up on these pants altogether but then as my final hail mary I try a 35k+ poly cc hair and...

**She’s perfect, she’s beautiful, she looks like Linda Evangelista, she’s a model.**
I...just...can anyone make it make sense for me?

In Stuffed Crust, We Do Trust.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#12202 Old 19th Sep 2023 at 2:29 PM
So, kind of related to my post in mods you wish existed thread.

I just came across something online for the keyboard shortcuts for TS3, and one of them mentions "T" for top down view, like TS4 and TS2. But, pressing T does absolutely nothing for me? Even stranger, it's in the shortcuts pamphlet that was in the original retail release, which I still have.

Interesting nonetheless. Removed feature maybe?

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#12203 Old 23rd Sep 2023 at 9:46 PM
I just bit the bullet and compressed all of my CC through CC Magic, and my game is running SO much better. I can't believe it made such a huge difference!
Forum Resident
#12204 Old 16th Oct 2023 at 11:45 PM
I was looking through some of the settings in NRass Tagger and an option to display the Sim ages was a possibility according to how I have the seasons length set up or something like that. So I turned it on out of curiosity and now it's so much easier to know how old my Sims are instead of doing the math.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Top Secret Researcher
#12205 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 2:22 AM
Vampirism can be inherited from grandparents! I had one of my sons marry a woman who does not show any signs of vampirism. Now, their twin toddlers are vampires! I wonder if that is an effect of the NRAAS Hybrid mod?
Forum Resident
#12206 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Vampirism can be inherited from grandparents! I had one of my sons marry a woman who does not show any signs of vampirism. Now, their twin toddlers are vampires! I wonder if that is an effect of the NRAAS Hybrid mod?

I think Hybrid has a setting for genetic mutation, which allows children to be born with supernatural the parents do not have.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Top Secret Researcher
#12207 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 4:00 PM
I'll check next time I play. One of the grandparents was a vampire, so I'm guessing it jumped a generation. Anyway, it's cool and I'm looking forward to having vampire toddlers in a house full of humans. I'll see about getting a mod that might make them more dangerous. I've never actually played them growing up.
Forum Resident
#12208 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I'll check next time I play. One of the grandparents was a vampire, so I'm guessing it jumped a generation. Anyway, it's cool and I'm looking forward to having vampire toddlers in a house full of humans. I'll see about getting a mod that might make them more dangerous. I've never actually played them growing up.

There are a number of vampire mods on MTS. Be sure to check conflicts. Also, there is "Violence and Agression", and "Demonic Powers" mods. I was checking demonic powers before replying, and my toddler killed my Plumbot! I quickly reset her!!! That mod did not stretch the toddler... other mods might.

Test Subject
#12209 Old 26th Nov 2023 at 1:28 PM
After installing the game on my new laptop today I discovered that being able to scroll in very important and something I took for granted.
Mad Poster
#12210 Old 26th Nov 2023 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bentleigh
After installing the game on my new laptop today I discovered that being able to scroll in very important and something I took for granted.

I always have to use a mouse with my laptops as am worthless with a touch pad. And I have to remember when getting a new mouse it needs to be able to tilt the camera.

A new member. Welcome!
Test Subject
#12211 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I always have to use a mouse with my laptops as am worthless with a touch pad. And I have to remember when getting a new mouse it needs to be able to tilt the camera.

A new member. Welcome!

I haven't used a mouse in over a decade. I'm just used to my touchpads having a built in scrolling region. My new gaming laptop is missing that feature. Doesn't even have an option for it. Wish they'd told me before I bought it, you know?
Test Subject
#12212 Old 29th Nov 2023 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bentleigh
I'm just used to my touchpads having a built in scrolling region. My new gaming laptop is missing that feature.

Try this: Put 2 fingers on the middle of your touchpad and then drag them down. In Windows 11, you can go to touch pad settings and change the direction of the scrolling (drag down / scroll down).
Test Subject
#12213 Old 30th Nov 2023 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FizzySoda
Try this: Put 2 fingers on the middle of your touchpad and then drag them down. In Windows 11, you can go to touch pad settings and change the direction of the scrolling (drag down / scroll down).

