Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 6:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Tree Hood Deco Disappears in Lot View
So I've been making a custom hood, and I have absolutely filled the hood with hood deco trees (they are under the category trees, not monuments/etc). They show up just fine in neighborhood view. However, when I go into lot view the trees disappear. I can see the trees very close to the lots, but when I look far away they disappear. I have view distance up all the way and fade distance off. I also have gunmod's camera mod. I also have a good graphics card/computer, so I don't think that's the problem, as I have no other graphical issues.

Also, I've tried boolprop dontMergeNHFlora false and it does nothing. Are there any other things I can do to make the trees show up? Or do I just have to download monument trees? (Monuments show up just fine from far distances).
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 8:03 PM
Do you have "boolProp dontMergeNHFlora false" in a userStartup.cheat file? It doesn't do anything until you go from hood to lot (or vice versa).
If you do have it in userStartup.cheat, so that it's on at load time, do you also have "uintProp lotSkirtSizeIncrease 120" set?

Those two, plus View Distance = Extra Large and Fade Distance = Off are all I've ever had to set to get the trees to show up. I've just tested it by loading 35 Woodland Drive on an untouched version of Pleasantview, and from there I can see the trees all the way up on top of the hill on the other side of the bridge.

(The bridge itself is invisible, but that's another problem entirely.)

ETA: I've also tried loading 22 W 175 Mountain Pass Road in Riverblossom Hills, and can see all the trees to the edge of the map from there - which is about 75% of the way across. I don't have any houses on the absolute edge of a hood map to try for 100%.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
Do you have "boolProp dontMergeNHFlora false" in a userStartup.cheat file? It doesn't do anything until you go from hood to lot (or vice versa).
If you do have it in userStartup.cheat, so that it's on at load time, do you also have "uintProp lotSkirtSizeIncrease 120" set?

Those two, plus View Distance = Extra Large and Fade Distance = Off are all I've ever had to set to get the trees to show up. I've just tested it by loading 35 Woodland Drive on an untouched version of Pleasantview, and from there I can see the trees all the way up on top of the hill on the other side of the bridge.

(The bridge itself is invisible, but that's another problem entirely.)

ETA: I've also tried loading 22 W 175 Mountain Pass Road in Riverblossom Hills, and can see all the trees to the edge of the map from there - which is about 75% of the way across. I don't have any houses on the absolute edge of a hood map to try for 100%.

So I added boolProp dontMergeNHFlora false to my userStartup.cheat file and the trees show up now, so thanks for that! However when I load up my custom hood, all the hood deco disappears, and some lots as well. But when I click on the hood deco button they all show up again. This isn't really a problem, since none of my stuff disappeared for real and everything is visible in lot view, it's just annoying when I want to select lots I can't even see.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 2:17 PM
Alright, I added some images. This is what it looks like in neighborhood view, but now sometimes when I go into lot view it looks like this too. I find that if I leave the game window and come back, it forces the game to reload and it goes back to normal, but then I'll do something like delete an object or move and chair and it reverts to this. It's just really weird and frustrating. It all started only after I added the cheat to my userstartup.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 2:25 PM
What are your computer specs and do you have the 4 Gb patch and graphic rules done?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~