Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 9:41 PM
Default Run THAT up your flagpole...
After recently watching an old episode of M*A*S*H, I thought "why not try to recreate the 4077th?" The lack of proper army-tent-looking roofs and doors doesn't bother me that much, and I have yet to find the stones that they used to border the road through camp. The real issue is the flagpoles... all I need are USA, United Nations, and South Korea. Can't do it. Now, there have been many attempts to create flagpoles with flags of many nations for the Sims 2 experience. Here are my issues:
a) Bissela made a reasonably good-looking flag, with enough national variations for my purposes, but for some reason, the MESH itself never got onto MTS , or disappeared, and the link to where it might reside now is kaput.
b) Frillen has even more flags than Bissela, but I've never even attempted to find the flag in the game to put up the flagpole - just putting the files into my download folder makes the game crash every single time - upon opening the neighborhood. Explain that one.
c) Michelle seems to be my best bet... 204 national flags, cloned off the mesh of a Pride flag. BUT... these are wall-hanging flags, not flagpole ones. I guess I could - and probably will - hang the three pertinent flags on the wall of the Officer's Club. But not on the "parade ground". Sigh.

So... if anyone knows a reliable source of pole-hung flags, in a decent range of national varieties, let me know. US State flags would be nice, too. I found some wall hangers which sort of look like the same basic mesh as Michelle's, only they hang at a different height on the wall, so they're not 100% compatible with hers.
If I spent another day working it out, I could probably figure out the Frillen problem, but right now I'm too irritated. And yes, I realize that it's going to be a real pain to have enough sims living on the lot to make it look like a working army hospital. I have no problem dealing with issues that I know I have caused myself.
Muchas gracias.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 10:40 PM
So I did some digging and I think I found the mesh for Bissela's flag on the Wayback Machine. (Let me know if it works and I'll comment on Bissela's MTS thread.): http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2295631/

Since you mentioned tents, I'll add that there are some nice deco ones in Blue Heaven Sims' Combate Moderno set here: https://blueheavensims.wordpress.co...erno-refuerzos/

Otherwise, I think there are other "newer" flagpoles out there, but they're simlish, so if you'd like to try your hand at recoloring, I can try to link to some of those.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her