Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#451 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 6:26 PM Last edited by yorkielove1 : 28th Jul 2010 at 9:13 PM.
Simply Modern
A beautiful modern black, white, and aqua home on the inside, while a tan and gray traditional home on the outside. With 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and 1 study it's perfect for any family, even with work at home parents. Costs around $166,000.

Front View

Ground Floor

First Floor

Second Floor (Kids Room)

Kitchen

Living Room (with Dining Room in picture)

Master Bedroom (sorry I couldn't get a good angle)

Kids Bedroom and Bathroom

Reading Nook and Dining Room ( sorry about the Plumbob)

Backyard Entertaining Area

No CC
Advertisement
Typical
#452 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Somebody (sorry, I don't remember who) on the chat thread had the great idea of linking your entries in your sig block. It makes it a lot easier for people to look back at your entry instead of going through the pages or waiting for the images to load so you can scroll down to the right one (or is that just my pc?). Of course, it's up to you but I think it would be awesome if everyone did it :D

Just done it myself. :D
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#453 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 8:31 PM
Hey look, some big purple text!

Hey guys! I just caught up with everyone's entries, and updated the contestant list with links to everyone's R2 entries that are posted up so far. Anyone who is still missing their R2 entry is listed in italics on the contestant list. Anyone who has dropped out is listed in strikethrough.

Please double-check, those of you who I have linked up in the contestant list, that the link is correct - and that if you -have- posted a R2 entry, that I've got you listed - it's possible I missed someone or mislinked. Also make sure you have said whether or not you used CC, and if you could bold it in your post that would be REALLY HELPFUL!

If you do not get your entry in for R2, you CAN still continue through R3 and R4! You aren't disqualified if you can't post a R2 entry - it will probably make it tough to win, but you don't lose your place as a contestant. But if you don't really want to continue participating, please let me know so I can mark you off (and don't have to keep checking for you on the list).

You still have about 12 hours to finish your entries if you haven't posted them - or to make some final changes to your pics, description, house itself, whatever - you can continue editing your entries as you like up until the moment the thread is locked for judging, at 10 AM CEST. Clicky for the countdown clock!

As soon as I lock the thread tomorrow morning, I'll post up the thread for the foundation #3, so you guys can start building, and I'll compile the judging sheets to give to the judges. They'll begin judging right after that, and I'll post up scores as soon as I get them back and figured out.

This round is going to be murder to judge! There are so many AMAZING entries! You guys astound me - such imaginative and creative things being done all on the same foundation. And I also want to thank each and every one of you for being -so- incredibly cool for this whole thing. I know we got off to a bit of a rocky start but I -love- how great you guys are - the fact that there's been basically -no- drama, and everyone's been sweet and kind and offering really helpful constructive criticism just amazes me. This contest is turning out to be such a pleasure to host. Ya'll rock!
Test Subject
#454 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 10:10 PM
I'm ready and can't wait for next challenge! yay!

MTS Foundation Contest: [Round I] [Round II] [Round III] [Round IV]
Typical
#455 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Hey look, some big purple text!

Hey guys! I just caught up with everyone's entries, and updated the contestant list with links to everyone's R2 entries that are posted up so far. Anyone who is still missing their R2 entry is listed in italics on the contestant list. Anyone who has dropped out is listed in strikethrough.

Please double-check, those of you who I have linked up in the contestant list, that the link is correct - and that if you -have- posted a R2 entry, that I've got you listed - it's possible I missed someone or mislinked. Also make sure you have said whether or not you used CC, and if you could bold it in your post that would be REALLY HELPFUL!

If you do not get your entry in for R2, you CAN still continue through R3 and R4! You aren't disqualified if you can't post a R2 entry - it will probably make it tough to win, but you don't lose your place as a contestant. But if you don't really want to continue participating, please let me know so I can mark you off (and don't have to keep checking for you on the list).

You still have about 12 hours to finish your entries if you haven't posted them - or to make some final changes to your pics, description, house itself, whatever - you can continue editing your entries as you like up until the moment the thread is locked for judging, at 10 AM CEST. Clicky for the countdown clock!

As soon as I lock the thread tomorrow morning, I'll post up the thread for the foundation #3, so you guys can start building, and I'll compile the judging sheets to give to the judges. They'll begin judging right after that, and I'll post up scores as soon as I get them back and figured out.

This round is going to be murder to judge! There are so many AMAZING entries! You guys astound me - such imaginative and creative things being done all on the same foundation. And I also want to thank each and every one of you for being -so- incredibly cool for this whole thing. I know we got off to a bit of a rocky start but I -love- how great you guys are - the fact that there's been basically -no- drama, and everyone's been sweet and kind and offering really helpful constructive criticism just amazes me. This contest is turning out to be such a pleasure to host. Ya'll rock!

