Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Natural Beauty: Idolatry of Flesh Skintones - UPDATED 03-Mar-07

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 22nd Feb 2007 at 10:47 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2013 at 10:20 AM by HystericalParoxysm : Adding a known issues heading.

364 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 337 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 15
Forum Resident
#26 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:50 PM
very very well done! I love how they arent super shiny! I have way to many shiny skintones in my game.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#27 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 2:07 PM
tigmomx,

Please refer to the base game configuration and skintones. Note how they don't have nipples on the women either? The Sims 2 skintones have never been anatomically correct in that regards - it's only the skintones that other people have made that are done like that.

I suggest you direct your annoyance towards Maxis and EA in general for having exactly the same setup in the normal game.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#28 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 2:07 PM
if you actually look at the original skintones that Maxis did, there were no nipples on the women's skin... and from what i recall, children share the same skintone. so HP's version is just that... an enhancement of Maxis' skintones. i don't really see what the big commotion is. *shrug* she did an awesome job! this is her version. that's what you should be commenting about.

DDO
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 2:14 PM
What can I say but that this skin tone is absolutely amazing! I love the redhead female, she's amazingly beautiful! Great job, I think this is the most realistic skintone I've ever seen. Great work, great work. Sad to hear that you may be going, but it's always your choice. Thanks for sharing your projects with us.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 2:14 PM
Thanks HP, these are so lovely!!!! Non-shiny too, YAY!!! :D
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 8:18 PM
I've put these back up (minus the defaults, which were sadly borked) because of the kindness that's been shown to me by the truly good parts of this community - those wonderful individuals that have made me stay as long as I have. I can still only see the flaws in them myself, but I don't see the point in just throwing away all that work when someone might enjoy them. If I've tried my hardest and still failed, at least I have tried.

That being said, if I hear one more thing about nipples or lackthereof, I'm gonna knock you guys into next week.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 8:23 PM
Thanks for putting them back up, they are far too lovely not to have!
Test Subject
#33 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 8:42 PM
Thanks for your hard work, and for re-posting them. I was kicking myself for being on the wrong computer to download them when I first saw them, as I've been looking for a nice set of "non-shiny" skintones for absolutely ages <3
Field Researcher
#34 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 8:46 PM
HP, those hours of hard work are showing off. Thank you so much for creating them and I can't wait to get them in my game.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 8:47 PM
Thank you HystericalParoxysm, I hope enjoy modding Oblivion and thanks again for putting them back up again
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 9:23 PM
Aw HP! Thanks for all hard work, creating and sharing. <3
These skintones are fantastic!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 9:25 PM
Glad these are back up, missed them the first time Have fun modding Oblivion (it's an RPG isn't it? I love those lol)
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 9:34 PM
These look great...but I missed them the first time. At least I can get them now...

My issues with most skins have been aroung the eyelid...and I really think you did a great job on that.

Thanx much for these.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mad Poster
#39 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 9:42 PM
Thank you HP for reuploading them!!!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 9:47 PM
I'm really impressed with how warm and lively these skins look, while at the same time maintaining a very stylized appearance. I also like that they're more yellow toned, because most sim skins tend towards the pink.

A minor critique - the highlighting on the upper chest area defines bone ridges clearly, but that's something one would generally only see on quite thin women. Since their ribs aren't clearly defined as well as would happen with someone that thin, it gives me a visual disconnect. I do know that women often don't have much flesh in that area - heck, I'm one myself! - but the bone ridges shouldn't be quite that well defined.

It's not a flaw that will keep me from using the skins - they look perfect for Maxis pre-made neighborhoods, in which I like to keep closer to the game's original look. However, you may wish to keep my critique in mind for any future skins you do, if any.

Have fun making cool stuff for Oblivion!
Instructor
#41 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 11:20 PM
Holy crap! Holy crap! These are beautiful! Thank you so much for reuploading them. I, too, find the shiny stuff not to my taste and these tones are just perfect.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Test Subject
#42 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 11:45 PM
These are really pretty. It's nice to see some non shiny skintones. I hope somebody does some defaults soon, too
Field Researcher
#43 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 3:38 AM
These are really beautiful. I'm so glad that you decided to post them... I'm such a skintone junkie and lately I've gotten tired of seeing all my sims look so shiny. Thank you very much

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Instructor
#44 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 4:26 AM
Glad to see that you're not gone. =)

Love your skintone. It's your masterpiece! Millions of thanks!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 10:32 PM Last edited by TenshiiAkari12 : 24th Feb 2007 at 10:39 PM.
These are awesome, HP! Thank you for all of your hard work. I'm glad you decided to re-upload these, because I was about to download when the page came up "thread not found" or something to that effect.

I'm sorry that certain people's actions caused you to go on hiatus from sims, but all good people need a break from their hobbies in most cases. Good luck on your future endeavors!

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 3:11 AM
I was testing them out to see them in game and then they were gone and now there back so now I can say thank you.

Looking on the Bright Side of Life!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 12:09 PM
And now that I've seen these in bodyshop (with decent lighting, natch) - damn, woman, these are wonderful. They're right up there with my previous better-than-Maxis favourites, Rensim's Freshie skins. Excellent work.
Inventor
#48 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 7:13 PM
I appreciate all the hard work that's gone into creating these, as they are exceptionally beautiful and practical too.

Thanks for putting them back up. Hope to see more of your lovely work one day, but only if it comes from enjoyment of creating and sharing, that's what made your work so good, imo.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#49 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 8:47 PM Last edited by JLonier : 25th Feb 2007 at 9:16 PM.
HP, how on earth are the defaults borked? I've been using them since I downloaded them without a problem. As long as I change my simmies appearance (as usual with default replacements) they look fantastic. Should I take them out for some reason?

And Oblivion rocks. Especially with mods. If you're modding the characters' appearances I may just have to start playing again. I've got a new puter and haven't even loaded Oblivion yet.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 9:48 PM
Thanks, Renatus. I do kinda see your point with the chest ridges though... I have always considered myself essentially identical to the Maxis body shape, and I looked up some photos of myself taken a while back and I have the same chest ridgey. My sister has it even more - perhaps a little more pronounced on my skintone as I'm used to seeing it every day in the mirror on my own body, but that's also one of the things that is heavily toned down for the "fat" version too. And thank you for the compliment - RenSim's Freshies are among my favourite skins too, for their non-shinyness. Glad to be in a similar category of awesomeness, even if you are a terrible nitpicker and I need to hit you with sticks. The previous sentence is just me mostly kidding, of course.

JLonier, apparently faces don't update properly when aging up or down using shortcut (material definition) defaults. I'd tested that they were defaults and working like that but I hadn't tested aging, and apparently that doesn't work. :\

I'm getting into making my first Oblivion clothings today. Hairs are probably not going to happen from me, though I would love to convert my Sims 2 hairs if I can find someone in the Oblivion community capable of offering some help.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Page 2 of 15