Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#77 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Okay. So, how do I contribute to this project? Do I just download M.M.A.A.'s MV01.zip folder, make some changes with the base game version of the Sims 2, and upload to ModtheSims? Or do I send the files (houses and lots) to M.M.A.A.? And what about the sim bios and family bios? Are they designed yet? I'd love to write a sim bio or family bio!

Basically; yes. You don't have to send anything to me. Just do as you said, and once you're done, reupload it to this thread.

As for the bio's, we have already wrote them, but that doesn't mean you can't change them. Check the neighborhood out and see what you think is appropriate it and let us know.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#78 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 6:49 PM
I dont think we need any more community lots for this hood but we will need more for the next hood we make. (We don't want to overload each hood.)
Any way with just the base game making them with we don't get all the good stuff that came with Nightlife.

I think only 1 more family of 4 males (1 elder and 3 adult) to counter the 1 household with only 4 females (1 elder and 3 adults) in it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#79 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Okay. So, how do I contribute to this project? Do I just download M.M.A.A.'s MV01.zip folder, make some changes with the base game version of the Sims 2, and upload to ModtheSims? Or do I send the files (houses and lots) to M.M.A.A.? And what about the sim bios and family bios? Are they designed yet? I'd love to write a sim bio or family bio!

If you do make any Sims make sure to follow the guild lines in the first post of this thread.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#80 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 8:30 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 13th Jan 2015 at 8:49 PM.
Thank you for joining us @PlatinumPlumbbob

Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I think only 1 more family of 4 males (1 elder and 3 adult) to counter the 1 household with only 4 females (1 elder and 3 adults) in it.

I agree with that. It would be nice if there would a household with just male sims.

@PlatinumPlumbbob, you can create a family for this neighborhood if you want. You can create quadruplets or just siblings. You can also just create 4 different sims. They don't have to be necessarily related to each other. It's your choice.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
#81 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I dont think we need any more community lots for this hood but we will need more for the next hood we make. (We don't want to overload each hood.)
Any way with just the base game making them with we don't get all the good stuff that came with Nightlife.

At the moment, we have three community lots.
Two are made by Peni Griffin and one by Jawusa.

Pleasantview has four community lots. So we could create another one. Maybe a park or another shopping center...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 9:10 PM
You can change color/wall covering if that is what you mean its just the footprint that needs to stay the same. No changing the way the outside walls are set but you can use any color/wall covering you want to.
Maxis houses that have dif. 2nd floor plans than the 1st floor may be continued for the 3rd floor if you need a 3rd floor.

On #2 as long a the house has an intro and each sim has a sim bio then any thing else is up to the maker to put in.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#84 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hood Building Group
At the moment, we have three community lots.
Two are made by Peni Griffin and one by Jawusa.

Pleasantview has four community lots. So we could create another one. Maybe a park or another shopping center...

I thought we would leave it as is for most players will have Nightlife and NL have more options for community lots.

But if you want to make one go ahead there really is no limit on them.

Trainee Moderator
#85 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 9:27 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 14th Jan 2015 at 12:19 PM.
Guys, I've fixed Deliah. She now has a fixed late husband. If she would remarry, her husband's ghost will be angry then.
She will get a memory for having two lovers at once, though. But there's no affair memory.

Anyway, I will apply this fix later when @PlatinumPlumbbob uploaded the neighborhood here.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#87 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 12:21 PM
I see. I'll write the neighborhood story then.

I'll upload the updated neighborhood tonight and it should be ready for testing then.
I'm going to take some screenshots of the families and write a neighborhood story, just like Maxis did it.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#88 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa[B
]Guys, I've fixed Deliah. She now has a fixed late husband.[/B] If she would remarry, her husband's ghost will be angry then.
She will get a memory for having two lovers at once, though. But there's no affair memory.

Anyway, I will apply this fix later when @PlatinumPlumbbob uploaded the neighborhood here.

How did you do it?! I tried fixing her in SimPE but it didn't work! (Maybe its because I only ticked the relationship tags that would normally only be visible during gameplay for a married sim. I didn't think I had to tick the Love and Friend tags, since I didn't think they needed that as it doesn't really show up in the relationship panel for a married sim).
Trainee Moderator
#89 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 7:01 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 15th Jan 2015 at 5:06 PM.
I've finished the neighborhood story.
There should be six entries in the neighborhood story and five pictures in each family album. :-)
Please check them out and let me know if they're OK.

This took me...six hours? Anyway, I think we can playtest it now.
As for the next neighborhood, I've created a new .sc4 file last weekend but we don't have to use it, of course.

Deliah is fixed in this version of the neighborhood.
I've also uploaded the Storytelling folder. Just put it in C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 and replace any existing files if it asks.

EDIT: Please redownload. The Rhine's had an urnstone in the bathroom. I've fixed it. Now the urnstone is in the living room, where it belongs.
While furnishig that house, I've temporarily put it there but forgot to put it back. Silly me.

Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
How did you do it?! I tried fixing her in SimPE but it didn't work! (Maybe its because I only ticked the relationship tags that would normally only be visible during gameplay for a married sim. I didn't think I had to tick the Love and Friend tags, since I didn't think they needed that as it doesn't really show up in the relationship panel for a married sim).

It's easy. You untick all relationship tags and connect them as spouse in SimPE. You acutally only have to edit their family tree. The game recognize it as a 'late husband/wife' and if the widow remarries, the ghost will become angry. Just like the other ghosts.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#91 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 9:30 PM
I've looked into all of the occupied houses and found some (minor) bugs.

Rhine family - There's an issue at the dining room. The sims can sit down without problems but if they stand up, they'll get stuck at some certain places. It can be fixed by adding a fence there. It will look a bit silly but it fixes that issue.
As for the Kurtin family, Shaer family, Treah family and James family, there are no routing issues but there are no phones on these lots. We'll have to buy those phones.
As for the James family, There's no sink in the kitchen. The sims will wash the dishes in the bathroom. So, we'll have to buy a sink there.

Anyway, I also noticed that there aren't any computers or bookshelves in some of those lots but these aren't really required. Such things like phones, alarms are more essential.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#92 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 10:36 PM
Is any one making the 4 male family/roommates and if so then please add phones to all lots that need them plus alarms.

We should at least add bookshelves in every house.

Trainee Moderator
#93 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 8:04 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 15th Jan 2015 at 8:16 AM.
There are bookshelves in your and my family but not in M.M.A.A's families.
I will upload the fixed neighborhood this afternoon.

The person who's creating the sixth family don't have to fix those bugs then.
Speaking of the sixth family...who's going to create that family?

By the way, are the pictures I've taken for this neighborhood OK?
I mean the pictures which are in the neighborhood story and in the family album.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#94 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I've looked into all of the occupied houses and found some (minor) bugs.

As for the Kurtin family, Shaer family, Treah family and James family, there are no routing issues but there are no phones on these lots. We'll have to buy those phones.
As for the James family, There's no sink in the kitchen. The sims will wash the dishes in the bathroom. So, we'll have to buy a sink there.

Woops! Seems like I wanted them all to be socially isolated!

Anyways, yeah, if whoever now is editing the neighborhood (who's editing the neighborhood ATM?), do add phones to those, no idea how I forgot them!
Trainee Moderator
#95 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 10:32 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 15th Jan 2015 at 4:46 PM.
I've fixed those bugs. Everyone has now phones, alarms (fire and burglar) and bookshelves.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#96 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:14 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 22nd Jan 2015 at 9:53 PM. Reason: Attachment no longer necessary.
OMG! Jawusa! Those storytelling pictures in the storytelling folder are amazing! You truly captured the essence of a EAxis premade like neighborhood with those! Great work! (Though why do I see pictures from the premade neighborhoods as well?)

Now I just need to load it up into the game.

Also, about the Treah family: Seeing as you left them to be the same age, Ash and Kamilah (the two middle kids) weren't supposed to be twins , but it doesn't matter I guess.

ETA: I also wanted to point out that this is what I see when I move my cursor over a community lot:

http://thumbs.modthesims.info/getimage.php?file=1496608

Just wondering if this is normal or not for the base game; not to be able to actually name your community lot?
Trainee Moderator
#97 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:36 AM
This happens when someone install the neighborhood with a foreign language. The game copies the description and replaces the name. This can be fixed in SimPE.
My game is in German, that's why the game borked the name of the lots.

Ok, I'll fix that then. Pregnancy lasts three days so they must have at least three days difference.
Thank you for your compliment. It took me about six hours to take those pictures, editing them, etc.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#98 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:39 AM
Ok, I'll fix that then. Pregnancy lasts three days so they must have at least three days difference.
Thank you for your compliment. It took me about six hours to take those pictures, editing them, etc.

Its actually fine if you think its best to keep them as twins. I'm just saying that wasn't intended. Whatever you see fit, just make sure we don't have a lot of twins (cause you know; twins aren't as common as singletons. )
Trainee Moderator
#99 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:42 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 15th Jan 2015 at 8:15 PM.
I've fixed that language issue and the Treah family.
Thank you for letting me know that they aren't supposed to be twins.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#100 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:58 AM
Let's say it was a big coincidence.
As for the James family, there are twins too but they have to be twins because then one of the toddlers would be a child.
I'll fix it for Treah family. Because we have a lot of twins, and even triplets in this neighborhood.

Oh! Okay, whatever!

Now, I' have a few ideas/suggestions for the Treah and Kurtin families:

- For the Treah, I'm thinking of having Willow pregnant, so at the start of the neighborhood, the player can actually play/experience a pregnancy.

- As for the Kurtin's, since from the story telling pictures, we can see that the couple has been fighting, I'm thinking about removing the crush tags, and maybe lower the relationship down to like 70 or 60? Also, since these two are "seemingly on the verge of a breakup", I guess we can let one of them start a relationship with a member of the sixth household to be created?
Locked thread | Locked by: maybesomethingdunno Reason: hood uploaded
Page 4 of 12