WOAH. I'm liek totally using large text too O_O

Seriously, though - I would like to second that all of the entries in this round have been of exceptionaly high standards, and the fact that people are exchanging tips, and suggestion, is absolutely fabulous. It makes me proud to be a part of the MTS site.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#456 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 10:56 PM
It's the header1 tag. lew made it green sticking it inside a highlight tag too.

Plz do not be abusing it though - I'm trying to use the big purple text for major announcements that contestants need to know about. Ya'll can go purple text all over the place on the chat thread.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#457 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 11:05 PM
I think our upload moderators that do the lots & housing area would like that too, if ya'll that are sharing your lots would do that.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#458 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 11:05 PM
That'd be a great way to see all four of them in one post without having to go all over.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#459 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alan_Gast
Hey guys, I was thinking, I'm gonna wait till all four rounds of this contest are over, and then upload all the entry houses in a pack? Would you guys be interested?

Im good with that... I was gonna do that for mine myself but this would work too.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#460 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 11:39 PM
Ooo...already did mine. Sorry moderators! Although, I don't know for certain if the last 3 will be worth uploading/downloading. So maybe it will just end up being my first one available.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#461 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 11:47 PM
Last minute question just to be on the safe side. I use awesome mod that has a feature wich hides the parking place in live mode. Will it be considered as CC? I ask because I know that there are some invisible parking places.
Sorry if that's just a very stupid question.
The other one
#462 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Llihnae
Last minute question just to be on the safe side. I use awesome mod that has a feature wich hides the parking place in live mode. Will it be considered as CC? I ask because I know that there are some invisible parking places.
Sorry if that's just a very stupid question.

For the sake of taking pics, if you don't want a visible parking space just place your vehicle on normal ground with 'moveobjects on' cheat :D

With ref the house uploading, I really wanna get to the 10+ uploads milestone but I work too slow to do it normally so I will probably upload these four seperately but since it's gonna take me a while to through them all and make them actually playable anyway, I won't be uploading as soon as the contest is over. If that's not ok let me know

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Forum Resident
#463 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 12:44 AM
There'd be no way for me to upload my first house, since it's virtually unplayable in areas, and quite boxy on the outside. I might upload this latest one, but it's not very original. I'll see how the next two go, if I want to then upload them.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Field Researcher
#464 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 1:33 AM
Well, everyone - only 7 hours and 448 minutes (?) and 20 some thousand seconds (??) to go. Just want to wish everyone the best of luck with the judging and thank you for sharing your talent and great ideas with us all! Looking forward to the next round!
Scholar
#465 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 1:43 AM
Whew! Just finished updating my pictures - I totally don't think I got that camera mod installed correctly, because it was still driving me nuts with its sprint-like zooming, but hopefully I have it figured out for Round 3!

Nearly had a heart attack when I got on this afternoon (Wednesday, 6 PM-ish) and realized that with the time difference, I actually only had until about midnight to finish up! I was definitely thinking in Canadian time, not European time.
Test Subject
#466 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 2:18 AM
missroxor: thanks for the advice. Just to be safe, I did what you sugested and retook some photos. Now I can't stand that house anymore, more than one week messing around with it.
I'm relieved that round is finished and I can do something else.

Anyways, you people did great this round and I can't wait to see what you all will come with for the next the foundation. Good luck.
Instructor
#467 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 2:59 AM
First of all, after seeing even more entries, I am actually relieved I am not a judge for this comp lol I think you're all setting the bar so high its becoming impossible to judge easily. This took me well over two hours to write up and you've all done a great job! I think I should be wishing luck to the judges now

Waterstar: Nice house, I like the neutral colour scheme, but the yard is a little spartan - don't be afraid to use more vegetation, I say

Confused Claire: It's a really nice contemporary looking house, I especially like the kitchen with those patterns colours which work really well together. The layout is very functional and attractive. You've used some really nice, eye catching colour schemes in the interiors I love how you've offset the driveway too, very nifty for a multi-car family - good job!

TheNubbyPeanut: Great house both the exteriors and interiors are equally attractive- you're the master of colour scheming The colours and textures/patterns you've chosen work perfectly together from both the inside and out, well layed out and furnished superbly. I especially like the kitchen, the landing and the bedrooms, they look beautiful and fantastic! Another top contender - well done!

Kaospilot: Another superb entry, you have done a fantastic job combining colours/ patterns with the furnishings together in the various rooms, they look very professionally coordinated. The exteriors are beautiful as well, I love the use of wood textures in moderns and you have achieved this with top marks! You've done a quality job giving this house a solid contemporary look and feel. Overall the house is very polished and another great contender for this round - great work!

