Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 3:29 AM
Default Shining skin issue
I'm creating shorts for teen female. Everything seemed good until I tested it in game.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I don't know what is causing it. In blender, milkshape, tsrw there was no issue.

blender
[IMG][/IMG]
milkshape
[IMG][/IMG]
tsrw
[IMG][/IMG]

How do I solve it?????
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Feb 2022 at 1:29 PM
In TSRW, on the 'Mesh' tab where you imported your mesh, you should see a section called 'materials'. Click on the ellipsis (...) next to that (1). The 'materials' editor screen will come up. You likely haven't changed this instances of the 'Alpha', 'Multiplier', 'Normal Map' and 'Specular' to use the ones you imported (2). Click the 'edit' button by each one, then in the image editor that pops up click 'BROWSE' and locate the appropriate image for that item (DO NOT re-import your image or you will get duplicates) (3, 4).

Do this for EACH mesh LOD as well.

(For the 'alpha', use the same as the multiplier.)
Screenshots

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
In TSRW, on the 'Mesh' tab where you imported your mesh, you should see a section called 'materials'. Click on the ellipsis (...) next to that (1). The 'materials' editor screen will come up. You likely haven't changed this instances of the 'Alpha', 'Multiplier', 'Normal Map' and 'Specular' to use the ones you imported (2). Click the 'edit' button by each one, then in the image editor that pops up click 'BROWSE' and locate the appropriate image for that item (DO NOT re-import your image or you will get duplicates) (3, 4).

Do this for EACH mesh LOD as well.

(For the 'alpha', use the same as the multiplier.)

Thanks for your help. I managed to fix the problem. It tuned out uv map caused issue. After using mesh toolkit to give morph and bone assignment, I think I chose wrong reference. I imported my file as object to blender, whole leg part uv map was so messed up. So I choose another reference then it worked perfectly. :D
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 10:37 AM
Bone assignments and morphs don't really affect uv mapping and vice versa. The UV Map just tells the system how to project the textures onto the mesh. If vertex 1 is located at a certain coordinate on the UV map, that part of the texture will be displayed on that vertex no matter where it is moved by the bone/morphs. The bone assignments tell the system what parts of the mesh should move in conjunction with the movement of each part of the rig/skeleton.

I'm glad that whatever you did fixed your issue though.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
Bone assignments and morphs don't really affect uv mapping and vice versa. The UV Map just tells the system how to project the textures onto the mesh. If vertex 1 is located at a certain coordinate on the UV map, that part of the texture will be displayed on that vertex no matter where it is moved by the bone/morphs. The bone assignments tell the system what parts of the mesh should move in conjunction with the movement of each part of the rig/skeleton.

I'm glad that whatever you did fixed your issue though.

I'm quite sure there's nothing to do between Bone/morph and uv mapping. However, I don't know why, after doing bone/morph job, I checked how it went, then I realized that uv map of leg part is totally distorted. It was decent when I exported as obj. from blender. But it changed a lot. Not sure why. I don't know if I'm going to make more outfit or not, I hope no more issue like it happen. Anyway, problem solved, I'm content now. Thanks again!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CHboom!
I'm quite sure there's nothing to do between Bone/morph and uv mapping. However, I don't know why, after doing bone/morph job, I checked how it went, then I realized that uv map of leg part is totally distorted. It was decent when I exported as obj. from blender. But it changed a lot. Not sure why. I don't know if I'm going to make more outfit or not, I hope no more issue like it happen. Anyway, problem solved, I'm content now. Thanks again!

There will always be issues as you try to learn and do more than you did yesterday! As JoshQ says, "Practice and Patience"!