Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 10:31 PM
Default How to remove floors from foundations?
Hello Mod The Sims! I've got a building question for you.

I just built a basement for my lot, and I have successfully placed some stairs down to the basement. However, only three of four floor tiles have been removed. I've attempted to delete the fourth tile normally, only to have the floor texture removed from the floor, reverting to the stock wood texture. I've tried to remove it with the hammer as well, but that deleted the whole foundation instead of the floor tile. Does anyone know a way to do this? If so, let me now, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 8:36 PM
Not sure I understood that correctly, straight stairs always leave an extra fourth tile on the floor above that has to be removed manually with the floor tool, modular stairs sometimes (depends on the placing a bit). You should NOT be able to put stairs to the basement if a tile of foundation is in the way.
Does your game configuration support ceilings? My game has that hiccup sometimes, I go in "view from below"-mode and delete them with the floor tool from there.
Works every time. (For me)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 12:16 AM
@ KatKaleen

Yes, actually, my games does have ceilings, and deleting ceilings is the only thing that I have not tired to do. I'll be sure to test that out and post back to let you know how it goes. Thank you so much for you answer.
Theorist
#4 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 3:55 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 13th Sep 2019 at 2:44 AM.
Not sure what the problem is, but here's a link to building tutorials that many of us used to learn the basics, and then some: http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/