Mia138: What a lovely Asian themed house! The classic combination of black, red and white work like a charm and I love the special elements you've implemented such as the walk in wardrobe with the clutter on the floor - it looks fabulous, the charming back outdoor area, looks very tranquil and beautiful with the landscaping you've created. You've kept the house and decor well within your chosen theme. Another great contender - beautiful work!

Lilhnae: Woah - I like the idea of a factory conversion - the kitchen looks fabulous and I love the way you have built the middle island area but the other colours you've used on the ground floor are little bright perhaps but then again we all have different tastes. The layout is functional and well thought out, the surrounding gardens look relaxed and inviting - I love the veggie patch and the trees!! The main bedroom looks awesome with the walkaround bathroom and the his/her sinks You've sustained the theme you were going with really well. Well done, another great contender for this competition!

Easypeaze: Another top entry. What a beautiful organic Spanish themed modern home. Where to begin? Firstly when can I move in? The kitchen is gorgeous,the bathroom looks so realistic, the landscaping is jaw dropping and I absolutely love the outdoor fireplace area, it looks so beautiful and inviting. I also like how you've constructed the different levels on the roof - it all comes together into a beautiful little lot Wonderful, another top contender!

Similicious: What a great bachelor pad!! You've packed all the essentials for young, party loving bachelors and you've done it with flair! It has a real beachy feel and that is reflected in the bright cheerful colours - I really like the colours and patterns you've used in the bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. Well done!

AlanGast: Another beautiful modern entry! I like what you've done with the exteriors, the landscaping complements the house and the outdoor entertaining area looks ready for a party! I love your creativity in the lounge room where you've wrapped the sofas around the room. For me the highlights are the kitchen, the lounge, the main bedroom and the outdoor entertaining area. The colours/patterns and furnishings work together really well and your creativity really gives this lot character. Another great entry, well done!

Greenlea: What a lovely summery, breezy home! The colours you've picked are subtle and cool just perfect for a summery beach house, a practical layout and I love the deck area of the house leading off from the lounge and the office room and the beautiful surrounding cool pools of water - these elements add to the summery beachy feel of the house. Well done, this is a great entry

VampireAninyosaloh: Wow the exteriors are gorgeous. I love the cottagey gardens, they were the first thing that struck me from the pics. So lush, romantic and colourful. The rustic stone of the exteriors matches the rusticness of the gardens including the garden benches and French street lights. The interiors however, are very strong and modern, quite a contrast from the exteriors. A good entry, nice work!

dietdrpepperfan: This is a unique way to use the foundation footprint, and I like the firestationish elements such as the sleeping dorimtory style room and the classic firestation red brick pattern you've used Good job!

ForeverCamp: A very cute and cozy Grandma's House - I like how you used that rich port wine colour in the lounge area, the kitchen looks very inviting with that counter bar with the cabinets above. Good job!

Freja: Another original themed lot - the beautiful Greek Island style is much adored, and you've done a good job here. Nice layout and a really beautiful house front with the greenery, water fountains and the statue. The house almost glistens in the sun, and the pool beckons. Beautiful work!

LewJen: Wow you've shown some awesome innovative, creative skills with this lot. The roof for starters, looks amazing! The exterior of this house is excellent - the back area looks like a great place to have a summer pool party, I like the colours you've used on the walls, floors and the garden features add a nice touch. Great entry!

NickelNicole: What a cozy, comfy family cabin home. The hallway, the kitchen/dining and the lounge room all have that cozy family feel. The landscaping works well and the outhouse is just charming Good entry!

Neiflay: Wow, what an unusual and unique entry! It's like a seriously family sized treehouse full of fun. I really like roof shapes, the shape of the house and the landscaping. The kitchen is gorgeous and has that rustic island/tiki look to it. Well done with this highly original themed lot!

MissPsy: I like the eco theme you've used here, the windpower mills at the front, the solar panels out the back and the plants planted along some of the rooflines (looks great!). I like that pic of the main bedroom, the dark green of the walls and floors makes the whole room feel part of the view outside. Nice entry!

Bgatot: Wow what a strong house front - impressive with these buttresses and main entry way. Great and impressive work with the stair well and the unique and beautiful bump out of the loungeroom with the high ceilings and beautiful view to the pond and gardens outside. The view down from the landing is stunning. The pool area is really nice, I like the idea of a treadmill session followed by a refreshing dip into the pool.Well done, another good entry!

Fragglerocks: Love the background story hehe. You've done a fabulous job with the interiors, the colours/patterns you've used are bright and beachy (love them). I love the kitchen and the summery bedrooms, the landscaping is spot on and the view from the fire pit area is absolutely gorgeous. Great work, and great entry

Miuki: Wow the pattern and colour of the exterior walls and those windows works incredibly well - what a beautiful looking building. The main entrance is really stunning. Your interiors are simply stylish and well coordinated throughout the house - really nice to look at. The backyard area is also gorgeous. Superb job, great entry!