It's got a 2 finger option, but it detects anything that happens to be touching the touchpad even a little as another finger, like, say, my hair or my sleeve. And sensitivity settings don't help. So i had to disable it. Plus i'm not very good at 2 finger scrolling anyway. broke a tendon or two playing sports back in middle school, so to use 2 finger scroll i gotta use both my pointer fingers.
Forum Resident
#12214 Old 1st Dec 2023 at 1:48 AM
There are 3 human skin tones to choose that all go from light to dark with their own undertone. Taking some educated guesses, the red circle is the warm undertone (yellow/golden). The purple circle is the cool undertone (pink/red). And last but not least, the blue circle is the neutral undertone (grey/silver/slightly desaturated). The neutral undertone is versatile and can use either warm or cool complements whereas warm complements warm and cool complements cool color schemes. It makes a difference to know for clothing, makeup, jewelry, etc if you want a harmonious appearance. Now the next time I create a new Sim, I'll keep that in mind, but also my Sims I give a makeover to. I'm rediscovering this since this is familiar to me but something I haven't recently thought about.

Forum Resident
#12215 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 2:16 AM
Umm... There is no art museum in Oasis Landing. Seems odd... Both that there isn't one, and that I had never noticed before!

Lab Assistant
#12216 Old 20th Dec 2023 at 10:11 PM
So I scoured through OBJD files and as it turns out, following buy mode objects are safe from being stolen: beds, bookshelves, counters, counter sinks, fridges, toilet stall, urinal, mission style table lamp (unlike any other lighting), birthday cake, garden gnome, cheap stove, swing set, picnic table.
Field Researcher
#12217 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 10:17 AM
I discovered that I shouldn't say "wow, the game is playing great, just what I want" and not save after that since it will take it as a challenge and shut down
Test Subject
#12218 Old 30th Dec 2023 at 11:27 PM Last edited by Meowmocha : 30th Dec 2023 at 11:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Deeney
I discovered that I shouldn't say "wow, the game is playing great, just what I want" and not save after that since it will take it as a challenge and shut down

The other day, my friend asked if I'd had trouble with Sims 2 crashing. I said no, it had been working fine. Later on that evening, it crashed.

I recently got a gaming laptop, and when I turned the graphics settings up, I discovered why people complain so much about the lighting. Who would have thought there would be an advantage to low graphics settings. So many white objects glowing like I had thousand-watt bulbs in half the light fixtures.
And today, I saw something mentioned online about conflicting mods. Turns out a mod I recently downloaded conflicts with another mod I have, which I didn't notice when I downloaded it. Maybe that's why I had seven or eight script errors last night. I thought maybe it was just from save bloat and travelling. 😂 Whoops.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12219 Old 1st Jan 2024 at 9:38 PM
The good thing about having a really bad memory is that you get to rediscover tombs you built more than a decade ago! I couldn't remember how to get to an island, nor did I remember that the dojo had a tomb.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#12220 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 2:26 AM
i had no idea that when your sims get married, they'll admire their ring for a few days. so cute
Screenshots
Test Subject
#12221 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 9:40 PM
Today I discovered that you can deflect scandals and pay off paparazzi in Late Night! I usually just sue for slander in city hall and didn't know there were other options in other rabbit holes. Also, I think false accusations come from another celebrity deflecting their scandal; no wonder my sim kept on having fake scandals almost every week!
Mad Poster
#12222 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 2:13 AM Last edited by igazor : 27th Jan 2024 at 3:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kofiki
i had no idea that when your sims get married, they'll admire their ring for a few days. so cute

Yes, and then they will forget that they are even wearing it.

Sims have the attention span of an...uhm...wait. What were we talking about again?
Mad Poster
#12223 Old 9th Feb 2024 at 12:58 AM
Sims won't complain (or sue for that matter) a resort for having a massacare swimming pool. So no mean reviews.

Not that I surprised. First old man died in closed off pool after sliding down the slide while playing fountains. Others however surprisingly were reset (I don't have overwatch installed).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#12224 Old 9th Feb 2024 at 3:11 PM
Aliens cannot get plastic surgery at the hospital. The option is greyed out and the tooltip says It's for cultural reasons. lol.
Field Researcher
#12225 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 12:31 AM
I'm trying to kill off this one sim, so I've locked him in the basement. However, instead of killing him right away by sliding the hunger meter down as far as it will go, I want to torment this sim for a bit. So, I slide down the bladder meter... repeatedly. Not only is this guy going to die of starvation at some point, but when he does, He's going to die in a pool of his own urine!

My inner child can't help but giggle at this cruelty.
Page 489 of 490