Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sinclair ZX Spectrum - With *Custom Sounds!* - UPD 04sept2007

by Numenor Posted 26th Jun 2007 at 4:43 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 5:52 PM by -Maylin-

173 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 164 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 6:11 AM Last edited by Maetel of La Metalle : 15th Aug 2007 at 6:12 AM. Reason: MISSPELLING!!! ARGH!
"I Love My Commodore... My Commodore 64!!!"
...we had a better jingle.... nyah!

Started with a Atari 800---still remember the joyous day we had saved enough money to buy our first RAM expansion cartridge---(awe!)... it was a whole 1K of RAM---the feeling of power!!!

Got a Vic-20, plus tape-drive and Strip Poker tape! In Colour!!!!

Got a Commodore 64, added a 128D with internal 1571 drive, 4 1541-typeI single drives (you couldn't pirate-copy squat with a TypeII), 1581 3-1/2in drive, 1 third-party dual drive, a RGB plus sound Monitor (Commodore-2000), a Commdore SX-64 (that's the portable Commodore---picnic basket handle, could take a dual-drive (the DX-64), 4x3in internal colour monitor and sound---weighed about 40-ish pounds (I said it was portable! (for the Klingon market, anyway... )), 3 printers, a plotter, and more cables than you could possibly imagine...

I can still burn a EPROM if I want, or program in assembler, 'cause...

...I still have all of the Commodore stuff (I've only scraped the surface description of equipment and add-ons)---why? why?

Because I still play Starflight of course!!!!

...happiness is twin floppies...

Maetel of La Metalle
(email from an abandoned planet)
~~Power corrupts. Absolute Power is---kind of neat.

Quote:
I remember when 'Saturns' were space-rockets, not cars...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 1:40 AM
On my honour, you are the weirdest nun I've ever met... Strip Poker???

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 6:05 PM
I don't know how you do it! Your work is awesome! I cannot wait to use this-as soon as I find time.

Never burn bridges, you may need to cross them again! - Kalamity_Katie
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 11:20 AM
TechLevel6 and The Early 1980's
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
On my honour, you are the weirdest nun I've ever met... Strip Poker???

I wuzn't a nun then, Silly-Twit! I was an Anglican-Catholic and an anthropologist/archæologist!

And on my Honour, as a Queen's Guide, an anthropologist, and as a Queen's Messenger... and those have always been my ruling ethics.

---

One of our people won the Vic at a Costume-Ball held by the local fen for the opening of The Empire Strikes-Out, but only the winner, myself, and one other trufan were willing to maintain it.

The winner bought that tape, I provided the technology (military) required to create a 300-baud modem---truly terrifying level of tech-advancement: you listened to catch the carrier, pushed a toggle to put it on-line, then pushed another toggle to receive (making certain 'send' was off), then toggled that off and toggled 'on' the send-toggle to beamcast with no Acoustic-Coupler!!!---GoshWow!Sense-of-Wonder! ...the Shape of Things To Come... !

Now that I think about it, you people were Tech6 in the 1970's---and you are still Tech6 in the 2000's; have you forgotten something you were expected to have done by now? Like inventing the Unified Field Theorum or something???

Maetel of La Metalle

Quote:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#105 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 4:13 PM
You're marvellous, Maetel of La Metalle Though I didn't understand the "Tech6" thingy -

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#106 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 4:53 PM
Woot Hmm Had that long ago. Great work!!
Test Subject
#107 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 9:40 PM
Hi

Great memories, glad my fave game is on it Manicminer!!! I still have my original 48k speccy, and it all still works...

Thanks
Julia
Instructor
#108 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 11:39 AM Last edited by sakrayami : 26th Aug 2007 at 7:06 PM.
Hi - thanks for the Item! sims are addicted to it. But maybe you could answer this question i posted on another forum, the fighting happen when they're cheating with
each other too. I was wondering if there is a hack where guys do not beat up their
pregnant females. THAT is what i wonder about, i know we shall not trig
the sims to fight each other, or i mean yes we can, if we want fun
If not such a hack, is it possible to make one :lovestruc
Of course that goes for females too, they shall not beat up a pregnant husband

http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...9663#post999663

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
Test Subject
#109 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 5:04 PM
You're far too good to us, Numenor!
I adore your mind, and everything that you create. :-P
It's so amazing what you can do.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 11:18 PM
Sakrayami - I've read your posts at S2C and I got your point; I'm not sure if you meant a global hack that prevents beating pregnant sims at all, or you just wanted to prevent beating when a pregnant sim formats a Microdrive.
If the first, it's quite a complex mod to create, because the code for the violent reactions are "scattered" all over the game; moreover, such a mod will likely stop working whenever a new EP is issued.
On the other hand, the ZX doesn't use the general code for the violent reactions: all the code is included in the package; this means that:
1) a global hack won't affect the ZX anyway;
2) if pregnant sims don't go around formatting Microdrives, they don't risk being beaten!

PS: the Scriptorium is NOT needed in order to use the ZX...

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 9:33 AM
Default Thread Update!
04 SEPT 2007 - BUGFIX - Please redownload
Fixed a bug that forced the sim to briefly sit in the air when
the user cancelled the "Write Basic Prog" interaction.

Thanks to Duffdog7576 for reporting the bug!

