Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Kitchen & Bath Stuff Objects Fix - Missing Seasons/FreeTime Functions Enabled - Updated 2008/08/31, Rolled into New AL fix

by Lord Darcy Posted 16th Apr 2008 at 1:31 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:11 AM by Lord Darcy : AL Compatibility

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 73 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#26 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 6:50 AM
I´m so very thankful for you being so quick and visionary! Kisses and hugs!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#27 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 7:14 AM
oh thank you, i didnt actually try the new stuff in a home yet and found this download and had a ballistic fit! my god how stupid can anyone corp get! if its KITCHEN AND BATHS!!!!!! especially kitchen, i hate the way that trashcompactors and fridges i have downloaded however "pretty" they are dont have seasons functions (the tinker i can put up with missing, but not leftovers and stock options) i usually dont use them then and now an OFFICIAL PACK lacks these same options!!!!!!!!! yes i still am pretty upset.
and now i am eternally grateful for this fix, you are a brilliant star! thank you. happy little girl now

(send all these comments to maxis lol)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 8:36 AM
I just can't believe how sloppy EAxis have got. I suppose it's because they know dedicated modders like yourself will fix their laziness for free instead of them having to pay their own staff to do it.

Thanks for sharing, it is greatly appreciated
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 9:09 AM
Heheh, nice one thank you for sorting this so quickly
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#30 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 4:20 PM
Thank you! I just bought K&B, haven't installed it yet, but dl'd this for when I get to installing You rock :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#31 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 4:21 PM
Thanks for getting this out so quickly! I just got my sp yesterday and couldn't understand why the fridge didn't work properly. Then I saw a discussion of this over at EA - so the mods there are aware and are referring people to your fix????? What's up with that? But again thanks mucho!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 2:53 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 3:04 AM
Many thanks goes out to you Lord Darcy! I had read over at the main sim 2 site that many of the options from Seasons, FT, nor TSS were not included with K&B. I almost brought my game back to the store since I had not opened it yet because of all these missing actions. I am sure glad you had fixed it cause I know EA would not have done so. Many thanks to you for helping us keep our game with all the options now intact!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#34 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 6:36 AM
Haha, it looks as if you've fixed something Maxis desperately needed to do themselves and coined the term "EAxis" at the same time! This is seriously something that was ridiculous for them not to address. I don't have K&B myself, but this is a really important fix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 3:05 AM
Thank You very much! This fix is greatly appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 10:29 AM
thank you so much! thats what i've been waiting for
THANKSSSSSSSSSS
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 2:18 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 21st Apr 2008 at 5:56 AM. Reason: Didn't read the forum rules.
Great fix.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 4:23 AM
Works like a charm
thanks for making this mod so quickly
Instructor
THANKS POST
#39 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 6:52 AM
Thank you Lord Darcy! I've just bought the Kitchen and Teen Stuff Packs, and I'm so glad I saw these fixes before I installed and was horribly disappointed! It's got to the stage where, whenever a new pack is released, I come to this site to find out what's wrong with it! (and how someone smarter than Maxis has fixed it !) Thank you again - I shall now run off to play.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator THANKS POST
#40 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 11:10 PM
Thanks so much!

/rant

ea cant ever seem to get anything right?! Do they EVER BOTHER to test their creations?! It wouldnt take much. 1. Hire gamer that plays sims. 2. have them play game. 3. Have them report glitches.

Let me explain. They have to turn on computer, run game with all expansion packs and stuff packs installed, and play game :rolls eyes:

Evidently they dont ever do that.

Thanks to the wonderful workings of creators/fixers like you, we can actually enjoy the game, because if we wait on maxis/ea to fix it we might as well give it up. I truly feel for those who dont have the internet to turn to.

It is getting to the point that I actually dread installing a new expansion/stuff pack, because I fear seeing what it will break. And that is just because of what their own products do to the game themselves, not the work that installing a new pack causes me because of hacks and custom content I install. I dont expect the new stuff to work with hacks etc. I DO expect it to work with their own freaking products!

/end rant
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Thanks so much!

/rant

ea cant ever seem to get anything right?! Do they EVER BOTHER to test their creations?! It wouldnt take much. 1. Hire gamer that plays sims. 2. have them play game. 3. Have them report glitches.

Let me explain. They have to turn on computer, run game with all expansion packs and stuff packs installed, and play game :rolls eyes:

Evidently they dont ever do that.

Thanks to the wonderful workings of creators/fixers like you, we can actually enjoy the game, because if we wait on maxis/ea to fix it we might as well give it up. I truly feel for those who dont have the internet to turn to.

It is getting to the point that I actually dread installing a new expansion/stuff pack, because I fear seeing what it will break. And that is just because of what their own products do to the game themselves, not the work that installing a new pack causes me because of hacks and custom content I install. I dont expect the new stuff to work with hacks etc. I DO expect it to work with their own freaking products!

/end rant

Very Funny
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 5:08 AM
Well i'm glad to see this before mothers day as my kids will give me this pack.Well if they stuff up on SIMS 3 at least we've got you to rely on. Thanks for ur time in fixing their faults for us much appreciated.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:19 AM
I don't have those expansion packs, but I like it.

I also think Davender is great name. I'm stealing it for my sims!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:55 AM
Thank you! I appreciate the fact that you modders fix what I buy, over and over again from EAxis. You have done a top notch job keeping the game worth playing. Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 12:18 PM
Finally! thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 12:42 PM
Very much apprediated Lord Darcy. Perhaps the gaming team at EA should offer you a job seeing as they can't seem to get it right.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#47 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 2:05 PM
I Think They Do It So Modder's Can Fix It And Get Credit?I'll Download As Soon As I Get K&B Also Centime I Think It Will Be At Least 1-2 Years Before They Release TS3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 2:06 PM
wow i forgot all about that compost feature from seasons! good call.
Instructor
#49 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 2:53 PM
Well, the look of the appliances are more to recolors. As to the lack of something, it is not surprising at all. I got a new crib with FT and the front side doesn't go down.
My toddlers step down thru the front fence. The crib looks like a copy of a custom content I saw before, and has the same problem. Very profy!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 9:55 PM
Quote:
Seems that EAxis is almost expecting for modding community to clean up their mess. Base game compatibility? Nonsense. How could it be THAT difficult to check the latest EP upon installation? Or to provide a simple patch on the official website, so that later EP owners can enjoy new functions? If an average player like me can make a quick fix with third party tool just in one day, then bunch of PAID professional programmers can damn well find a workaround, if they only care. This is just pure laziness.

Here's the kicker, Lord Darcy: The game DOES check the latest EP upon installation. It checks to see if it's up to date. That is where it should also be checking to see which EP/SPs the gamer has installed, so as to enable the proper functions.

This is a simple case of EAs left hand not knowing what its right hand is doing.
Page 2 of 5