Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 10:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Neighbourhood Crashes After Removing Invalid References with HoodChecker
Last week on Feb 28th, I removed invalid references from my neighbourhood using Mootilda's HoodChecker (using Parallels as I'm a Mac user). I was unable to load the neighbourhood afterwards and restored my hood to a backup that I created right before. I tried to do the exact same thing today and re-encountered the same issue. I have a feeling that a reference being wiped shouldn't be removed and I also saved the reports generated by the software as a precaution (attached). I have been able to use HoodChecker before this issue appeared on the 28th and I last cleaned my hood on Feb 25th.

I'm aware that Chris Hatch has an updated version out there and should I be using that one instead? Most people recommend Mootilda's and I'm not quite sure what the difference between them are. I also don't know if Chris' is compatible with Super Collection. Is there a workaround for the issue I'm encountering?
Attached files:
File Type: txt  2021.03.05 Hood Checker Report.txt (13.6 KB, 15 downloads)
File Type: txt  2021.02.28 Hood Checker Report.txt (9.1 KB, 8 downloads)

Call me Seth!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 3:56 AM
Try delete cache files, especially groups.cache
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 4:00 AM
Ok tried running HoodChecker again today and deleted that file before running my game... It still crashes when trying to load the hood, I'm attaching today's report again and there doesn't seem to be any major references being removed.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  2021.03.07 Hood Checker Report.txt (16.4 KB, 7 downloads)

Call me Seth!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 10:45 PM
I tried Chris Hatch's HoodChecker 1.69 today which is available with the most recent version of SimPE and it showed several invalid memory/gossip references regarding the "Got Fired" and the "Got Abducted by Aliens" memories. These did not appear at all on the older version of HoodChecker. I am attaching both files generated today for comparison.

I also removed the invalid references using 1.69 and have been able to load my hood. I checked one of the households with a sim affected and all their memories check out, the only weird thing is that the game crashed when I tried to return to the neighbourhood without saving (that's fine I guess lol).

I am not quite sure how to address the memories though, can anybody advise?
Attached files:
File Type: txt  2021.03.15 Hood Checker 1.69 Report.txt (24.4 KB, 2 downloads)
File Type: txt  2021.03.15 Hood Checker 1.69 Report After.txt (26.9 KB, 1 downloads)
File Type: txt  2021.03.15 Hood Checker Report.txt (24.4 KB, 1 downloads)

Call me Seth!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 11:23 PM
So this issue has now extended to Hood Checker 1.69 for me and I can no longer remove invalid references from my hood using either program as the hood crashes on launch when so. I've attached my most recent report for reference.

Does anybody have a clue what has gone wrong? Am I supposed to try and locate these references manually through SimPE and delete them one by one? If I am able to locate the issued reference (which I can't delete), how am I amble to circumvent the issue from occurring again in these programs? Or do I now have to result to only removing all these invalid references manually?

Also, am I allowed to tag Chris Hatch to get his attention?
Attached files:
File Type: txt  2021.07.08 Hood Checker 1.69 Report.txt (11.4 KB, 5 downloads)

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 11:40 PM
If HoodChecker makes your neighborhood crash, don't use it. If you want to fix some problem specifically with HoodChecker, you can always do it manually in SimPE.
Theorist
#7 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 10:47 PM
The only thing that I can suggest is that you try uploading your (unclean) neighborhood, if you're comfortable with that. I can then try running the Hood Checker on my computer (W10) and see if Mac OS/Parallels is the culprit or not. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

If you're fine with the idea of uploading your neighborhood, make sure you also upload the CC that may need to come with it (for example, multi-PT mods, or mods that add new NPCs).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 8:45 PM
So I actually may have found the source to my issue with HoodChecker 1.69. A sim had acquired a memory of kissing themselves and it is around the same time that my hoods began to crash after being cleaned with this version of HoodChecker. After clearing gossip and removing that memory the neighbourhood was once again cleanable with HoodChecker.

I also should note that the memory was not logged in HoodChecker 1.69, hence why it took me a while to figure out the issue. I did not verify with Mootilda's version though.
Screenshots

Call me Seth!