Lab Assistant
#112 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 8:31 AM Last edited by Maetel of La Metalle : 8th Sep 2007 at 8:48 AM. Reason: *Spelling!!!!* ARRRGH!!!!!
So come with me and enter---The Twilight Zone....
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
...Though I didn't understand the "Tech6" thingy
===SNIP===
>>> I'm very busy, I can't accept requests, sorry... <<<

Dear Numenor,

I am very BUSY, and I simply cannot answer posts, gomen-nasai...!!!

You silly person, you---TechLevel6 is what comes between TechLevels 5 and 7, of course!!!

(The questions I get asked!? But I suppose one simply cannot expect too much from a culture that hasn't quantified the relationship beween gravity, electromagnetism, and how often my cat snores in one night........... )

snark-snark

---my condolences on the death of your incredibly talented countryman, Pavarotti. But now, at least, he and our Princess now have all of Eternity for anything they enjoyed as friends together here... and he need no longer feel pain because his grief kept him from attending hers in '97. So, I think that works out all right.

Maetel of La Metalle

Quote:
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 9:47 PM Last edited by AceHole : 10th Sep 2007 at 6:30 AM.
I can't figure out whats going on, I can't get the new sounds to play. I even went so far as to remove everything from the "downloads" folder, leaving only this AMAZING computer . I have only UNI and NL installed. I went into game settings and turned the volume up on ALL sounds, and even set the "audio quality to maximum.

Stranger still, HEXAMETER's Horse "Thunder" and his "Chariot" (also both with new sounds), DO not play sounds either.... just silence... I am stumped!! Do you have any suggestions???

EDIT: Never mind, I found the problem. I was using a No-CD Mini-Image, from a virtual CD-Rom. I put my original NL disk in and it works fine....I really am not sure what that had to do with it....but

I just love this puter!!!!

Thanks
AceHole

Life is SIMple
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 9:01 AM
Wow, a full 8 colours... What more could you want!?
Test Subject
#115 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 7:17 PM
wow can u teach me or what i need to do the same thing thanks i love it
Field Researcher
#116 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 1:42 PM
Default Nice memories
wow so cool Numenor....guess what...it was my first computer and i still have it, in good shape, even the toiletpaper printer and my basic programs some of them 3 m of toilett paper long. At that time i programmed from 19.00 to 02.00 i the morning and worked in a green house from 6.30 to 15.00. I was young and stupid, i should have continued with dos and got rich as Bill Gates. But thats history, haha.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#117 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 2:50 PM
I don't regret for all the time I spent on my Spectrum As for the toilet paper, my prints became unreadable long ago, because the thermal paper is not a durable support -
I should have printed on real toilet paper

Test Subject
#118 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 3:00 AM
Thanks so much for this. The time and effort that went into making it are obvious. I love the attention to detail and the comic touches. I'll definitely download it as soon as I stop laughing at the microdrive screenshot and listening to Hey Hey 16k for the umpteenth time.

That brochure reminds me of why the Spectrum was a must-have upgrade for a ZX81 user: 8 colours; sound; a "massive" 16k RAM or a "really massive" 48k; "high resolution" 256x192 graphics; and, last but not least, lowercase characters!

I've just had a thought - does this Speccy come with Little Computer People, probably the closest thing to The Sims that there was back then?
Instructor
#119 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 3:55 PM
Default Memories
10 CLS
20 PRINT "Damn this brings back memories. I used to be the (proud?) owner of the ZX+2, the one with the built in tape deck that never worked . That song is the bomb, Jetpack rocks lol.
Does anyone else remember the 'POKE' and 'PEEK' commands?
Boy the things we did for entertainment..."
30 GOTO 10
Test Subject
#120 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eclasim
TI've just had a thought - does this Speccy come with Little Computer People, probably the closest thing to The Sims that there was back then?

Arg, I loved that game... :D
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 3:54 AM
I thought the Commodore 64 was pretty neat. (We have one running in the basement)

Just an anachronism, move along now.
Test Subject
#122 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kumquatmai
That depends entirely on the subject of the term paper!!

This is a beautiful piece of work (as always) so here's a red dwarf quote to celebrate (sorry if you're not familiar with the show, but it's one of my faves) From the episode "Stasis Leak"

Holly: I was in love once. A Sinclair ZX81. People said, no, Holly, she's not for you. She's cheap, she's stupid and she wouldn't load, well, not for me anyway.
Lister: What are you trying to say, Hol?
Holly: What I'm saying, Dave is, it's better to have loved and lost than to listen to an album by Olivia Newton-John.
The Cat: Why's that?
Holly: Anything's better than to listen to an album by Olivia Newton-John.

haha, I totally got that, ( I used to LOVE that show!)

This is the best I can't wait to try this out in my game!

Thank you Numenor!!! You are the---->
Test Subject
#123 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 8:50 PM
I was 17, worked in school-holidays, and together with a friend of mine we bought a "Spectrum" and an old used Color-TV. It was ... aahhhmmm.... late in summer of 1982.

And then there were Colours !!!

Thanks so much for bringing back those memories and making them alive again!!

Cheers
hobome
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 9:37 AM
Thank you very much, I love all of your works at MTS2, Thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 11:53 AM
I liked this. One of the things I love is '80s technology, and this allows me to have a computer from the '80s on the Sims 2.

An error has occurred. Unimplemented trap.
Page 5 of 7