Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Intro with Maxis logo

by ellacharmed Posted 6th Mar 2013 at 4:17 PM - Updated 9th Mar 2013 at 3:37 PM by ellacharmed

157 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 107 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Instructor
#76 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 6:23 PM
This works fine in my updated game, regardless of how I load it. I have it in the Packages folder, not the Overrides folder in Mods. Great job, ellacharmed. Thanks!

Melissa
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 4:14 AM
This is a wonderful download! No more waiting on that video!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#78 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 4:58 AM
Maxis the little logo sneak... tisk tisk
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aceman67
After installing Into the Future and upgrading to 1.6, I let the game sit at "not responding" at start up for about 10 minutes.

Then I disabled your mod and the game loaded fine.

Maybe an update might be in order
Can you confirm your game version, please, @aceman67? I'd like to think it is a typo error, but I don't like to make assumptions. Is it 1.6 or 1.63? Like I already stated, the video in version 1.63 patch has not changed. There's nothing to update.

Thanks to others who confirmed this works for them too, in version 1.63. Much appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 11:46 AM
Thank you! I love it♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 6:59 PM
thank you so much
Test Subject
#82 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nesleyswipes
I had to remove this in order for the game to load. Perhaps it was a mod conflict. :/

Quote: Originally posted by Yowlen
I'd bet you downloaded the normal framework archive, and left the now-obsolete original "nointro.package" in there. Adding this mod will cause conflicts with that one, since this mods all the same files the original had. This one just includes an additional one for the Maxis logo that appeared with the 1.50 patch.

By the way, for the rest of you wondering if it will work with a given patch, the same rules the original mod had should apply with this, in that it should never need to be updated unless EA adds a new logo again, which is the reasoning for the Compatibility part of the main description of this mod (feel free to read next time ).

I had the same issue with this.

And before it's suggested let me say first I am fully patched and updated and I have very few mods (mostly Nraas stuff) so no it was not a mod conflict. I removed my original nointro and replaced it with this one and:
-- The game would load to the ITF page and go no further i.e. the bar never moved.
-- The game would freeze completely and I would have to force shutdown of my computer.
After removing this mod the issues with the freezing and no loading stopped completely and I'm happy for it because I feared permanently damaging my computer with the constant forced shutdowns.

I'm glad it works for others but for some it's just a no go.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 6:26 AM Last edited by ellacharmed : 24th Nov 2013 at 6:41 AM. Reason: added more qns
Alrighty guys, I cannot replicate this issue on my system, so in order to help, I need more statistical data. So that we can seek out the common patterns that may be the cause or point out stuff that may contribute to the cause.
If those who encountered this issue can answer the following questions, it would be a great help. Those that have things working may also answer them if you don't mind, so we can have a comparison...

Quote:
  1. How was the game patched? Via Launcher, Manually? What game version? Full string, please, like 1.63.5.024001.
  2. Do you have DVD, Origin, or Steam versions?
  3. What is the last EP/SP installed?
  4. How do you launch the game; via Launcher or bypassed?
  5. Windows or OSX, what version? eg: Windows 8.1, OSX 10.9, etc
  6. Caches have been regenerated? How about the WorldCaches and Thumbnails?
  7. Where are you stuck? At the first loading screen or after selecting a Save? And this affects ALL Saves across the board, no matter what world?
  8. Have you done a full uninstall+reinstall+repatch? Or at least of the base game + last EP released? Still the same outcome with fresh CC framework?
  9. Does this happen in pre-patched Saves games only or also on new games after patching? Have you tried on new games on new set of user folder where this mod is the only CC installed, with a freshly re-downloaded CC framework placed? What happens then?
  10. If this happens only on a pre-patched Save game,
    • what version were you at when this Save game loads fine? What were the pack combinations installed at this time?
    • are you willing to upload it somewhere so I, or someone else who knows more than me, can take a look at it? zip it up and post the link.
  11. If this happens on a new clean User folder setup with just this mod installed with a fresh CC Framework in place, and you've done a FULL uninstall+reinstall+manual repatch, do you remember if there's anything new installed or removed from the system? New antivirus updates, windows updates, driver updates, new software? Please also post your system specs. Game Help:System Specswiki
  12. Are you able to kill the task/force-quit to return to desktop or did you have to reboot the system manually? If a total reboot, and if you're on Windows, can you check the Event Logs and tell me what Windows report as the error code for this crash? You can do a web search on how to check Event Logs for you particular Windows version. If on Mac, sorry, I don't know what's the term, but I'm sure the all-knowing Google can also help.

So, here's my data:
1. How was the game patched? Via Launcher, Manually? What game version? Full string, please, like 1.63.5.024001.
Manual superpatch - 1.63.5.024001

All are on DVD. Current combinations of installed pack: all EPs released thus far. No SPs.

Into the Future

Bypassed Launcher, ie using 3Booter from Maty. TS3W works, too.

Windows Home Premium 7 SP1

6 - 12
Not applicable. my game works with this mod on 1.63 + ITF.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#84 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 9:14 PM
Just wanted to say, thanks. Working perfectly here with:

Manual superpatch - 1.63.5.024002

DVD; Almost all expansions (Minus a couple of stuff packs)

Into the Future

Not using launcher at all, booting TS3W.exe directly

Linux (with Wine set to Windows 7)

6 - 12
N/A Works fine..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 11:59 PM
Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 5:30 PM
Thanks for modifying the original!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 7:25 AM
Tnx, makes my damn game run quicker!
Field Researcher
#88 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 5:13 AM
So happy this was updated! I couldn't understand why my launcher wouldn't load at all. For the longest time I bypassed the launcher since it wouldn't load, but I had first filtered through all my mods to see what could have been causing my issue. I literally just now realized it was the no intro mod. I never once thought about it being the culprit LOL. Downloaded the new version and I'm happy that I can use the launcher again, mostly for installing sims3packs.
THANKS POST
#89 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 3:55 PM
Thanks for this helpful download! I will try it out now. If it does not work I will let you know. :)
THANKS POST
#90 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 10:39 AM
Thanks so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 7:46 AM
That intro was annoying!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 10:00 AM
Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 8:15 AM
This saves a lot of time, thank you!
THANKS POST
#94 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 3:05 PM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#95 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 6:32 AM
I just want my game to start, it takes long enough as is and with a six month old son to watch, I just do not have time to muck about. Thanks so much. I really honestly appreciate this.
THANKS POST
#96 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 3:42 PM
First mod I've got, works perfect, thanks so much!!
THANKS POST
#97 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 10:49 PM
ty
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#98 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 7:38 PM
Maxis created the game? That's cool, but I don't want to see their logo every time!
Test Subject
#99 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mister_wolfe
Maxis created the game? That's cool, but I don't want to see their logo every time!

nope , the sims 3 was first developed by electronic arts but after some time they partenered up with maxis , and now , most of the new sims
are made by maxis . Hope that now ur informed , i agree with u - more intros in sims 3 are a little too much loading time for me so yea this
is a nice thing . Thanks for making the mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 5:53 PM
Thank you this mod saves allot of my time specially when im testing stuff :)
Page 4 of 7