Bchbchwalk: Wow that's an electric blue exterior. I like the shape of the house and the landscaping. The interiors are very tastefully done, I especially love that little kitchen, the bedrooms and the lounge with the L-shaped sofa. Good work, nice entry!

Jhona: It's a lovely house and it's very beautifully decorated and furnished, however the modern theme you've chosen is not consistent with some of the furnishings and decor you've used: for instance the kitchen counters and bar stool you've chosen are not modern, nor is the stone garden bench or old water pump fountain and they look out of place in such a modern dwelling. It's only because the contest states that the house should stick to a theme. But all in all, still a lovely home

Sandymdh: Casa Casablanca is exotic! I love the moroccan styled pattern you've used on the fence and the beautiful dome structure on the roof - these elements really add to the exotic Casablancan feel of the place. I adore the lounge room with that rich burgundy colour, the gorgeous balconies lined with arches and the stunning water fountain room - so spot on with the Casablancan style and theme. Beautiful work! Another great entry!

HeavenSent818: What a cute rural farm entry! I love the Dutch Barn style roof, the cows in the enclosure with the windmill and hay stacks in the background, the western bar style doors linking the dining room to the kitchen and boat acting as a planter on the three foundation blocks. Well done, this is a really cute entry!

PiT91: Your pics were not coming in complete, so I am basing this mainly on the interior shots: this is a very modern and very masculine house, the monochromatic black and white works well in it but I do love the use of brown where you have used it The landing with the library looks great and outdoor kitchen/pool/entertaining area looks ready for a lot of big parties Nice work, good entry!

Armiel: Another beautiful modern entry. I love the colours and patterns you've used in the interior here - everything works seamlessly well together I especially adore the kitchen and bedroom - simply gorgeous. The gardens look beautiful too. Well done, another top entry!

Craggles: What a cute log cabin house! The first thing that strikes me is that fenced off charming garden area with a fire pit etc. The landscaping makes it all look really lovely. Nice cozy interiors, the kitchen and bedroom look good! Nice work, good entry!

Trench: What a bold modern entry! The red/burgundy is very striking but you've employed it well as you have continued it on into the interiors. It's a highly unique house and style but I really like the kitchen, and view of the house from the pool area - which looks beautiful as well Nice work, good entry!

GabrielLorie: What a cute modern house. I like the shape of the house and the consistency you've shown in the modern theme. The gardens are really cute (although the seating area looks less modern than the rest of the house) and I love the artistry you've shown by using the bamboo trees against the white walls there. Nice work, good entry!

-----------

really great entries guys!!!

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Test Subject
#468 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 2:59 AM
Whoo! I am so excited for the next round. In fact, I'm so excited that I think I've squealed a few times... and, now my family is looking at me weird. I better get myself under control before I get carted away to the asylum.

Just one more quick "good luck" to all the amazing contestants! :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#469 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 3:02 AM
Awwww reading all these messages, and it's the final day, it's making me mushy inside.....

It's amazing this comp... you are all amazing people with great big hearts hahaha

I AM GOING TO WIN THOUGH!! pfft hahahahaha *spinz off in a haze of clouds and gummy bear rain*
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#470 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
WOAH. I'm liek totally using large text too O_O

Seriously, though - I would like to second that all of the entries in this round have been of exceptionaly high standards, and the fact that people are exchanging tips, and suggestion, is absolutely fabulous. It makes me proud to be a part of the MTS site.

lol. uh. It's 100% selfish motivation, I can assure you. ;0) We WANT to download these lots!
Lab Assistant
#471 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 5:15 AM
Just want to say thank you to Ninotchka for commenting all the entries. It must've taken a lot of work to analyze them all one by one! It's always wonderful to hear what other thinks about your entry, especially if it's from a creator as talented as you!
Mad Poster
#472 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:23 AM
Good luck to everyone, you all did a fabulous job with your entries. I have been so inspired to do better in the next round, hopefully no storms will come my way and I have to quickly put something together. Thanks to those whom responded to my questions for picture hosting sites, that was nice of you to answer.

*manitically rubs hands together, waiting on the next foundation*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#473 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:54 AM
@ninotchka Thank you for your time and opinion. It's really great to hear from such a talanted creator. By, the way, I love your Steampunk house - it's brilliant!
Well, the time is almost up, good luck to us all.
Forum Resident
#474 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 8:51 AM
woooooooooooooo 10-5 mins remaining weeeeooooo
Lab Assistant
#475 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 9:00 AM
Ninotchka, thank you for taking the time to give everyone feedback. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside, reading it.

Page 19 of 20