Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#76 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 11:11 AM
@Rhyanne : I didn't see Charity's post (probably because she posted on Classic and I was on Bootstrap) but I've posted you a link by PM too!

(This post should also flush Charity's post out so everyone can see it.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 11:58 AM
AndrewGloria, Charity, thank you both so much for helping me out.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#78 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 3:30 PM Last edited by gdayars : 1st Dec 2017 at 4:44 PM.
Just saying, if you have anything you want to grab, I stayed up late downloading last night, and hit it again this morning, and it is still up as of 12 minutes ago.

It is gone
Mad Poster
#79 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Mamba City appears to be a Russian adult site, and seems to be a suitable place for sharing his more "adult" stuff.

Mamba City is fine, it's where I upload my creations now (Fallout 4). Despite the Russian URL, it's an English-speaking site, and a friendly place. (And not necessarily 'adult' - my own creations are all family-friendly! But Fallout 4 is an 18+ game.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#80 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 8:06 PM
looks like it's gonna be a no-go for me, though. I registered, but it won't send me a confirmation email and won't let me register again. Yes, I checked the spam folder.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#81 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 8:09 PM
I know somebody else who had that issue Smorbie, and it just took a while for them to show up. I haven't tried yet myself.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 9:12 PM
What the...? Nooooo, it is dead! Shoot, I was so excited to try out that time controller! And now it is GONE!

...Excuse me, I am going to cry myself to sleep
Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I know somebody else who had that issue Smorbie, and it just took a while for them to show up. I haven't tried yet myself.

I just registered at Mamba City today and the confirmation email was sent to my Gmail account in minutes. Maybe try again? Possibly use gmail if you didn't already?

Chris Hatch hasn't added anything there yet, but he has a section set up, so one can see that Chris intends on adding his mods to the site.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 12:30 AM Last edited by Rafael! : 3rd Dec 2017 at 8:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
This is the email I received from Chris. We have his blessing to continue having the thread up. He said something about the expansion packs, but I don't really feel like he answered the question I asked. Maybe someone smarter can make something out of the answer.

He gave me the URL for his new site. I know some of you have tried to go there and have been unable to do so. Maybe you will have better luck just clicking on the link.

I see that there are some new posts and there may be something I need to address, but I took the day off. I've been working so hard on this and recreating my old hood that I haven't had any time to actually play. I remedied that today, and I had fun. Anyway, here it is:

First you haven't breached anything, my policy is, has always been and will always be 'do whatever you like with my files provided they are kept free, I don't require credit' Feel free to share them in anyway you like.

BAS was supposed to close a year ago but Victor (site owner) forgot to cancel the server subscription and it accidently rolled over for another year so I have had over a year to think about it, in-fact most of the required support files for T&A and A&N are included in their instruction files because I knew the site will close they would become unavailable.
The end of BAS is an opportunity for me to go through some of the complex mods like hospitals and update & simplify the files and confirm any meshes etc. are either available or included.

I expect to begin uploading stuff at Mamba City ( mambacity ) I have made a few brand new things so when BAS closes and I begin to upload there I'll 'hit the ground running'
The most recent thing I just finished is a large, steel version of Jasana's Ferris Wheel , it has twin seats so couples can ride together and it is double the height which makes it look good from neighbourhood view.

That is truly funny, we run Mambacity. And Chris never asked us, about his own section before. I heard about, that he upload his files in Mambacity on 1. December. So i´m truly baffled about the hole thing. By the way, the page is basically for adults 18 +! I´m not sure, if this link is welcome in a public thread here?
Field Researcher
#85 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Mamba City is fine, it's where I upload my creations now (Fallout 4). Despite the Russian URL, it's an English-speaking site, and a friendly place. (And not necessarily 'adult' - my own creations are all family-friendly! But Fallout 4 is an 18+ game.)

Thank you! Love your Fallout creations!
Instructor
#86 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:44 AM
I guess you're Ezzy - I love your stuff too. My other half plays Fallout 4
I sometimes upload my 18+ stuff to Mamba City and agree it's a friendly place.
Good to know Chris's stuff is getting a new home
Mad Poster
#87 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:55 AM
I still cant get into Mamba City. DX The link gives me a 'Can't reach this page'.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#88 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafael!
That is truly funny, we run Mambacity. And Chris never asked us, about his own section before. I heard about, that he upload his files in Mambacity on 1. December. So i´m truly baffled about the hole thing. By the way, the page is basically for adults 18 +! I´m not sure, if this link is welcome in a public thread here?

Charity and I can't get on. I just never got a confirmation email and now it won't let me make another account. Charity is getting some other error. I don't remember what it is, but it's a post or so above one.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#89 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 4:18 AM
Charity and I can't get on. I just never got a confirmation email and now it won't let me make another account. Charity is getting some other error. I don't remember what it is, but it's a post or so above one.

LOL, I read the first line and thought wait, what did I do? Why can't they get on with me. XD
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#90 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 4:24 AM
Somebody else I know is getting an error too. and that is funny too about the rest of it :P
Mad Poster
#91 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Julie J
I guess you're Ezzy - I love your stuff too. My other half plays Fallout 4
I sometimes upload my 18+ stuff to Mamba City and agree it's a friendly place.
Good to know Chris's stuff is getting a new home

Yes, I'm Ezzy over there, thanks for liking my stuff! (And I like your Sims stuff!) I wonder why some people are having trouble getting onto the site, though - I've never had any problem with that (and I go there every day), have you?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#92 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:27 AM
Well, that's three people in just this short thread

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#93 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:12 PM
I wondered if the site doesn't like certain kinds of email addresses maybe?
Field Researcher
#94 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I still cant get into Mamba City. DX The link gives me a 'Can't reach this page'.

I tried the links here, they all work fine for me. You have some browser issues? I basically don´t think, it´s a good idea to share a 18+ link in a public thread with members under age.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 3:13 PM

Which e mail provider you use? You are sure you entered the right e mail address, during the registration progress?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#96 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafael!
I tried the links here, they all work fine for me. You have some browser issues? I basically don´t think, it´s a good idea to share a 18+ link in a public thread with members under age.

Yes, thanks Rafael for thinking of that. Please no direct links.

I have registered and logged in over there just fine - I even made a post (Hi Chris). If you're having trouble, maybe check that your browser and/or anti-adware are not set up to exclude certain types of sites.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#97 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 5:09 PM
he has the ferris wheel up already
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#98 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 5:36 PM
Since I didn't get a confirmation email, and yes, I gave the correct address, I don't think it's a browser issue on my part. I was able to view the site. Now, when I go there to attempt to register, again, it tells me I already have an account. The same thing happens at SS. I guess I'm just SOL on this one. But, maybe those things you mentioned will help Charity.

Field Researcher
#99 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 10:18 PM
Since I didn't get a confirmation email, and yes, I gave the correct address, I don't think it's a browser issue on my part. I was able to view the site. Now, when I go there to attempt to register, again, it tells me I already have an account. The same thing happens at SS. I guess I'm just SOL on this one. But, maybe those things you mentioned will help Charity.

Which username you used for Mamba smorbie1? You got a second older account? Once the username, E mail address is taken, you can´t register with the same name or E mail address a second time. Simply to protect the account.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#100 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:56 PM
No, I never heard of the site before Chris mentioned moving there. I used smorbie1 (because I'd forget if I tried to use too many names). It didn't initially protest when I registered. I just never got an email to link back to it. I guess the program thinks it sent me one and has saved my account without my having access to it.

Page 4 of 13