Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#1551 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Did she die?

Haha, no. She was merely scorched.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#1552 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Did she die?

Then he would have been making out with her ghost. Oh, wait, it's the Sims, so can do that.
Field Researcher
#1553 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 11:19 PM

uh
Theorist
#1554 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 12:07 AM
^So "setting self to flames" is his idea of greeting amusingly, huh?
Test Subject
#1555 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 1:08 AM
Someone came to my door to tick-or-treat.....and got more of a treat when my sim decided she needed to get naked in order to answer the door.

Top Secret Researcher
#1556 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarysecrets
Someone came to my door to tick-or-treat.....and got more of a treat when my sim decided she needed to get naked in order to answer the door.

Brilliant ironic statement! On a day where custom allows dressing as anyone or anything else, your Sim dresses as herself... precisely and only herself. It's genius. Take good care of that Sim, she sounds like a keeper.
Forum Resident
#1557 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Brilliant ironic statement! On a day where custom allows dressing as anyone or anything else, your Sim dresses as herself... precisely and only herself. It's genius. Take good care of that Sim, she sounds like a keeper.

Alright, that's it! Next year, I'm going as a nudist! Thanks for the idea. Let's just see those cops try to arrest me for indecent exposure! "But, Officer, I was just getting into the spirit of Halloween...." :D

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#1558 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 3:20 PM
A few days ago, I went to save my token Evil Sim in the Sim Bin just in case I did something incredibly stupid and cleared all my library or something. When I checked her out the premade Sims Bin earlier, she was making this Evil face on the panel....

Mad Poster
#1559 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 4:49 PM
I get that all the time for my evil/grumpy/mean spirited Sims. The insane Sim faces are the best.
Test Subject
#1560 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 8:15 PM
When a fire starts in the house. They have to run RIGHT UP TO IT and stare until they catch on fire. Then when you try to get them to the shower or something they just won't move and eventually end up dying.
Inventor
#1561 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 3:12 AM
I had nothing to do with the following story.

This completely random guy that my Sims had no relationship, of any kind, with comes up on their porch. He is not a paparazzi. His thought bubble kept going back and forth between my Sims' newborn son and sleepy.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#1562 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
I had nothing to do with the following story.

This completely random guy that my Sims had no relationship, of any kind, with comes up on their porch. He is not a paparazzi. His thought bubble kept going back and forth between my Sims' newborn son and sleepy.

...You may have encountered a NPC baby thief who can't get inside. See page 54- I once saw one in the game myself.

I still don't know why.
Theorist
#1563 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 4:02 AM
Eh, I encounter those kind of people several times even though I don't play babies or toddlers (or any life stages other than YA, for that matter).

At one point, I was playing this loner Sim of mine who does not have any relationship with anyone (his relationship panel is completely empty), but then all these random townies start showing up in his front porch to socialize with him and actually have the nerve to say "It's getting late, I should go now. Bye" when midnight comes and they got tired of being ignored.

WHO THE HELL ASKED YOU TO COME IN THE FIRST PLACE???
Inventor
#1564 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
...You may have encountered a NPC baby thief who can't get inside. See page 54- I once saw one in the game myself.

I still don't know why.

I've already read that post! What happened in my game, made me think of it!
Lab Assistant
#1565 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 8:30 AM
I told my Sim to go burn the stack of leaf on their yard. So he did. One second later his father casted the Ice Blast spell on the burning leaf pile, making the leaf pile unable to be burned. Sigh.

My DeviantART. It's full of drawings, trust me.
Replaying the very same legacy over and over again C:
Mad Poster
#1566 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 8:41 AM
My sim was strange. Everybody else on the lot was freaking out about the fire, but she just stood there and got burnt.
Not to mention that I forgot the game was on and came back just as she was dying

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Forum Resident
#1567 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 3:39 PM
Had a birthday party for baby Warren yesterday, clicked on the bday cake for him to "blow out candles" so he could age up, and nothing happened. No one went to get him from his crib and bring him downstairs. Did this several times with the same effect, as little by little my guests started leaving. Then finally one of the guests, Chauncey, went to get Warren, brought him down and took him to where the cake was, only to complain that he couldn't get there because baby Renee was laying in the way. So he'd start taking Warren back upstairs. This happened a few times, so I just went into buy mode and moved the damn cake. Tried it again, and this time he got to the cake fine, but by then he was the only guest left and I received the message that the party was a failure due to no one aging up! grrrrr!

Another complaint: When the mother would go to the bathroom, take one of her children with, have nowhere to set them down, so she'd go back out of the bathroom and set them down two rooms away, then go back into the bathroom to pee. This happens all the time!

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Inventor
#1568 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Had a birthday party for baby Warren yesterday, clicked on the bday cake for him to "blow out candles" so he could age up, and nothing happened. No one went to get him from his crib and bring him downstairs. Did this several times with the same effect, as little by little my guests started leaving. Then finally one of the guests, Chauncey, went to get Warren, brought him down and took him to where the cake was, only to complain that he couldn't get there because baby Renee was laying in the way. So he'd start taking Warren back upstairs. This happened a few times, so I just went into buy mode and moved the damn cake. Tried it again, and this time he got to the cake fine, but by then he was the only guest left and I received the message that the party was a failure due to no one aging up! grrrrr!

