Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 3:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Dark shade covers ground level items when zooming out
Some rugs and some items which are placed on the ground keep getting covered by a dark shade (i suppose it was the object's shadow) whenever i zoom out. I've tried playing the game with and without the rug fix mod but i dont think the mod has anything to do with it.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 6:16 PM
Do you use a lighting mod? If not, then are you placing these objects/rugs on or off the grid? Are these CC objects/rugs, or are they original Maxis ones?

I use the rug fix myself and have never had this issue; in fact, it allows me to centre rugs without graphical defects.

The only thing I can think of is lighting... do you also have the shadow fix? I don't know what difference that would make, though.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Do you use a lighting mod? If not, then are you placing these objects/rugs on or off the grid? Are these CC objects/rugs, or are they original Maxis ones?

I use the rug fix myself and have never had this issue; in fact, it allows me to centre rugs without graphical defects.

The only thing I can think of is lighting... do you also have the shadow fix? I don't know what difference that would make, though.

I use gunmod radiance light. They are original maxis rugs. I place them on grid. The shade cover issue when zooming out only happens when i place the rugs outdoor. When i place them indoor, there is another issue, the shadow of the object which is placed on the rug flickers so much (most of them). And some rugs even become so dark.
When placing rugs outdoor, the shadows of objects and sims will be under the rugs. It looks so weird. Is the game supposed to be like that or its only me? Thanks in advance.