Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All-In-One and Nanny 090429

by christianlov Posted 26th May 2008 at 9:57 AM - Updated 12th Jan 2010 at 1:22 PM by christianlov : Bug found

237 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 224 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Test Subject
#26 Old 26th May 2008 at 8:50 PM
hi i dont see if anyone asked this yet but i have all the eps and stuff (but the kitchen and bath one) and was wondering what parts of your mod i have to download and if i can download all of them to get all options for my game
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th May 2008 at 9:32 PM
WOW.
Thank you so much for this.
3 thumbs up!
^_^

Yo ho, yo ho
A pirates life for me
And really bad eggs
Theorist
#28 Old 26th May 2008 at 9:32 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th May 2008 at 9:37 PM
Does it work with Free Time? I would really love to use this hack!
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th May 2008 at 10:01 PM
Oh yay thanks for this. I might actually get brave and try to have pets again since my sims won't have to do so much!
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th May 2008 at 10:04 PM
Im going to go play, thanks. This is really fun!

"Don't Sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things." - Dennis the Menace
Test Subject
#32 Old 26th May 2008 at 10:05 PM
Welcome back Christianlov! We missed you!
Banned
#33 Old 26th May 2008 at 10:08 PM
WOW, I'm speechless! So cool, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 26th May 2008 at 10:10 PM
Chris - I am a diehard fan of ur mod/hacks

I especially love the Thinking Cap that allows u 2 speed up skilling time. My sims r clever without the long tiresome skilling thanks 2 ur creative inventions!

Thanks again Christianlov
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th May 2008 at 10:16 PM
This is just amazing. It seems kinda strange how EA didn't do anything like this. Thanks for creating and sharing, MM
Field Researcher
#36 Old 26th May 2008 at 10:17 PM
Ooh, great! I will update my manual for it as soon as I get my comp fixed. TY for updating this! ((((Christianlov))))
Test Subject
#37 Old 27th May 2008 at 12:08 AM
I like the idea of this mod, however I have many hacks/mods in my game. How well does this mod work with other mods?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 27th May 2008 at 12:08 AM
Thanks so much for updating this hack! It is definitely one of my favorites. You may be pleased to know that I was still using it with reasonable success with all expansions and stuff packs installed. Excellent work!

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Test Subject
#39 Old 27th May 2008 at 12:32 AM
This sounds like a great hack, if I remove it will my game be back to the way it was before installing this hack? Sorry, but I am not too bright about things like this.

I am so happy to see you back!!! Now I am hoping that Squinge will return, with the 2 of you I was really in "Hack Heaven".

Thank you very much for sharing your talent, I really do appreciate it.
Alchemist
#40 Old 27th May 2008 at 12:48 AM
Thanks so much. I understand the menus much better in English, too.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 27th May 2008 at 1:15 AM
Thank you! My Sims REALLY missed this mod!
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th May 2008 at 3:44 AM
Hi...I for one am glad to download this mod. I have so many of your mods and I trust your mods. very hack/mod friendly. I do have a question. Do the NPC's need to live in the household, meaning will I need to have a seperate living quarter for them or will they be released to go home (or wherever they go) after the assigned job hour is up? I am only asking because unlike some people who are saying they have missed this mod, this is my first time seeing this and believe me I do have a lot of hacks/mods many many of them are yours...thank you for this mod it is brilliant and definitely better than hiring a nanny...hate the maxis nannies so my mommies always quit working.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 27th May 2008 at 4:21 AM
This is by far my favorite dowload for TS2. I simply cannot play without it. I kept it even unsupported for Seasons and Free Time. Although missing some functionalities it was working just fine.

So as much as I try I could never thank you enough for it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 27th May 2008 at 5:11 AM Last edited by christianlov : 27th May 2008 at 5:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by denisejacquelyndelaney
Hi...I for one am glad to download this mod. I have so many of your mods and I trust your mods. very hack/mod friendly. I do have a question. Do the NPC's need to live in the household, meaning will I need to have a seperate living quarter for them or will they be released to go home (or wherever they go) after the assigned job hour is up? I am only asking because unlike some people who are saying they have missed this mod, this is my first time seeing this and believe me I do have a lot of hacks/mods many many of them are yours...thank you for this mod it is brilliant and definitely better than hiring a nanny...hate the maxis nannies so my mommies always quit working.

Of course, they are released to go home after the assigned job hour is up, so they don't need to live in the houseold.

There are three options available.

One is let them go home by scheduling job hour, like setting up a schedule like "please come to my house at 9:00 AM and then go home at 17:00 PM".

Second is turining on 24 hour option which you can find in the preferences option. With this option turned on and autonomy turned off (my item's autonomy option, not the whole household autonomy one), they will work all day long without sleeping at all. They will be in your lot all day long. But they don't belong to the household.

Third option is here. You may not like it because NPCs are too much robotic and don't look like a sim at all. They just work, work and work. Even nannies work all the time and isn't interested in anything else. Now they need to be like a sim sometimes. They need a fresh air. So if you want a full time maid but you don't like a robot, and you want a more sim-like and lively one, then you can turn on the full time autonomy option and buy the NPC bed. Then they will work, watch TV, take a shower, work again, and then sleep at night.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 27th May 2008 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nana62618
This sounds like a great hack, if I remove it will my game be back to the way it was before installing this hack? Sorry, but I am not too bright about things like this.

I am so happy to see you back!!! Now I am hoping that Squinge will return, with the 2 of you I was really in "Hack Heaven".

Thank you very much for sharing your talent, I really do appreciate it.

Sure, you can safely remove all of the items and the game will just go on, but my NPCs remain in the neighborhood. So you have a few options. First one is killing all of the NPCs using the tweak tool. This may look a bit cruel, but anyway the tweak tool can search for my NPCs and wipe out them one by one automatically. Second option is just let them to live a free life, give them freedom and play them sometimes. They are just like other sim except that they are written based on my template file and they can be controlled more.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 27th May 2008 at 6:36 AM
Thank god for this hack. My life is now complete.
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th May 2008 at 8:22 AM
I only have NL and Uni ep's so which download do I need to install?
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 27th May 2008 at 9:03 AM
I loooove this! My only problem: the NPC is invisible! It's fun to watch the dishes float to the sink and wash themselves, but...I'm thinkin' thats not right, so any idea what I did wrong or am missing? I only have Nightlife, and I thought I installed it correctly (I overwrote the file as instructed). I read everything through, but I must have missed something! Any ideas?
Field Researcher
#49 Old 27th May 2008 at 10:47 AM
Thanks Christianlov for updating this fantastic mod set for FT. I am right this minute replacing the old files with the new! You are great & we LOVE you & your fantastic work!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by azraelchan
I loooove this! My only problem: the NPC is invisible! It's fun to watch the dishes float to the sink and wash themselves, but...I'm thinkin' thats not right, so any idea what I did wrong or am missing? I only have Nightlife, and I thought I installed it correctly (I overwrote the file as instructed). I read everything through, but I must have missed something! Any ideas?

Have you downloaded the base controller zip file too and overwrote the main pack in any case? The one named "patch for base or university"? Because that's not for NL. Maxis is using a unknown (unknown to me, not unknown to all of you ) bit value since Ep2 when they make a character, so using a wrong version may produce NPCs with floating heads. If you didn't download that file and still get those floatig heads, please let me know, I am going to check again!
Page 2 of 10