The exact same thing happened to me before.
Theorist
#1569 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 1:55 PM
I went to place buildings in Moonlight Falls to create some sort of town out of it.

In a matter of second, there were around 50 (and counting!) residents to call from the buzzbox.

Forum Resident
#1570 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 3:30 PM
Dante Morganthe had two sons by two different women and they were both born with the name Avery Morganthe.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#1571 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 5:54 PM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 25th Nov 2012 at 7:45 PM.
And now, a moment two sim days and years of questionable alien research in the making...

Rick Scumthorpe Gives Birth

We rejoin the Scumthorpes in the middle of a... heated debate over the long-term future of the family:

"Rick, to use one of your generation's more popular internet memes, Son, I am disappoint. Really, I am. You're approaching 30, you've been digging graves for a living for the past decade, and as far as I know you've never engaged in sexual activity with anyone whose name didn't end in .jpg! You haven't even fathered any bastards, let alone legitimate heirs! What kind of sorry excuse for a rich man's son doesn't even have a single illegitimate child he never sees? And that's not even getting into how much you've let yourself go in the last few months-"

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'VE LET MYSELF GO

"Don't you dare try to go off on a tangent here, you cretinous puddle of inadequacy! Even the son I explicitly disowned is more successful than you! Remember Darius? Well, apparently Darius is now a multi-millionaire supervillain with three kids and a shapely blonde wife, despite his career path being one that can only end with James Bond coming up with a shitty one-liner and shooting him in the face! And he's not even your older brother!"

"So I see only one way in which you can still be useful to me, Rick: In the coming weeks, I'm going to look around the other side of the Atlantic for bankrupt aristocrats with impressive-sounding titles and questionable work ethics. I'm going to offer to solve their financial worries in the blink of an eye if their daughters will agree to marry into our family. And soon enough, you're going to be the father of lots and lots of little aristocratic Scumthorpe babies, regardless of your opinion on the matter. I'll make you say the wedding vows at gunpoint if I have to. You will successfully consumate the marriage, or you will die. It's all incredibly medieval, I know, but when you're in my position, what else can you do with an idiot son other than write him off as breeding stock?"

"...Is forcing people into an arranged marriage even legal in SimNation?"

"Technically only in Veronaville due to some obscure bylaw, but do I look like I give a damn? I am not dying without someone competent to take my place, and none of you could be trusted with even the tiniest fraction of my fortune! Spurgin? He couldn't direct traffic down a one-way street! You? I've seen squirming premature infants accomplish more impressive things than you! Sprog? My god, do you want to watch the whole world burn? And does Lester even qualify as a human being? In short, my only option left is to force a few grandchildren into existence, because every last one of my sons is a complete and total fuckup!"

"I mean, really, is there any way you could possibly be more of an embarassment to me?"

"I-"

-AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

OH GOD MY ASS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
< FOOTAGE OF ALIEN RECTAL BIRTH DELETED FOR THE SAKE OF EVERYONE'S SANITY >
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Rick, explain. NOW."

"...I can't. I really, really can't."

-------------------------------------------------

And so Cryptosporidium Scumthorpe, Enslaver of Man came into the world.

His initial traits are Genius and Brave. Considering the people he lives with, he's going to need the latter.
Inventor
#1572 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 6:33 PM
There has been a debate on the best place for a woman to give birth for a long time. Some say it's in the hospital, and some say at home is best. My Sim has solved this debate; and as it turns out both ideas or solutions are wrong. According to my Sim, the best place to give birth is in your horse barn, in your underwear. Both she and her husband also feel it's good for the Father of the baby to completely ignore his wife giving birth, because letting the horses out of their stalls is much more important than the birth of the child.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1573 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 6:56 PM
Lets see.

Sims idling simply for about one game hour to conduct an action. Like my sim had her carpool waiting outside; but then she was like "Nope, gonna hang here till I miss the carpool and arrive late."

Neighbor sims [witches] who cast love spell on one of the main house members; regardless of the gender. Usually causes issues and ruins the reputations and counts as romantic interest. [having two partners or something] Feels more like forced love....if that's even a word.

Sims eating on the edge of the bathtub. Totally made me go like "Why are you eating in the bathroom dammit!"

Hmm oh yeah the most popular one.

Sims that watch their relatives burn and start panicking instead of trying to put out the fire :/
One of my household sims watched his daughter burn until I had to command him to extinguish her, then he started panicking after that AGAIN.

Sims who spam the jelly bean tree, guess they want to die, I stopped putting it in my house even tho it sometimes grants positive moodlets.
Instructor
#1574 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
I was specifically aiming my comment towards her remarking that Mingham should share Arthur Friend with the world. I cringe in fear to know what fate will become of society if that ever happens.

Well maybe just share him wit me then. He's the kind of sim I love.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Scholar
#1575 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 7:47 PM
That last picture of Larry. Dear. Lord.

I haven't laughed so hard since probably the post with child Lester in it xD

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Page 63 of 321